The couch pullout

I haven't slept in it, but I've always had the understanding that the sofa bed was a regular twin size mattress... it does have a slight "headboard" and "footboard" as the sofa armrests.

I think this is correct. Although the picture above makes the bed look small (that and all those pillows at the head) I think it is actually a regular size twin mattress. Granted, for large people a twin mattress is pretty small. My head/feet stick off any bed that isn't a king unless i get my head right up at the top and I'm only 6'2".

Basically, it becomes necessary to lay on your side and bend your knees.

But at least the bed will be gently swaying and the view when you wake is wonderful!

My impression was that it was a bit of a "narrow" twin size mattress, perhaps a touch shorter as well. Would work for an adult, but probably wouldn't be their favourite bed ever. DCL staterooms are really designed for families; many cruise lines offer the "king that splits into two twins" style. (though of course, that comes with the whole "dip in the middle" complaint).

I'm 6' 1" guy and have slept on the couch bed a few times, albeit at a bit of an angle so my feet don't hang off the end. :) It is comfortable and I slept well. We've had the Murphy bed too, and I'd say it is smaller than the coach bed. My daughter who was 5' 4" at the time slept well on it. Enjoy your cruise!

I am 5'7" and have slept on the couch bed several times....I like it and find it cozy and comfortable. When my other friend and I cruise she begs to take the couch bed...she loves it!

MJ

Any adults sleep on the small couch pull out bed? Reviews of that??

It's pretty small. And it folds down rather than pulls out

The bed on the Pullman style fold out sofa (as well as the bed on the bunk, and Murphy beds) are all twin size mattresses. Our sons have slept on them on 2 different cruises. Both about 5'9" with no issues.
fantasy 2014 4A verandah beds open 23091 P1030566 1500.jpg

There are some rooms that have the standard fold out couch (double bed). I believe those are on the Cat V Dream class ships.

I am 5’8 and sleep on the sofa bed with no problems. I give my adult DD the bed because I get up before her to get ready in the morning and walk around the ship while she is still sleeping. There is a curtain that separates the bed area that blocks the light (Inside Cabin)

DH is 5’9” with a bad back and in Oct 2018 he actually preferred sleeping on his side on the sofa bed. He said he liked the mattress better than the queen bed.

I'm 5'3" and have slept on the sofa bed on the Dream and the Magic- I actually found it to be very comfortable! I also prefer a firmer bed. I had enough room to sleep comfortably.

I know there was a thread not too long ago where the poster was discussing the comfort of the queen bed and how lately, on the Magic IIRC that it sloped down on the edges. I had not experienced that before but did on our last cruise in November. I had to sleep more toward the middle of the queen or I felt like I was going literally roll out of bed!

sorry to hijack from the topic but I just thought of it.

MJ

Not sure anyone can answer this, but the murphy bed was fairly hard (compared to the queen, but tolerable otherwise), mostly because it doesn't have any springs under the mattress. Just the board for the bed base. However, does anyone know what's under the sofa bed mattress? Is there any type of box spring, unlike the murphy bed (and the bunk for that matter)?

No box spring, just the solid back of the couch.

Perhaps the difference reflected how much each hasd been used/how new it was ?

SW.

No box spring, just the solid back of the couch.

Perhaps the difference reflected how much each hasd been used/how new it was ?

SW.
The mattresses were new, but the murphy bed was just sitting on the hard board. I thought maybe the couch bed might have some 'give', as there is so much padding on the couch itself, but if there's just a hard board underneath, the extra cushioning might not make a difference. I haven't tried the sofa bed, just the murphy and bunk beds. And the queen, of course.

The bed on the Pullman style fold out sofa (as well as the bed on the bunk, and Murphy beds) are all twin size mattresses. Our sons have slept on them on 2 different cruises. Both about 5'9" with no issues.
View attachment 375779

There are some rooms that have the standard fold out couch (double bed). I believe those are on the Cat V Dream class ships.
Thanks. I was looking for this very picture; all 3 extra beds opened up for a room for 5.

I’ve slept on the couch bed when my kids shuffled sleeping arrangements during the night. I’m 5’8” and didn’t have any trouble fitting in the bed, although it was harder than I preferred.

I’m 5’9” 240 lbs and 55years old. I last slept on the Wonder couch Monday morning for the 6th day. Previously I sailed 2, 7day cruises on the couch. I have no regrets. Just booked another cruise while I was there and I know I’m on the couch again so my parents can share a bed.
I also wanted to mention that I had my daughters boyfriend see if he fit on the couch, and he did, but commented it was “doable”. He slept with his mom in the queen bed and my daughter had the loft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter