The Connors

I really liked last night’s show, with the exception of Blue—a bit over the top for me. I liked the interaction between Becky and Dan over her alcohol use, David and Darlene’s conversation about Roseann and Jackie’s comments about Bev were hilarious. If it keeps this pace I’ll be tuning in every week.

I kind of wish they had kept Darlene and David married and happy. But I guess that's not possible with TBBT.

The final season with Dan and David is so reminiscent of the days of old.

Great show!

I refuse to watch, but heard from a few co-workers it was not good. I give it this season, without Roseanne it will flop..IMHO

Why would you refuse to watch it?

I watched again last nite, for the last time. I do not really care for Roseanne, but the show was based around her. She pretty much 'made' the show for me. Without her, it's just blah. I never realized what a bad actress "Becky" was until last nite. Blue was terrible,I just can't stand Juliette Lewis in any way shape or form, lol. David and Darlene belong together. And where was Jackie this episode-last week she was in almost every scene, this week MIA. The show is just not the same for me , and I have removed it from my Tivo series list.

I kind of wish they had kept Darlene and David married and happy. But I guess that's not possible with TBBT.

The final season with Dan and David is so reminiscent of the days of old.

Great show!

Why would you refuse to watch it?

Most people I've heard that "refuse" to watch strangely feel persecuted that a celebrity was fired for racist comments. I know at my job, I'd be fired if I said what Roseanne said, so I don't get it.

I was reading a newspaper article (I think it was the LA Times) about the Conners where they asked readers whether they liked the show. A large percentage of the readers who said it was awful never actually watched the show. How can you know something is awful if you don't try it?

Sorry

I don't think she's a racist. She's complex, brilliant and probably a little mentally ill. There have been stars that have said far worth things and are still on the air. We all know why they went after her....that's all I'm going to say on that matter. I personally hope the show is cancelled ASAP.
At least twice she has talked about African American women as apes on twitter. Nuff Said. "susan rice is a man with big swinging ape b#lls."

She has received just as many passes as any other bad behaving actor. She just likes to push it and she finally got called on it.

Sorry

At least twice she has talked about African American women as apes on twitter. Nuff Said. "susan rice is a man with big swinging ape b#lls."

She has received just as many passes as any other bad behaving actor. She just likes to push it and she finally got called on it.
I've heard comedians say lots of bad things. Hollywood is pretty selective on who they want to ostracize. I think most people know why. I'm not saying she shouldn't have been fired, but I've read way worse stuff then that on twitter. I'm not sure if firing people over comments they make on a social media platform is the way we should be going, but we seem to going down that road.

I've heard comedians say lots of bad things. Hollywood is pretty selective on who they want to ostracize. I think most people know why. I'm not saying she shouldn't have been fired, but I've read way worse stuff then that on twitter. I'm not sure if firing people over comments they make on a social media platform is the way we should be going, but we seem to going down that road.
Who are you comparing her to?
She has had years of privilege to say anything, and has always gotten a pass. She said the above quote about Susan Rice and was STILL rewarded with a show on ABC. Plus if this was about her politics, they wouldn't have given her the reboot to begin with. From what it sounds like they had a behavior clause and they rightly acted on it. She is not a victim of anything.

Who are you comparing her to?
She has had years of privilege to say anything, and has always gotten a pass. She said the above quote about Susan Rice and was STILL rewarded with a show on ABC. Plus if this was about her politics, they wouldn't have given her the reboot to begin with. From what it sounds like they had a behavior clause and they rightly acted on it. She is not a victim of anything.
Samantha B. is one that comes to mind.

Thats not a good comparison. Samantha B and Roseanne BOTh say mean outlandish things. They both got the same pass. Roseanne has a never ending list of saying some pretty horrifying things. She was fired for saying something disgustingly racist. But as it stands they were both given the same exact pass to say mean things.

I think it is important to separate the person from their act. Roseanne wasn't doing a show or skit when she said those things, she was being herself. I'm not one to automatically assume one should be fired for something they did on their own personal time, but this is the time we live in now. We are able to always be "out there" and when you put yourself out there online and show who you are then you have to be prepared for your employer (or even your family and friends) to want to sever ties with you. In this case the people paying Roseanne decided they didn't want someone like her in their employ. Whether you agree with their decision or not it doesn't matter, they get to decide what works for them.
I'm not too familiar with Samantha B, but look at what happened to Kathy Griffin. (I mean if we want to talk about sides). She was fired from various appearances after her disgusting display.

That's the only time I've heard of her getting in trouble and her comment wasn't racist.

As for Kathy Griffin, she's always been no hold barred on everyone. If anything, I think she should have never apologized. Especially given how often we've seen her "victim" target people and tweet awful things.

That's the only time I've heard of her getting in trouble and her comment wasn't racist.

As for Kathy Griffin, she's always been no hold barred on everyone. If anything, I think she should have never apologized. Especially given how often we've seen her "victim" target people and tweet awful things.

Roseanne has always been too.
I guess I'm just more of a two wrongs don't make a right kind of person. I don't care who you are, I don't think that just because someone else may do the same, or worse in your mind, that what you are doing is justified. YMMV.

Roseanne has always been too.
I guess I'm just more of a two wrongs don't make a right kind of person. I don't care who you are, I don't think that just because someone else may do the same, or worse in your mind, that what you are doing is justified. YMMV.

Actually, even though KG makes fun of everyone...it's never about their race. Big difference. Aaaand Roseanne's comment about Valerie Jarrett wasn't funny; just mean and hateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter