The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how difficult it is to get a king bed? Is standard view or pool view easier to get a king bed?

Thanks!:)

It's very very very difficult. We've stayed 4 times and never gotten 1. There are very few and a number are reserved for people in wheelchairs. It also seems to be a resort that draws a lot of adults who request kings.

It's very very very difficult. We've stayed 4 times and never gotten 1. There are very few and a number are reserved for people in wheelchairs. It also seems to be a resort that draws a lot of adults who request kings.

Thanks for the info!

I would worry less about the view and more about being higher than ground level. There are rooms literally ON THE SIDEWALK where thousands of people tromp back and forth from the bus stops. I always figured they didn't really put people in those rooms, then I saw pool towels on the patio during one of our stays. :scared1: The one time we had standard view we were on the 4th floor overlooking the taxis. The view wasn't good, but it also wasn't noisy.

Does anyone else have any advice regarding standard room requests? I know nothing is guaranteed but it never hurts to let people know what you are hoping for. We are perfectly content with our room grade and are prepared for the worst but we have been blessed in the past with kind CM's who at least try to help us find a good room so any and all advice is welcome so we will know what to look for when we get there. Thanks to all! :flower3:

Is there a store at Kindani to buy stuff for snacks? How about half/half, miklk, lunch stuffs? Any pics, lists or sites to check this stuff out? Or do I have to trek over to Jambo?
Thanks.:goodvibes

Is there a store at Kindani to buy stuff for snacks? How about half/half, miklk, lunch stuffs? Any pics, lists or sites to check this stuff out? Or do I have to trek over to Jambo?
Thanks.:goodvibes

Yes, right off the lobby. (They carry the same basic stock as at Jambo.)

Good Afternoon everybody! I tried searching through the thread for my question but I couldn't find an answer to what I am needing to ask. My family and I are staying at AKL-Jambo House for the 1st time in August. We have reserved a standard view and know somewhat what to expect. Can you give me a little bit of help as to what to request? We would like something close to the lobby with a decent view (I know I am not getting much with a standard view). What should I request? We are usually WL fans but decided to try something new. Thanks for any and all help. :flower3:

I would suggest asking to be on the Kudu trail. I've only been to AKL once but this is where we stayed. I'd imagine most of the standard view rooms are on the Ostrich and Giraffe trails, since they're at the front of the building and only have one side facing a savannah. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The Zebra trail has one side looking at the pool. The Kudu trail, however, has a savannah on both sides.

We were in a standard view on the Kudu trail. We didn't make any requests. There was some sort of service area right in front of our room but we never saw it being used. Here's our view:

P1000569.jpg

Looking straight -- service area (?)

P1000707.jpg

Looking slightly left

P1000732-1.jpg

Apparently this is how giraffes drink water?

We were incredibly happy with our room; it wasn't too far off the lobby, but we wouldn't have minded if it was far, since the view was more important to us. I'd suggest deciding which is more important to you, and requesting that; then when you check in, see if you can get something more specific.

I would suggest asking to be on the Kudu trail. I've only been to AKL once but this is where we stayed. I'd imagine most of the standard view rooms are on the Ostrich and Giraffe trails, since they're at the front of the building and only have one side facing a savannah. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The Zebra trail has one side looking at the pool. The Kudu trail, however, has a savannah on both sides.

We were in a standard view on the Kudu trail. We didn't make any requests. There was some sort of service area right in front of our room but we never saw it being used. Here's our view:

P1000569.jpg

Looking straight -- service area (?)

This is a people pen used in case of a fire or emergency.

I have a few questions for all you AKL (Kidani) vets...

We are arriving in May and trying to plan a surprise vow renewal for the late afternoon of our first day there. My parents in law are coming with us, and they were not at our wedding because they weren't able to travel at the time due to my DH's little sister who has special needs. It will mean so much to them to see us renew our vows... so here are my questions.

We will need a place (at the very least) to change clothes & freshen up before heading the surprise VR. Since we can't be guaranteed that our room will be ready until 3/4pm....
-is there a public place at Kidani or Jambo that would be suitable to change clothes and freshen up (aka reapply makeup,etc)? I was thinking possibly the fitness center or pool area??
- Any tips on getting early check in granted (other than complete luck)? Is there somewhere we can email/fax the room assigner our request?

Thanks in advance!!

I have a quick question that I'm sure is a snap to answer... I've tried searching the thread for it, but the search tool for INSIDE threads isn't nearly as effective as the forum search tools.

So I apologize in advance because I'm sure all you experts have heard this a million times before. :upsidedow

Is it possible to walk to AKL from AK??

We're having a late breakfast at Boma for my dad's birthday but AK has EMH hours that morning so DH, DD & I would like to go to AK first, then meet the rest of the fam at AKL for breakfast. It would be so nice to be able to just walk there rather than deal with transportation. So is it possible? Will we have problems catching a bus to AKL from AK so early in the morning (i.e. I can't imagine many people wanting to LEAVE the park and go to their resort in the morning).

TIA!

I have a quick question that I'm sure is a snap to answer... I've tried searching the thread for it, but the search tool for INSIDE threads isn't nearly as effective as the forum search tools.

So I apologize in advance because I'm sure all you experts have heard this a million times before. :upsidedow

We're having a late breakfast at Boma for my dad's birthday but AK has EMH hours that morning so DH, DD & I would like to go to AK first, then meet the rest of the fam at AKL for breakfast. It would be so nice to be able to just walk there rather than deal with transportation. So is it possible? Will we have problems catching a bus to AKL from AK so early in the morning (i.e. I can't imagine many people wanting to LEAVE the park and go to their resort in the morning).

TIA!
No, sadly there is no path to/from AKL and AK. You should have no trouble getting back to the AKL at such an "off" hour. It's really just a matter of timing.

TIA!

No sorry - you cannot walk from AKL to AK. I cannot answer the second question, but The busses will be dropping people off - I can't help but think they'd let you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter