The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a rough idea of the percentage of standard club level rooms that have water views? Just trying to decide if it worth upgrading to Deluxe to guarantee a water view, versus just requesting a water view for a standard club room.

If only a very small percentage of standard rooms have water views, I'd upgrade. If a fair proportion of them do, I won't. I don't really need the extra space of the Deluxe - it is just about the view.

Thanks.

If you want a guaranteed boardwalk view deffinitely go for the deluxe room - I've been fortunate to stay at the BWI in 2 different boardwalk view rooms, the latest was literally opposite the lounge, a great location! In the scheme of things however the boardwalk view standard CL rooms are few in number, I believe only about 7 (?) but hopefully one of the BWI regulars can say for certain. :goodvibes

Does anyone have a rough idea of the percentage of standard club level rooms that have water views? Just trying to decide if it worth upgrading to Deluxe to guarantee a water view, versus just requesting a water view for a standard club room.

If only a very small percentage of standard rooms have water views, I'd upgrade. If a fair proportion of them do, I won't. I don't really need the extra space of the Deluxe - it is just about the view.

Thanks.

That view is extremely important to me, so I like to get the deluxe room. However, last trip I gave my family the deluxe room and took the standard club room....ended up loving the view at night, with the tops of EPCOT and the higher fireworks of Illuminations.

Thanks.

It is less than 50% for sure of standard rooms that have BW view. The deluxe rooms are BW view and there are a few suites (well at least on HUGE one) with BW view which would leave less room on the BW view side for standard rooms.

Some of the Deluxe rooms are on the 3rd floor vs. 4th floor were the lounge is.

The standard rooms overlook the Garden suites and offer a view of Illuminations. You cannot see Illuminations from the Deluxe rooms but you can see it from the balcony at the lounge.

I have tried reading this whole thread and gave up exhausted:)

I am going to BWI for our 25th wedding anniversary, mid September. My DW was asking if anyone knows if there are King bedrooms in standard, and
if so, does anyone know what rooms they are and what view:banana:

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated :yay:

BINGSINGSWALTDISNEY-There are king rooms available in a standard room which we always request. We had king rooms facing the boardwalk side as well as the Garden side. I am sorry I cannot remember the room numbers but we usually stay club level. The times we have stayed in a non-club room, they have faced the quiet pool and the gardens.

I have tried reading this whole thread and gave up exhausted:)

I am going to BWI for our 25th wedding anniversary, mid September. My DW was asking if anyone knows if there are King bedrooms in standard, and
if so, does anyone know what rooms they are and what view:banana:

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated :yay:

We are going to BWI for our 10th anniversary in mid-sept too! My wife is the same way - wants a king bed more than anything. We're in a standard room and have made the request, and I'm really curious as to what the chances are we'll get it.

For those wondering how my very 1st stay at the Boardwalk is I have one word to sum it all up, spectacular. From the moment we arrived it was great. Just after checked into room #3229 Jennifer from the Innkeeper's Club arrived with our folder of information and we did the check-in right in our room. After that it was time to visit the lounge where we meet JJ who happens to be a fellow Canadian from Montreal and he was simply amazing. One night we were speaking to him about their Presidental Suite and as a surprise he gave us a tour of it because it happened to be empty and words can not describe how beautiful it was. As for our room we loved it from the moment we walked in and the view of the Boardwalk was great to have and for the record our room was right over the Boardwalk Bakery. Besides that all the reports off all the other Innkeeper's Club Cast Members being among the best is all true. Basically the Boardwalk was much better then we expected and has become my #2 favorite resort behind the Contemporary, although part of me has it tied for 1st.

Reading this thread has made me yearn for the BWI again....I am currently booked for Feb 5-10 at the Beach Club Garden View Club Level room. Headed to the World with my 14 yo son. The pool at SAB was the most deciding factor for booking there...and the proximity to Epcot/DHS two of our favourite parks. The BWI keeps calling my name though....especially the Deluxe Club room/and the rave reviews of the InnKeepers club! I think that the Kiester slide at the pool looks like sooooo much fun too, I love the carnival/boardwalk type theme as I have a soft spot for old-style sea-side carnie feel!
Does the Club Level serve Oatmeal for breakfast??? That is my #1 requirement for breakfast food! Oatmeal with all the fixings! Also where the appetizer/evening snacks yummy??? I like the review of the appy's for BC...I am not overly adventurous (the AKL club level was great, but evening appy's where a bit too adventerous for me!)
So.....I have a hard decison.....stay with Beach Club CL (I've never been there before, this is a first visit for Epcot resorts) or Jump in and book Deluxe BWI?? What to do? , What to do?? :confused: The decison is so very hard!!!
PS.....to upgrade to BWI Deluxe is approx $200 more than I am currently booked at Beach Club for.
Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated: Pros/cons for both as I will weigh seriously all answers.
TIA :goodvibes

For those wondering how my very 1st stay at the Boardwalk is I have one word to sum it all up, spectacular. From the moment we arrived it was great. Just after checked into room #3229 Jennifer from the Innkeeper's Club arrived with our folder of information and we did the check-in right in our room. After that it was time to visit the lounge where we meet JJ who happens to be a fellow Canadian from Montreal and he was simply amazing. One night we were speaking to him about their Presidental Suite and as a surprise he gave us a tour of it because it happened to be empty and words can not describe how beautiful it was. As for our room we loved it from the moment we walked in and the view of the Boardwalk was great to have and for the record our room was right over the Boardwalk Bakery. Besides that all the reports off all the other Innkeeper's Club Cast Members being among the best is all true. Basically the Boardwalk was much better then we expected and has become my #2 favorite resort behind the Contemporary, although part of me has it tied for 1st.

That is so awesome!! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing your experience.

So glad you had a great time!:thumbsup2

Just booked a deluxe CL room. :woohoo: I am really getting excited to stay here again after reading all these great reviews. I only stayed at the BWI once in 95 or 97 in a standard room, so this will be like staying in a new resort.

Do all the deluxe CL rooms face the boardwalk? How far are they from the lounge? Do they serve breakfast items from the Boardwalk Bakery? Oh and the most important thing, do they have good coffee? :lmao: I will not stay CL again at the Poly until they upgrade that coffee machine. :eek:

Maxie86-Congrats! Yes all of the deluxe rooms have a Boardwalk view. Some of the rooms are on the third floor so if you want to be on the 4th floor where the lounge is request the 4th floor. The 3rd floor rooms do have larger balconies and some enjoy that. We love our Boardwalk view. It can't be beat!:cloud9:

There are two BWI resort threads, I am getting confused. :confused3

Thanks sfbank. I am looking forward to staying at the BWI again. I love being able to walk out of Epcot after Illuminations.

Just booked a deluxe CL room. :woohoo: I am really getting excited to stay here again after reading all these great reviews. I only stayed at the BWI once in 95 or 97 in a standard room, so this will be like staying in a new resort.

Do all the deluxe CL rooms face the boardwalk? How far are they from the lounge? Do they serve breakfast items from the Boardwalk Bakery? Oh and the most important thing, do they have good coffee? :lmao: I will not stay CL again at the Poly until they upgrade that coffee machine. :eek:
I just wanted to say if you get a room on the 3rd floor it will be close to the stairs that go up to the 4th floor and into lounge. We were just in room #3229 and it was a very quick walk to the stairs.

I just wanted to say if you get a room on the 3rd floor it will be close to the stairs that go up to the 4th floor and into lounge. We were just in room #3229 and it was a very quick walk to the stairs.

Thank you. If it is easy to get to the lounge from the 3rd floor than it really won't matter what floor we are on. We stayed two nights AKL CL in April and there was no easy way to get to the lounge.

well i just booked Dec 11 -15 @BWI standard room

what should we expect as far as the room/view?
also is there any standard that look at the actual BW?

nick

There are two BWI resort threads, I am getting confused. :confused3

Thanks sfbank. I am looking forward to staying at the BWI again. I love being able to walk out of Epcot after Illuminations.

Hi Maxie!!! I am looking to my very first stay at the BWI!!! with you!!! :thumbsup2

Sounds like we will be enjoying lots of fun Epcot time! :dance3:

Hello all-

Sorry if this has been asked before (and I'm sure it has)

DH and I are booked Dec 4-9 BWI Water View. This is our very first BWI stay! :cool1:

We have been getting conflicting info. One person at Disney Reservations said we'd have a view of the pool :-)confused3 I guess that could be a water view) and then when DH called back a completely different CM told him it was a view of Crescent Lake.

Does anyone here officially know the answer? DH and I didn't book a water view to overlook a pool!

EDIT: I just reviewed our reservation. It says "Disney's Boardwalk Inn Water View (IC)"
Anyone know what the IC means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter