The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at some point after arriving home from WDW we all seem to think like you did. Part of the reason is we spend so much time planning and waiting to go away, because then before you know it your vacation is over and it's time to go home.

here you go cr, this one is from this thursday morning. i hope it helps!
2809eba6.jpg

Thanks, dvczerfs, for the beautiful picture! ....but you're not helping my PDD (Post Disney Depression):laughing:

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I am wondering if the housekeepers will provide more laundry and dish soap if needed? We are staying in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT in August and will have an infant with us, so I anticipate needing to do laundry at least once, but probably more than once. We are using cash, not points, so I believe we'll have daily housekeeping. Thanks in advance!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I am wondering if the housekeepers will provide more laundry and dish soap if needed? We are staying in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT in August and will have an infant with us, so I anticipate needing to do laundry at least once, but probably more than once. We are using cash, not points, so I believe we'll have daily housekeeping. Thanks in advance!

I don't know the answer to your question, but just in case the answer is no, I just wanted to let you know that if you go to Target, you can find individual detergents to bring in the travel section (the area with all the travel sized shampoos, lotions, etc.)

here you go cr, this one is from this thursday morning. i hope it helps!
2809eba6.jpg

Thanks for posting this! We are staying at CR for the first time in July. We have rented one of the cabanas for the afternoon.:goodvibes

If your staying on a regular reservation then yes you will get Housekeeping service for everyday of your stay.

We just got back, and yes, they replenished the laundry detergent if we used it. There was plenty of dish soap and dishwasher detergent so we never needed it replenished. And, yes, you will get daily mousekeeping. If you need extras, I'm sure you could leave a nice note and they will provide what you need. If you want softener, bring your own dryer sheets.

Have fun!

We just got back, and yes, they replenished the laundry detergent if we used it. There was plenty of dish soap and dishwasher detergent so we never needed it replenished. And, yes, you will get daily mousekeeping. If you need extras, I'm sure you could leave a nice note and they will provide what you need. If you want softener, bring your own dryer sheets.

Have fun!

Thank you, I appreciate it! I am really excited about our trip.

ive been a lurker for a couple of weeks now.Since i noticed everyones been so quiet lately i just wanted to say its my first time staying at the Contemporary grounds and im staying in the Garden view area .Im so Excited 14 more days!!:cheer2:

ive been a lurker for a couple of weeks now.Since i noticed everyones been so quiet lately i just wanted to say its my first time staying at the Contemporary grounds and im staying in the Garden view area .Im so Excited 14 more days!!:cheer2:
:welcome: to the DIS, ErikaKeys and the CR thread! We're glad you've come out of lurkdom and made your first post here:thumbsup2

I bet you're excited. I know I am, I'll be back at the CR in 3 weeks. I was last there 6 months ago and I still miss it.

Have you ever stayed at the CR before? Are you in a garden view or standard view room? Did you make any requests?

I hope you have a great vacation and don't be a stranger to the thread:goodvibes

I hope you have a great time and I am wondering the same questions as WDWKOOK already asked you.

Less than 2 months until our 1st stay at BLT! We reserved our room many months ago with a great discount (we're paying cash) and it's hard believe the trip is finally approaching! We have stayed Garden Wing at CR a few years ago so we're somewhat familiar.
A few questions:
Which pool is better? The one at BLT or CR? My kids are very into slides so I'm sure that will matter to them.
We will have a car (for the first time ever!). How far away is the parking lot from BLT? Is it faster to drive to Epcot or take the monorail and deal with changing trains? I know for evening dinners in Epcot we'll probably take the monorail so we don't need a designated driver (we aren't huge drinkers but we don't take any chances!).
I didn't make any room requests but should I? We're staying in a one bedroom with lake view. Are there "bad" views or we will be ok no matter what? We've made several trips to Disney since 2008 and have never had a bad room so I don't necessarily feel the need to make requests.

Thanks!
Amanda

Less than 2 months until our 1st stay at BLT! We reserved our room many months ago with a great discount (we're paying cash) and it's hard believe the trip is finally approaching! We have stayed Garden Wing at CR a few years ago so we're somewhat familiar.
A few questions:
Which pool is better? The one at BLT or CR? My kids are very into slides so I'm sure that will matter to them.
We will have a car (for the first time ever!). How far away is the parking lot from BLT? Is it faster to drive to Epcot or take the monorail and deal with changing trains? I know for evening dinners in Epcot we'll probably take the monorail so we don't need a designated driver (we aren't huge drinkers but we don't take any chances!).
I didn't make any room requests but should I? We're staying in a one bedroom with lake view. Are there "bad" views or we will be ok no matter what? We've made several trips to Disney since 2008 and have never had a bad room so I don't necessarily feel the need to make requests.

Thanks!
Amanda
Since I have only stayed at the Contemporary I only have experience with their pool and I personally like it, so I can't say how the Bay Lake Tower pool is. Although I guess the question is will you feel like walking just a little bit to use the Contemporary pool when you have the Bay Lake Tower pool?

As for parking there are a lot of spaces that are right in front and around Bay Lake Tower, so you won't have to worry about that.

As for going to Epcot driving will be always be faster no matter what, however should you want to take the Resort Monorail it's a quick one stop ride to the TTC and over there you switch to the Epcot Monorail. Actually going back via the Monorail will be longer because when you are back at the TTC and get on the Resort Monorail it will stop at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom before it arrives at the Contemporary.

:welcome: to the DIS, ErikaKeys and the CR thread! We're glad you've come out of lurkdom and made your first post here:thumbsup2

I bet you're excited. I know I am, I'll be back at the CR in 3 weeks. I was last there 6 months ago and I still miss it.

Have you ever stayed at the CR before? Are you in a garden view or standard view room? Did you make any requests?

I hope you have a great vacation and don't be a stranger to the thread:goodvibes

Thank you !! This is my first time staying at the CR and im staying in the standard view room. Also i havent made any request yet but im mainly i choose the CR because of its fast access to most parks i have a 20 month old son so i will need the easy access to and from the resort. I cant wait :banana::banana::banana:

I'll be back at the CR in 3 weeks. I was last there 6 months ago and I still miss it.
Ohhhh....how jealous I am of you!!! :worship: Enjoy your trip!!! ;)
This is my first time staying at the CR and im staying in the standard view room. Also i havent made any request yet but im mainly i choose the CR because of its fast access to most parks i have a 20 month old son so i will need the easy access to and from the resort. I cant wait :banana::banana::banana:

Welcome to the Dis....and welcome to the CR!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! Enjoy!!!:banana:

A few questions:

Thanks!
Amanda

Yay!! :yay: Congrats on getting a room with a great discount!!:cool1: We love the BLT!!
I think both slides are awesome....tho the BLT slide has more twists and turns...we decide which one to go to depending on how busy they look. The CR pool is larger, but the BLT pool has a zero entry. So my opinion? Both are awesome!:thumbsup2

We rely on Disney transportation, so I can't advise whether to take the monorail or drive...I imagine driving would be faster. Also, the parking lot to the BLT is right in front of it, so not a far walk to your car I imagine.

Not sure of the Bay Lake view...we are MK view fans! I'm sure you will enjoy your view!!

Have a great time!!:yay:

woohoo i am under 1 yr left till my trip

if you stay at CR can you use BLT pool?
i wasn't even aware there were 2 till now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter