The 2016 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Begins!

Can someone help me remember the phrasing of the last question? The "When you get home.." one. I'm thinking about my answer and now I'm feeling paranoid that I really didn't answer the question correctly!

Nevermind, just saw it quoted above. Would you say lyrics from a Disney song count as a Disney phrase?

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Beauty and the Beast
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Mary Poppins. What can I say, it's practically perfect in every way! Though Star Wars is a close second.
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Nomenclature!) and Finding Dory
4) Favorite Disney song: Home (from Beauty and the Beast on Broadway)
5) Your Disney doppelganger: Belle, I read incessantly!

Okay, I need distraction while we wait to hear about the next round. I mean, didn't the applications close like a month or two ago? Oh wait, nope. It's just been a very long week... So, what should we do? We have the getting to know you stuff going on. So, how's about some speculation?

I'll start off...

What do you think that Disney is going to showing the panelists this year? What is 'the' thing. So in the past, it has been the new parade or the new movie...

My answer: I think that the panelists are going to hear (if not even visit the site) a lot about the new Frozen area at EPCOT. It opens next year and will be a huge draw. Having the panelists up to date on that one is going to be important.

Oh, and one more set of questions for this hour. So, the training is at WDW obviously and the panelists get to do some rather amazing stuff there. But what if you are in another specialty? Say you are a Disney Cruise Line person or a Disneyland person...do you get info about upcoming stuff there to help answer questions?

Just call me Alice...I am very curious.

What do you think that Disney is going to showing the panelists this year? What is 'the' thing. So in the past, it has been the new parade or the new movie....

I suspect they'll be hearing a lot of the word 'Unforgettable' :banana:

I think Disney Springs is scheduled to fully open in 2016, so I would expect to spend a fair amount of time there. Maybe a quick stop in Magic Kingdom to take a look at the new Jungle Skipper Canteen restaurant, which I can't wait to see for myself! Assuming the construction at Wilderness Lodge is planned to finish in 2016 maybe a sneak peek at whatever they have planned there.

As much as I would love to add Pandora - The World of Avatar to this list it isn't scheduled to open till 2017. On the upside if I miss this year I can spend the whole year thinking about how awesome the training trip will be if I make it next year :rotfl2:

So is it bad that I don't even really remember how I answered some of these questions? I really didn't over analyze the questions, I just read them and responded like how I would to anyone who asked me them...

For example, the first question for WDW about the advantages of staying on property. I tried to make a bullet pointed post so I didn't miss any points and I wanted to stay within the word limit. But I'm hoping it didn't come across as "dry".

Ugh this wait is awful!

What do you think that Disney is going to showing the panelists this year?

I think it's going to be a lot of focus on the new "re-branding" they're doing. I also think it's going to highlight the new places opening in Disney Springs. There's really no new hotels to feature, other than the bungalows at Poly. I think that's probably the newest right? And I'm wondering if there will be any insight to the future of DHS! Although, I wonder if anyone really knows where that's going.

Okay, I need distraction while we wait to hear about the next round. I mean, didn't the applications close like a month or two ago? Oh wait, nope. It's just been a very long week... So, what should we do? We have the getting to know you stuff going on. So, how's about some speculation?

I'll start off...

What do you think that Disney is going to showing the panelists this year? What is 'the' thing. So in the past, it has been the new parade or the new movie...

My answer: I think that the panelists are going to hear (if not even visit the site) a lot about the new Frozen area at EPCOT. It opens next year and will be a huge draw. Having the panelists up to date on that one is going to be important.

Maybe they (we--just being hopeful) get to see Finding Dory. That would be awesome sauce!!!

Can I throw out something crazy?
Though I'd love to watch Finding Dory, since it isn't out until June 2016, I'm not sure it'd be complete by December. Star Wars Episode VII opens less than a week after training. The force could be strong with the new panel.

That's exactly what I'm thinking (read:hoping for)!

Can I throw out something crazy?
Though I'd love to watch Finding Dory, since it isn't out until June 2016, I'm not sure it'd be complete by December. Star Wars Episode VII opens less than a week after training. The force could be strong with the new panel.

That would be really awesome.

Hi everyone! This is my THIRD year to apply! I've never made it to round 2!!! Here's hoping the third time is a charm. So happy to have found you all.

First Set of Getting to Know You
1) First name:
Tammy
2) Specialty applied for: WDW
3) Location: AL
4) Kids/Grandkids (nieces/nephews/furbabies/etc.): One son 15
5) Favorite Disney character: Cinderella
6) Favorite Disney ride/attraction: it changes...right now my favorite is...Haunted Mansion
7) Favorite Disney treat: ice cream on Main Street

Second Set
1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Cinderella or Snow White

2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Cinderella
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Star Wars
4) Favorite Disney song: When you wish upon a star
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Cinderella

Hi Everyone,

I applied for the 1st time - I've been to WDW (and DL) probably 25 times in my 30 years and I'm nervous that I won't qualify because I was pregnant last year and was not able to make it to WDW in 2014. Our last trip was September 2013- we went to both WDW and DL in 1 week! It was amazing. Our next trip (with our 1 year old in tow!) will be on Halloween this year. Crossing fingers that I get considered - I am constantly told I should be a Disney travel agent because it is literally all I talk and think about!!

First Set of Getting to Know You
1) First name:
Jenna
2) Specialty applied for: WDW
3) Location: IL
4) Kids/Grandkids (nieces/nephews/furbabies/etc.): One daughter 11 months
5) Favorite Disney character: Olaf
6) Favorite Disney ride/attraction: Soarin'
7) Favorite Disney treat: Lapu Lapu! or a Dole Whip ;)

Second Set
1) Favorite Disney animated movie:
Frozen
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Cinderella
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Inside Out (I haven't seen it yet!!)
4) Favorite Disney song: Let It Go
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Belle

How does the 2nd round work with a video? Can you use your phone to record a video? Because that is pretty much the only recording device I own...

Good luck to all the applicants!!

I applied! I'm not a mom, but I am a preschool teacher...and I have lots of experience with children of all ages! I actually had to apply twice, the first time I was logged in under the wrong e-mail address on My Disney Experience. Oops. So I had to e-mail Disney and let them know about My mistake. But I am SO excited! Good luck to all those applying. I can't wait to read through this thread and hear about everyone's experiences!

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I thought one of the requirements was a trip within the past year? Were you even able to apply without something in that time frame? Curious, because I'm not sure if we're going to go back in the next year and wondering if I'll be able to apply next year with a trip under my belt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter