The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded the Poly music loop and it's so beautiful! Brings me right back. I'll be playing this in the middle of January when my thermometer is hitting negative 30 and there is 8 feet of snow outside! Aaaaah. Thank you Capt. B!!!

My DS stills loves:ccat::ccat::ccat: the CR Atrium Club the best, but I think I left my heart last week at our Poly LV Club Room! Or more specifically should I say on the beach while watching the Wishes & Hallowishes Fireworks!

Thank you so much Capt. Barbosa! I've been looking for music for our mp3 player for our upcoming trip! :thumbsup2

we requested it for our regular room last time...we like to shower in the afternoons and its nice to have fresh towels for the morning. yes, a sweet luxury. :goodvibes

Do you have to call and request it daily or can you put in a request at the beginning of your stay and it lasts the whole time?

Do you have to call and request it daily or can you put in a request at the beginning of your stay and it lasts the whole time?

We just ask for it at the beginning of our stay. We would sometimes get it, and sometimes not. While I really like it, not having it was not a deal-breaker for us, so I didn't worry about it if they didn't have the time to come and turn down the room.:)

WOW, we are almost at our 250 page max again! The Poly FAQ thread rocks!
I am sure Sea Spray or Canadian Guy will set us up:thumbsup2

How exciting for all of you going soon :banana: We are so busy here in our house that it seems like everytime I think to look at our countdown it is like a week later!

I posted some great Poly pics on my PTR for our last trip. In all honesty, DH and I are toying with possibly going for the holidays in 2010, but I want to get through this trip first....;) We would probably stay at the GF or BC but I am still of the mindset that I can't stray from the Poly yet. We will see when I stay CL at the Poly if that cements the plans!

Today we have our last big family outing of the summer. Six Flags Great America. Everytime I go there, our thrid trip this summer, it makes me appreciate Disney all the more :goodvibes

Aloha to all those going :woohoo:
and coming back :sad1:!

Happy Sunday :dance3:

I am checking in this Friday for our FIRST stay at the Poly. I requested a room in Tokelau or to be closer to the TTC side (I hope that was a good request).

I have a room only reservation due to the fact that my father is on the reservation, but does not need park tickets. I do need to purchase tickets for myself and one child. Can I do that at the resort concierge desk or do I have to walk over to the TTC to do it?

we are leaving for the poly the first week in November!! I have never been to the poly..I am so excited..Does the volcano for the pool light up at night? I having been trying to read all the posts...whew it's taking a while..I have no idea what I am doing at the Poly..is there a certain building that is better than the others I should request? Are there any tips or secrets to the Poly that I should know? Ohhhh I am so excited!Especially seeing all the pictures!!!

Anyone been to the Poly recently? Just wondering what's in the gift shops... Looking for hawaiian style shirts, dresses, anything else interesting. I found some Mickey Mouse hawaiian shirts on disney store and ebay but heard they don't have hawaiian style shirts at the Poly stores with Mickey or other Disney character designs on them....

I am checking in this Friday for our FIRST stay at the Poly. I requested a room in Tokelau or to be closer to the TTC side (I hope that was a good request).

I have a room only reservation due to the fact that my father is on the reservation, but does not need park tickets. I do need to purchase tickets for myself and one child. Can I do that at the resort concierge desk or do I have to walk over to the TTC to do it?

I think Tokelau is great, especially if you want to be close to the TTC and the quiet pool. You can purchase your tickets at the GCH.

we are leaving for the poly the first week in November!! I have never been to the poly..I am so excited..Does the volcano for the pool light up at night? I having been trying to read all the posts...whew it's taking a while..I have no idea what I am doing at the Poly..is there a certain building that is better than the others I should request? Are there any tips or secrets to the Poly that I should know? Ohhhh I am so excited!Especially seeing all the pictures!!!

Welcome! The Poly is a fun place to stay!:cloud9:

The pool is well-lit at night. Make sure you go under the water and listen!;)

Other tips -- take the time to enjoy the Poly. Watch Wishes and the EWP from the beach area by the volcano pool. Catch the torch lighting ceremony in the GCH at least one time on your trip -- it's free, not a big time commitment, and lots of fun!:)

you can buy tix at the concierge desk:thumbsup2

Going tomorrow for our 1st stay at the Poly.
I requested Tokelau 3rd floor but if they want to give me Hawaii I'll take it.:rotfl2::rotfl:
I have 2 breakfast ADR's at Kona for the yummy Macadamia Nut Pancakes and other ADR's scattered throughout the parks. We are not on the Dining Plan.
We are Annual Passholders and are taking a more leisurely approach to this vacation.
Thanks to everyone who's posted Trip Reports and advice. I'll be putting it all to good use.
Looks like I'll be coming back to a new thread. Have a great week everyone!!!
ALOHA!!!

Anyone been to the Poly recently? Just wondering what's in the gift shops... Looking for hawaiian style shirts, dresses, anything else interesting. I found some Mickey Mouse hawaiian shirts on disney store and ebay but heard they don't have hawaiian style shirts at the Poly stores with Mickey or other Disney character designs on them....

Yes we were there last month & the BouTiki has Hawaiian stuff. It's not cheap but sometimes they have good sales-they had the small tote bags-nylon material for sale for $2.99 & in MK they were $6!!!

Going tomorrow for our 1st stay at the Poly.
I requested Tokelau 3rd floor but if they want to give me Hawaii I'll take it.:rotfl2::rotfl:
I have 2 breakfast ADR's at Kona for the yummy Macadamia Nut Pancakes and other ADR's scattered throughout the parks. We are not on the Dining Plan.
We are Annual Passholders and are taking a more leisurely approach to this vacation.
Thanks to everyone who's posted Trip Reports and advice. I'll be putting it all to good use.
Looks like I'll be coming back to a new thread. Have a great week everyone!!!
ALOHA!!!

Lucky you!!! Have a wonderful time at WDW and the Poly!!!:banana: Enjoy all the beautiful Halloween decorations, too! :goodvibes Let us know how it went when you get back so we can have a vicarious Poly vacation!;)

WOW, we are almost at our 250 page max again! The Poly FAQ thread rocks!
I am sure Sea Spray or Canadian Guy will set us up:thumbsup2

How exciting for all of you going soon :banana: We are so busy here in our house that it seems like everytime I think to look at our countdown it is like a week later!

I posted some great Poly pics on my PTR for our last trip. In all honesty, DH and I are toying with possibly going for the holidays in 2010, but I want to get through this trip first....;) We would probably stay at the GF or BC but I am still of the mindset that I can't stray from the Poly yet. We will see when I stay CL at the Poly if that cements the plans!

Today we have our last big family outing of the summer. Six Flags Great America. Everytime I go there, our thrid trip this summer, it makes me appreciate Disney all the more :goodvibes

Aloha to all those going :woohoo:
and coming back :sad1:!

Happy Sunday :dance3:

We also live in the western suburbs, however, I know for a fact that 6 Flags is closed for the Health System that I work for this Sunday. Do you work for AMH???

This will be our 2cd trip to the Poly, I am soooo spoiled and do not think it is an option to saty elsewhere. We went the end of last october and it was wonderful. We have only been to disney twice the oct trip and once the first week in June a few years before that. The timing of this trip was kinda decided for us, 3/10-3/18, due to a conference I am attending. What has been everyones experience with mid march, I know its peak. but how peak. Are the parks likely to close?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter