"The British Invasion" is going home!

Disbug

DIS Veteran
For those of you who love "The British Invasion" in England over at EPCOT... it looks like April 30th will be their last performance unless something changes between now and then... I am just back from my solo trip. This is a little sad since it was really nice to be able to re-live the days when the Beatles were so popular. I don't have any idea if Disney Entertainment will change their minds or if they have another musical group in mind for England.

So if you are going this winter or spring... be sure to stop over and give them your best!::yes::

Oh I think that this is a real shame. I always got my nostalgia kick there.:( :( :(

I don't know if this is the case here, but lately WDW has been waiting until near the end of the contract to re-sign the groups in Epcot. Among them, Off-Kilter (Canadian) and Vibe (American Pavilion)

Ed

Last Monday when we were at Epcot, we noticed that at each performance there were 2, and a couple times 3 WDW staff members, clipboards in hand, watching the performances. We first noticed them in Japan, watching the artist that makes candy animals. They were watching from the balcony above. From my observation they were move interested in the crowd and the crowds' reaction then the artists' performance. During the rest of the afternoon we saw them at every performance. They did enjoy the performances too, they loved the street comedians!

Then on Tuesday, at MK as we were waiting to watch the parade we noticed a cast member with a hand held counter attempting to count the all the parade observers.

I hope they don't change any of the acts.... I love them all!

I hope they stay! I really enjoy their show.

Oh no! Say it isn't so! My mom loves the Beatles and didn't get a chance to see them when they came to the U.S. She is looking forward to seeing the British Invasion at Epcot and will be disappointed if they are not there. We will be there the last week in April so as long as they stay on until the 30th, she should get a chance to see them. Here's hoping..... it's mom's first trip to WDW.

No, say it ain't so!!! I love British Invasion and I wanted my dad to see them when we go in October. Hopefully some Pixie Dust gets sprinkled in the right places and they continue on at Epcot

That's pretty poor planning considering this is the 40th anniversary of the Beatles in the U.S. Seems like interest would be pretty high right now. There are other Beatles soundalike bands(even better ones). I wonder if this is a cost-cutting measure?

Thanks for the warning!!

I'll be sure to see them in March.

Actually these guys are some of the highest paid entertainers on Disney Property, so I hope that it isn't just down to cost cutting.:( :( :(

But it wouldn't surprise if it was cost cutting, course WDw broke attendeance records in Dedcember. Go figure... :rolleyes:

jaysue, glad to see a post! despite you being in the middle of your vacation extravaganza! Hope you're having fun!!!

Oh bummer - this is one of my favorite things to do every trip!

I did hear last Sept that their contract was up, but I thought they said it was up last fall???

Just curious where you heard this?

OH NO.........We love the British Invasion and look forward to their performances every time we go. We can spend an afternoon going between Off Kilter and British Invasion. Is there anything we could do to keep them? Where can we write??

Originally posted by tinkerb
Last Monday when we were at Epcot, we noticed that at each performance there were 2, and a couple times 3 WDW staff members, clipboards in hand, watching the performances. We first noticed them in Japan, watching the artist that makes candy animals. They were watching from the balcony above. From my observation they were move interested in the crowd and the crowds' reaction then the artists' performance. During the rest of the afternoon we saw them at every performance. They did enjoy the performances too, they loved the street comedians!

Then on Tuesday, at MK as we were waiting to watch the parade we noticed a cast member with a hand held counter attempting to count the all the parade observers.

I hope they don't change any of the acts.... I love them all!

We must've been there at the same time last Monday. I saw them taking notes & etc. too during an Off Kilter performance. They did seem to be watching the crowds reactions rather than the band themselves.

I am not the only one who is concerned! I have not heard if there are plans to replace them with someone in the same genre (re Beatles) or if this is just another contract negotiation ploy.... I would think WDW Entertainment would be the Dept to implore!

The CMs with the clipboards and counters were just getting viewership information (the shows at DAK and MGM have turnstiles to get that info, but many of the shows at Epcot and MK do not) The purpose of these measurements is to see if performances need to be added, times need to change, or if another location (with more traffic) would be appropriate. The CMs performing the measurements were being coordinated by industrial engineering, the same folks who do the surveys at the park exits. That situation has absolutely nothing to do with any performer contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter