The cheering up thread

I am in a sour mood today :sad:Listening to upbeat music is helpful as is chatting with a couple close friends. When all else fails I look at the reels on Instagram and they are always good for a laugh, especially the animal videos.
I hope your mood improves into a positive one. :-)
What’s wrong, Buzz?
When I'm down I like to listen to music, especially songs that remind me of better times. I hope your mood is okay, Buzz.
I’m just a little sad that I got rejected from some jobs I applied for that I really wanted. I’m grateful that I have my current position but I was hoping to move on to a better one that suits my career goals. I’ll feel better soon, once the disappointment passes. I just wish the economy was better. :-)🤷‍♂️

I am bummed that yes another thread on the WDW vs FL lawsuit was shut down!! I had not finished reading thru all the posts I missed from this past weekend while I was in Disneyworld!! Cheers to all :goofy:

I’m just a little sad that I got rejected from some jobs I applied for that I really wanted. I’m grateful that I have my current position but I was hoping to move on to a better one that suits my career goals. I’ll feel better soon, once the disappointment passes. I just wish the economy was better. :-)🤷‍♂️
Remember that when one door closes, another opens. Down the road there may be a better job for you, one where you’ll meet your mate or a best friend, etc. Trust in the universe, and don’t give up. We’re here for ya.

I have been looking for work for two years, and I don’t have a current position. It is really discouraging sometimes. I have been trying not to take the rejections personally, but it’s not always easy. It really hurts when the job is a perfect fit for my skills. I hope you are successful in your search soon.

As to how I cheer myself up, I usually put on a favorite movie, grab some comfort snacks, and by the time the movie is done, I am feeling better.

Last edited:

Thank you Buzz, I am just tired is all. I got a good night's sleep and feel much better today :-)

It is a tough time to be looking for a job right now. It seems that the people who want to work can not find it and the companies who need labor are unable to find it. Something will come along and it will be exactly what you are meant to have found:flower:

The least effective way to get a job is to apply for a job.

The most effective way to get a job is networking -- talking with people you know, people you have worked with before, recruiters, people in companies you'd like to work for, etc.

The least effective way to get a job is to apply for a job.

The most effective way to get a job is networking -- talking with people you know, people you have worked with before, recruiters, people in companies you'd like to work for, etc.
I try to do that as much as I can.

Doing something nice for another person generally improves my mood. If I'm out & see something obviously out of whack I'll set it right. If I'm at a store I'll ask the cashier to recommend their favorite candy from the display and get them one. If I'm at an Aldi I'll leave a quarter in the cart. Fill a birdbath, give a plant a drink of water, you get the idea. It makes me feel powerful to push a positive ripple out into the world in spite of the negativity I may be dealing with, it works for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter