The big "no buy in July" thread!

thebigkahuna

DIS Veteran
I didn't see a thread for July, and I failed in June, so I'm getting this party started!!
:cheer2:
The rules are simple, you set the rules. The beauty of "no buy" or "no $pend" is that it's on your terms! Record your monthly budget and subtract your expenses, or post what you are spending daily, or just record your "no $pend" days! How may days is also up to you, doesn't matter if its 2 or 20!
I like that it helps me see where my budget "leaks" are, and I love how supportive everyone here is!

Personally, I want 12 no spend days and I want to save some extra for my emergency fund. (my Disney Bucket could use a few bucks too!)

No $pend days: 0 / 12
Added to Emergency fund: $_____.___

Lets do it Disers!!!

(Hope its ok that I started this, I know I'm still a new-bie)

I quit my main job a couple of days ago, so now seems like a great time to join in on this! I'm leaving out the regular bills (electric, mortgage, cable/internet) and focusing on what goes onto my credit card. I know I'm going to get dinged for gas (not much I can do on that point though I should be driving less since I don't have to get to work every day anymore) but I should be able to keep the other expenses down.

We're holding a BBQ on 4th of July which may throw me off a little, but I've already bought a lot of supplies for that, so it shouldn't be too bad.

My husband and I doing FPU through our church right now, so this will be a good accountabilty form for us!

Count us in! :)

I'm in! I think I'll be posting the three general budget categories that I tend to overspend on.

Groceries: $400
Dining Out: $100
Other/household: $100

I'm in too. Will try for 15 no spend days this month. As I'm on my way to Staples for printer cartridges (need to print resumes :sad1:) for today I'll be 0/15.

I'm in. We have really overspent the first half of this year, and we're endangering our trip if we don't settle down. No buy July for us!

VP

Woo hoo!
glad to see so many in on the "no buy July" :) :thumbsup2

I know I need to get my act together if I want to go away this fall. (I can't believe its July already!) And I'm hoping to be a little more diciplined this month. ( and no more budget busters please! I had enough of those in June!)

I'm in this month again. We have a lot of big expenses this month (two vacations and a few concerts) so I am going to try and save as much as I can on daily spending again.

July Budget:

Grocery- $200
Household- $50
Car/Gas- $50
Eating out/ Entertaiment- $50
Misc- $50

Total- $400

Goal of 10 no buy days

I'm joining in this month. I'm only going to record my no-buy days. My goal is 15 no buy days.

No-buy days 0/15

I'm joining this month. I would like 20 no buy days. Won't include regular grocery days but will include extra grocery days. Am shooting for 20 since the stores aren't open here on sundays and saying 15 would give me 4 right off the bat :)

No buy days 0/20

Lara

Joining in! Hoping for 12 no-buy days this month, and that includes a short vacation and getting all my kids' uniform shirts embroidered in there, so I'll have to be careful the rest of the month to make up for it!

NO MORE Dunkin or Starbucks coffee! That's my goal. I figure I can save at least 40.00.

NO MORE Dunkin or Starbucks coffee! That's my goal. I figure I can save at least 40.00.

I hear you! Before I started on the no buy threads, I was doing coffee runs several times a week! It was out of hand - when I started recording my spending, I realised it was an easy place to cut back & save some money - money for the Disney Bucket!

I'm in, but I'm looking at a tricky month with both kids coming for a visit and 3 days in Orlando with a Harry Potter day (hotel already paid for). I'm going to take it easy on myself this month. Shooting for 8 no buy days, and I am going to keep my grocery budget at $200. Should be easy to make since I will be forced to eat out for a few of the days.

I track 0 spend days, total discretionary spending, grocery budget and coupon/sale savings.

Running Total: Spent 0
$1150 budget...1150 left
$0 Days: 1
Goal is 8 or more!
coupon savings $0

Groceries budget- $200

July 1 0

With school out I'm going to try to do better of keeping track.
10 no buy days. and $350 in groceries.

Okay, I have to know how you guys get away with your monthly grocery bills so low! We spent a minimum of $150 a week for a family of 5. (One infant included in that.) We use only organic milk, and buy a ton of fresh produce. Not too many convenience foods, but I don't feel that I'm a fancy cook by any means. I kind of think our eating is way boring, frankly!

How do you do it???

VP

I would love to jump in on this. I saw the June thread for the first time on Mon so I decided to play along since then. Of those 3 days, I managed 2 no spend days!! It's all so simple once you really start THINKING about what you really need to spend on.

So for July, I want 12 no spend days. We are going on vacation at the end July but to my BIL's mountain cabin so we should be able to keep spending in check there.

My goal is to keep grocery, gas, misc spending to $900 for the month. I have already cut out DD and Starbucks trips, we all but eliminated fast food and take out, and I am vowing to clip coupons and bargain shop for groceries. though I am interested in how people spend so little on groceries!!

Good luck everyone!!!

This is my first post on the dis and I can't think of a better one. July is going to be VERY tight for us so hoping to reign it in. I am shooting for 15 no buy days.

Groceries- $300
Household-$100
Eating out- $50

Hoping to stick to this although my birthday is this month and I have promised my 7 year old we would take at least one "field trip" every week. Thank God for free days at the museums!

Well, made a run into town today for pet turtle food.

Groceries: $400/$0 spent
Dining Out: $100/$0 spent
Other/household: $100/$11.56 spent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter