The Baths on your own

ashleyasiegel

Mouseketeer
Hello!
We are sailing in April for the first time and looking at doing the Baths/tour to the virgin gorda on our own since the excursions were sold out. Has anyone done this on their own? I found Speedys ferry schedule that look like it leave Tortola at 7:45am and then not again until 9:40. Is it even possible to catch the 7:45 ferry if we says port is 7:30am?

Or is there another ferry service?

Any other tips of doing it on your own?

Here’s the link; hope it works for you. This is a topic recently discussed in a couple of threads (I think the DCL excursion fills quickly - and costs more).​

https://www.disboards.com/threads/summary-touring-the-baths-tortola-on-your-own.3740668/

View attachment 738705

The poster gives a really good description of the Adventure. And no, they do not recommend trying for the first ferry unless you are quickly off the ship and a brisk walker. Just starts the day rushed.
Thanks I did see that one when I searched but it was almost 4 years old so was looking to see if there is something more recent. Or if there is another ferry company that leaves in between the 7:45 and 9:40 of Speedys. My paranoid self doesn’t want to take last ferry back to the Ship at 3:30 but if I have to take the 9:40 am there then I will have no choice as the next option doesn’t give us enough time at the baths.

Thanks I did see that one when I searched but it was almost 4 years old so was looking to see if there is something more recent. Or if there is another ferry company that leaves in between the 7:45 and 9:40 of Speedys. My paranoid self doesn’t want to take last ferry back to the Ship at 3:30 but if I have to take the 9:40 am there then I will have no choice as the next option doesn’t give us enough time at the baths.
That was my old thread! From one of the replies down in that thread, someone else said they used Sensation Ferries (instead of Speedys), which had an 8:30 departure. Looking at their webpage, it seems they still do (except on Sundays), so that might be your best bet: https://www.sensationferries.com/ferry-schedules.php

Does anyone know are they close together in the same area? We would like to try and make the 7:45 on Speedy's but if we don't make it is it a close walk to the other ferry to catch the 8:30?

I saw a youtube video where a couple made it to the 7:30 ferry so it is doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter