The 6 Year Saga of the Cheesecake Brownie *Sept 2016 TR* 10/16 - the Ugly Stepsister Crane

jarofpickles

Earning My Ears

The 6 Year Saga of the Cheesecake Brownie *Sept 2016 TR* Mini trip

Welcome friends! I’m JarOfPickles or Jaci and I got back from Disney about 3 weeks ago! Still riding the wave of sads that I had to leave my happy place, so I decided writing a TR was in order!!!

This was a very quick trip, but it satisfied an itch we both needed to scratch. For me, it was the desire to get away from a hectic stressful season of life just for a few days and celebrate me. For him, it was needing a break from everything WORK related. Its been a really intense spring and summer. We just needed a breather.

The title well... 6 years ago Wes and I went on our honeymoon to WDW where he discovered the cheesecake brownie at the Boardwalk Bakery. Last year we went back to Disney with our kids but didn't make it to the Boardwalk. This year... he was determined.

ABOUT US

I’m Jaci. 28 year old mom of three little boys under 5 and wife to the stud in the next picture. We live in the Dallas area. I’m finishing my bachelor’s degree this year and starting grad school in 2017. When I grow up I want to be a marriage and family therapist. I’ve been to WDW 7 times and DL once. My favorite part of WDW has to be all the little details and noticing something “new” every trip. I love being in the Disney bubble! Favorite Princess is Ariel and Favorite Disney movie is Tangled.

This is Wes. He’s 30 and is our family’s rock. He works super hard in the attractions/event industry here in Dallas. He’s been to WDW 4 times and DL once. He grew up loving the Muppets- The Animal specifically. He’s always willing to watch whatever Disney movies are on repeat at our house too. Lately it’s been Tangled, Monsters Inc., and Big Hero 6.

Theres also these 3 little minions that run amok in our home:

that being said, this adventure excluded them and they stayed home and got spoiled by grammy. They didn’t seem to mind once we brought them some mickey hats home! GROWN UP TIME!

DETAILS
September 19-22, 2016
All Star Music Resort
my 28th birthday (9/20)

Pumped to share our mini adventure with you in the coming posts! Thanks for reading!!

Last edited:
Day 1 - The day creeps on

I woke up on the morning of September 19, after not having slept much at all... and realized 'ITS DISNEY TRAVEL DAY!'. Of course there was SO much to be done and our flight out wasn't until 8:20pm that night. So I hit the ground running with a shower and some coffee... in a Disney mug, duh.

We spent this whole day just checking our bags, reading, snuggling with our kiddos, and making sure everything was in order for my mother in law to keep the boys for a couple days.

I did a little GRE practice (I'm taking the flipping test next week, wish me luck)

braided my son's hair, while Wes heckled me about when we were going to cut it off (NEVER, ok?)

and waited, impatiently. it seemed like this vacation would never arrive.

BUT IT DID! and around dinner time we kissed our little gentlemen goodbye and were off! Not without a couple hiccups of course. We had planned to Uber to the airport since we live very close, but the fare was estimated to be $40. NO. So we drove and dropped our car off at an express lot. It was stressful for a hot minute, but smooth sailing once we got it sorted.

Next up: Did I just see lightning?

Last edited:
We interrupt this boring travel day to insert a post I forgot about....

OUTFITS!

About a year ago, my best friend introduced me to a clothing company called LuLaRoe. Its a direct sales company (I know, wah wah people hate direct sales... I dont want to hear it :headache:), and I fell in LOVE with their clothes:worship:. I'm a plus size lady and I was just tired of all the crappy clothing options we have. Way too much money later (and I enter a lot of contests/buy used to stay in budget), just about most of my closet is lularoe. One of my favorite parts of prepping for this trip was choosing outfits for my trip! I don't sell this stuff by the way (I'm a student, theres no way I have time!!), but my bestie who introduced me sells it as of this week! Her first shipment will be here next week and I'm flying up to philly to help her sort and call dibs on the good stuff. :flower:

Here are the outfits I planned (and eventually switched up several times thanks to the heat). I'll tell you the name of each piece in case you want to go look at sales and stuff (start on fb & just search lularoe, thats where most of the sales are)

EARS

bought both pairs off etsy for less than $10 each!

SHOES

we went with converse and lots of moleskin and gel inserts. We made sure to break them in really good before the trip. Still ended up with a couple blisters

WESLEY'S SHIRTS

Wes got some major shade thrown on him by an older photopass photog for this shirt.... I don't think Walt would approve either but my husband is a grown man and love him some whiskey. who am I to stop on his Malt Whiskey shirt love? :laughing:

next up: outfits part 2

Last edited:
Outfits Part 2

Shirt made for my by a friend, LuLaRoe Lola Skirt

Travel Day Outfit: LuLaRoe Lindsay, Old navy Tee, Cassie Skirt

wes the goob getting in my pictures
Swing dress from Old Navy, was my "backup"

This was to be my returning day outfit
Lularoe Perfect t, Lularoe Cassie

next up: travel day part 2 :daisy:

Did I just see lightning? :scared1:

When we left off, we were getting our car settled in airport parking. We jumped on a bus to the DFW terminal and headed inside to security.

Usually security goes just fine... take off the shoes and belt, yadda yadda. But not this time. :earseek: Wes forgot his work utility knife was in his backpack. DERP.

Once we gifted the TSA his utility knife (good news, my husband is cheap and it wasn't worth $20 mailing home), we walked into the terminal and looked at each other. That's when it sunk it. IT WAS FINALLY HAPPENING. MICKEY TRIP WITH NO KIDS AND LOTS OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. HOLY COW.

marriage high five.

We headed over to TGIFridays to get smashed!

I kid. We each had one beverage. puking and being sloppy isn't my thing. I had a Peach Honey Smash, Wes had a jack and coke. We listened to this adorable couple discussing their retirement travels, ADORABLE. I had a salad, he had a burger... went simple because we knew the Disney gut bomb was coming. Yasssss. :tiptoe:

next we headed to our gate to sit, people watch, drink starbucks, read, watch netflix.

Oh, we people watched. Including trying not to visibly gag because the couple sitting across from us were spending their time popping each others zits.

About 20 minutes before we were set to board, I saw it out of the corner of my eye.

lightning.

Before I could say "did I just see lightning?" there was an announcement that the airport ramps had to close and we would be delaying
departure. Boo! Kind of a bummer since our plane wasn't landing in Orlando until midnight.

But, eventually we got there. The flight was quiet and uneventful thankfully. We napped, I worked on a paper... and finally we landed!

We threw on our magic bands and made our way to the ME terminal. Hooray!

We got on the bus at 1:30am with one other family and were on our way to All Star Music

Did I mention I got the text that our room was ready about 5 hours before we even left for the airport? :cloud9: We bypassed the front desk and headed to our room in Rock Inn.

we unpacked quickly and hit the sack.

Tomorrow... my birthday!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Cinderella Castle and the ugly Stepsister Crane

On September 20, 2016 at 6:55am my eyes shot open and I launched out of bed. It was time to spend my 28th birthday at my beloved Walt Disney World! :dogdance:

tumblr_inline_o1ygjraAGp1ra4k4r_540.gif

I got dressed in my birthday minnie outfit, threw something at Wes so he would roll out of bed and get going... took a selfie because holy cow I felt so cute and special:

We skipped our way over to Intermission Food Court for a hearty breakfast surrounded by 200 of our loudest early bird hotel mates (my kinda people!).

After a delicious and filling breakfast (Bounty Platter and Biscuits & Gravy), we made our way to the bus stop. We made friends with an adorable family and for a minute I had the "missing my kids" pang in my heart. But just a minute. FREEDOM IN THE PARKS without any tiny toddler tyrants is pretty glorious.

Arrival time 8:54. I've still never made a rope drop. ever. #BadDiser :rolleyes1

I walked through, no bags. Wes had to wait in a million person line. Or it just felt like that because the 100 goobers in front of him didn't have their bags open and ready to go when they hit bag check. :scared::crowded:

I was antsy... pacing. Ready to go... Eventually he made it back to me and we skipped our way to the front gate. :wizard:

and thats when we saw it. Cinderella Castle! and the ugly stepsister Crane :rotfl:

I got a bit misty. Even though when I gasped at first sight, Wes made a crane joke. :earboy2:

Next up: where did we go first?

But not this time. :earseek: Wes forgot his work utility knife was in his backpack. DERP.
:headache:

Once we gifted the TSA his utility knife (good news, my husband is cheap and it wasn't worth $20 mailing home)
Well that is something at least.

Oh, we people watched. Including trying not to visibly gag because the couple sitting across from us were spending their time popping each others zits.
:crazy2: why would you do that in public? WHY?!?

Did I mention I got the text that our room was ready about 5 hours before we even left for the airport? :cloud9: We bypassed the front desk and headed to our room in Rock Inn.
Talk about teasing you.

I'm Here! Loving your Disney outfits and your custom ears! Your husband's Malt Whiskey shirt may be one of my favorite "Disney" shirts EVER. I would love to have one to wear in EPCOT...or anywhere!

Your boys are precious...I can't wait to read more!

Joining! We love our boys but we also love our kid-free Disney trips, so yay for you guys for getting away on your own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter