The Cowfish

merry_nbright

DIS Veteran
OKAY SO, I'm going to have three days in Universal in the fall and was wondering if The Cowfish was good or worth the money? The menu looks amazing, but I was wondering if it's really all that it's cracked up to be. Thanks in advance, guys!

Thumbs up from my crew. :). Best restaurant we've ever been to? No. But we weren't disappointed- everyone liked their meal and service was good.

Went for the first time with a friend a few weeks ago. I don't like hamburgers or sushi, but I still enjoyed it. I got some kind of chicken salad that was very good and huge. I remember thinking how I wished that I liked this kind of food because it seemed like it would be such a fun place to visit with family or friends. There are giant interactive touch screens downstairs for kids to play with, and there were games upstairs as well, cornhole, can't remember if there was anything else. The balconies are nice to sit at as well and look out over Citywalk. It was a nice meal if a bit expensive. I think my salad and drink came to just over $20 at lunch.

My family gives both the burgers and sushi thumbs up. The food is fresh and tasty for sure. Give it a try, I think you'll enjoy it too.

We love Cowfish!

Have had burgers and sushi and liked them both, burgers came out top though as I prefer the Sushi from RPR, but it's still worth getting to try.

Don't find it expensive at all and portions are excellent.

Hope you enjoy it.........

The good thing about Cowfish is that there is a huge menu of things to choose from, and they aren't too expensive. I got a gigantic half-pound burger and fries for ~$14, which is priced really well compared to other food in the area.

Thank you so much, everyone! It makes me even more excited to try it out in October! I can't wait! I'm strange and like the look of the Peanut Butter Burger minus the bananas because I'm allergic.

Thank you so much, everyone! It makes me even more excited to try it out in October! I can't wait! I'm strange and like the look of the Peanut Butter Burger minus the bananas because I'm allergic.

Not strange at all. We have been to Cowfish many times and the "Cowfish has Officially Left the Building" burger is my favorite of all of their burgers. I only do the "Single HUNKA Love" as we do the Crab Ragoon Dip appetizer and split a "The All-American Bacon Double Cheeseburgooshi". The three of us have our own entree and split the rest and have never come close to finishing everything, but it all tastes soooo good. We also do the spiked milkshakes. They are worth the trip all by themselves. We love Cowfish.

Fried pickles!

00946EE9-BAE1-4E78-B57B-95FF3745F4E3_zps8j63jhrd.jpg

Last edited:
We have one in Charlotte and I have been once. Personally I would go to Vivo instead. The prices are not that different and the food is excellent.

Excellent place to eat. As weird as it sounds, The Cowfish Has Officially left the Building was great. The parmasean truffle fries are also excellent and great prices on everything. You get the bill and it's almost like not a vacation restaurant bill.

We ate lunch at the one in City Walk last week. We shared the spicy sushi roll as an appetizer and my husband and I had burgers (a veggie burger for me, jalapeño for my husband). Our 9 year old ordered a kids bento box and had California roll, edamame, and I can't remember what else (fruit, maybe?). Anyway, we enjoyed it and would go back.

Last edited:
We have one in Charlotte and I have been once. Personally I would go to Vivo instead. The prices are not that different and the food is excellent.
Vivo must have gotten a lot better. Their sauce was too sweet for me the two times I visited after they opened. It's gotten much better reviews lately. I'll give it one more shot.

DS hates sushi, and he specifically requested we eat there Memorial Day weekend. I thought the sushi, burgers, and drinks were really good. Use the app to get on the wait list, since they don't take reservations. The only other places that are must dos for us are the Potter restaurants and Margaritaville for the margaritas, coconut shrimp, and key lime pie.

It's like like Five Guys vs Burger King only Red Robbin isn't that bad. But yea, better. Burgers are bigger, beef is fresher and when you order medium rare you get medium rare.

Glad to hear that! I'm not a huge fan of Red Robin, it's just okay to me. So to hear that it's better makes me happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter