The Best Laid Plans w/ Pics. . . 2/28 Update, World Showcase & BWV

Thanks to everyone for joining in & the compliments on the boys. I'm a bit partial myself . . .

More is on the way!

ZZUB--I'm honored to have you post here on my report, I've admired several of your reports. We will no longer waste our time or money at the World of Disney--probably not even our time to travel to DTD. The 50s though we will continue to visit. Although I have to say if they take the fried chicken off the menu we won't go back--nothing else looks appetizing to me.

heaven2dc--we'll see how that timing holds out through the rest of the trip ;)

Day 3, Part 1
Changing Resorts: POR to BWV
Sunday, January 20

This morning we were going to sleep in since we were moving to the Boardwalk. I can’t sleep in at Disney. Just not possible. So, I got up & walked around POR by myself on a photo tour. I think this is probably our favorite moderate, but now that we’ve stayed at a Deluxe & DVC I’m not sure that we enjoyed it all that much. The landscaping & architecture is beautiful, but it is large, spread out & crowded. This morning when I went into the entrance lobby area it was absolutely filled & I mean PACKED with Brazilian tour groups. & this was at 8:30ish in the morning. I don’t know if they were leaving & waiting on ME or what, but after our horrific night last night waiting on the bus & seeing this I was glad to be changing resorts. Here are some of my pictures:

January202008027.jpg

January202008009-1.jpg

January202008004-2.jpg

January202008016-1.jpg

January202008017-1.jpg

After meeting the boys back in the room we were ready to go. I took a few of the obligatory pictures. On our first trip as a family in 2004 we had also stayed at Acadian House & I took a picture of Figment with the fountain on our way leaving the resort, so I wanted one of Stitch with it since he is the same age Figment was.

January202008007-1.jpg

January202008004-1.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

We arrived at the Boardwalk at 9:20. As expected, our villa wasn’t ready, so we grabbed our park stuff & headed to Epcot—can I just say how much I love walking to Epcot & entering through the IG??? It is like my own private, VIP entrance (& exit).

January202008010.jpg

January202008012.jpg

January202008014.jpg

January202008015.jpg

January202008018.jpg

It was a bit chilly today, but the sun was shining—FINALLY!

Day 3, Part 2
Epcot, Mostly World Showcase
Sunday, January 20, 2008

So, we made our way from the Boardwalk through our “private” entrance to Epcot. We were running ahead of schedule. I had only planned to do World Showcase today since I didn’t know how long it would take to get up, move, check-in & if our room happened to be ready to move in.

I sent DH to try to secure FP for Soarin’ He met us at the appointed location empty handed saying people were backed up all the way to the staircase to get a fastpass ??? I don’t know if there was a problem with the machines or what. Instead we grabbed FP for Test Track. Everyone wanted to try Spaceship Earth again, but the posted wait was 45 minutes. NO WAY!

We strolled through Innoventions & tried to break the TV, along with other things. The plastic exhibit line to race & then make a take home robot was too long.

Next stop—MouseGears. My new favorite store. I “had” to make those purchases I couldn’t find at DTD. I got the boys 2008 t’s, a Cinderella Castle jibbitz for my crocs, a couple of magnets . . . I think that’s about it for this trip (although I spent enough to buy the 4 park lithographs for $10).

Now the World Showcase was open so we headed to Mexico to find Donald. I just love the way those water rides smell at Disney. It was walk on, and the boys enjoyed the ride,. We started some KidCot masks—something they’ve never wanted to do before, but were into this time.

January202008024.jpg

Picture of me taking this picture:
January20212008002.jpg

Afterward we met Mexican Donald himself! Too bad the other caballeros weren’t with him. Figment decided he wanted to purchase a Mexican Donald “guy” as one of his souvenirs, so we did.

image0161.jpg

January202008043.jpg

Then we took on the Maelstrom. Another walk on. Fun ride, I like the polar bears & puffins & the rough seas. I also like the little seaside village after the ride, but I don’t like arriving there just after the movie begins & having to wait. So, we found a bench & listened in on some family’s Norwegian conversation from inside the house. & we worked on our masks.

January202008034.jpg

January202008039.jpg

We went back into Future World to ride Test Track & find some hidden Mickeys.

January202008048.jpg

January202008052.jpg

What’s that I hear? It must be my stomach growling—lunch time!!

I stopped at the refreshment port to get Stitch some nuggets & fries.

On our trip around the world we met these guys:

image0182.jpg

Then we headed into France to get our lunch at the bakery. The area was packed & there were no tables inside or out. Since Stitch had a tray we sat on the ground near the entrance to the Bistro—classy, huh? DH went inside to get our food. Figment & I shared a Ham & Cheese Croissant, but alas! they did not have my peach tart! So, DH got an elephant ear (not good) & an apple turnover (good, but not my peach tart) to substitute.

January202008062.jpg

January202008063.jpg

January202008066.jpg

January202008067.jpg

Wonderful report!!! I LOVE the pictures!! I liked the picture of you and your DH on your honeymoon. Your family is gorgeous...oh my WORD that red haired boy of yours...he'd be a favorite in my family!!! What a doll!!

You met some great characters!!! Especially Donald in his Mexico gear!!!

Can't wait to read more!!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Wonderful report!!! I LOVE the pictures!! I liked the picture of you and your DH on your honeymoon. Your family is gorgeous...oh my WORD that red haired boy of yours...he'd be a favorite in my family!!! What a doll!!

You met some great characters!!! Especially Donald in his Mexico gear!!!

Can't wait to read more!!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you! Figment & his red hair do get a lot of attention :goodvibes I've been enjoying your report alot--I actually thought about you during our trip, but you'll have to wait until our last day to find out why. ;)

Day 3, Part2a
More World Showcase
Sunday, January 20, 2008

As we were waiting on lunch I called & found out that our villa was ready. It was a pleasant day, so rather than heading back over right then we continued through World Showcase completing masks, catching a few characters & soaking up the atmosphere. I love World Showcase, but this was a tough day on my feet! Unfortunately we didn’t have time to catch much of the entertainment except a fleeting glimpse of the Chinese acrobats & a bit of the show in Italy while we did masks.

January202008074.jpg

We met Aladdin:

image0193.jpg

We posed for a picture in Canada:

January202008077.jpg

We met Mary Poppins in the UK toy store. We were really hoping to find Rabbit from Winnie-The-Pooh since he is “rare,” but only Pooh, Tigger & Eeyore were there that day.

January202008084.jpg

Then we headed back through the IG to Boardwalk & moved in to our room #3129. VERY far away from the elevator—I think there were only 3 more rooms past ours, and a standard view. We rented points & I was glad to have the savings of the standard view. We could see the parking lot, a small pond, Tower of Terror on one side, Japan & American pavilions on the other. Our location was very convenient to a staircase to lead outside to the bus stop (very close), and another leading out the other way to the MGM pathway. It just took us a while to get to Epcot, & was a bit far from the main pool. Can I just say how much I love DVC accommodations? The space, the tub & shower, the washing machine, the refrigerator & freezer, the microwave!

Here are some pictures of the room & view before it was trashed:

January202008085-1.jpg

January202008087.jpg

January202008089.jpg

January202008090.jpg

January202008091.jpg

January202008096.jpg

January202008098.jpg

Up next, What are we going to do tonight???

Boardwalk is my absolute favorite. I keep telling my husband when we grow up we are going to buy into that place!!

We rented points too. Were you as scared as I was to do this? I worried right up until I got my check-in paperwork!

It's so nice to know there are still honest people in the world!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter