• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The age old question, When do the resorts start decorating for Christmas?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
So, I have tried to search this information on the web and here as disboards, but only seem to find old information.

We are arriving on the 9th of November (Grand Floridian November, 9th - 11th and Contemporary November 11th - 18th) and staying till the 18th.

Will most of the decorations be up for the monorail resorts? Including, the Wilderness Lodge during this time?

Probably not until the week or so before Thanksgiving. They will start with the MK first since the first Christmas parties will start early in November.

So, I have tried to search this information on the web and here as disboards, but only seem to find old information.

We are arriving on the 9th of November (Grand Floridian November, 9th - 11th and Contemporary November 11th - 18th) and staying till the 18th.

Will most of the decorations be up for the monorail resorts? Including, the Wilderness Lodge during this time?

The age old question still has the same age old answer. The deluxe resorts have a lottery to determine the order they are decorated. WDW does not reveal when this is normal the results. So past dates don't matter. However they will all be completed by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

The parks will be decorated for your trip but you're cutting it close for the resorts.

dansdad, Thanks

That is why I kept reading different answers on different posts. Seems like some resorts were completed by mid-November and then they were not in following years.

dansdad, Thanks

That is why I kept reading different answers on different posts. Seems like some resorts were completed by mid-November and then they were not in following years.

When I went in November of 2015 from Nov 16-20, the parks were decorated but the resorts were not yet. I think they ended up not decorating the Grand Floridian until the day after we left. Not sure about 2016 as i didnt go, but it sure does seem like they keep getting later (we went 18-23 in 2013 and everything was already decorated by the first part of our trip). Long story short, who knows. Basically the parks will be decorated but the resorts probably not until closer to Thanksgiving (as I planning to go in November this year also, I am hoping that it is earlier rather than later also). Does anyone know if they still roast chestnuts on the weekend at the GF? I have always wanted to do that when we go to see the gingerbread house.

dansdad, Thanks

That's partly because Thanksgiving moves around. If you want to see the resort decorations, go Thanksgiving week through New Years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter