• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2016 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Begins!

I'm curious, how many of you speak the other languages they asked about? I don't, and I'm thinking that may hurt my chances a little. I've become so obsessed with the idea of being on the panel now that if I don't get through I may start taking French again to prepare for next year. Does that sound crazy?

Just a funny side story (the posting about other languages reminded me of it)...

I went to high school in South Florida, so the majority of my class had been to Walt Disney World. I was in an AP Spanish class, and, with the exception of those who spoke Spanish as their native language, most of us weren't too great speaking it.

So for our final AP exam at the end of the year, we all had to use headphones and a tape recorder. We were asked questions in Spanish and then had to reply in Spanish. Like I warned, the majority of us weren't hitting it out of the ball park during this section.

In the middle of this, one guy in our class just started repeating ''Por favor manténgase alejado de la puertas!'' over and over and over again for all of his answers.

We were all cracking up. A lot of us couldn't understand what they were asking us on the recording, but we all knew exactly what that guy was saying!

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Cinderella
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Maleficent
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Finding Dory
4) Favorite Disney song: Tale As Old As Time
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Mary Poppins (my hubby thinks I'm "Practical Perfect In Every Way"--love that man)

I'm curious, how many of you speak the other languages they asked about? I don't, and I'm thinking that may hurt my chances a little. I've become so obsessed with the idea of being on the panel now that if I don't get through I may start taking French again to prepare for next year. Does that sound crazy?

I speak French and Portuguese. I go back and forth in fluency. I haven't learned how to be fluent in both at the same time This year I have a Brazilian student in my French class. He talks to me in Portuguese and I reply in French. Other years I have put down that I am fluent in both languages, but this year I didn't. I didn't want to worry about getting in on my languages and then flunking out in an interview in either language.

I would love to be a panelist and respond in English, Portuguese or French.

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Beauty & The Beast
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Star Wars
4) Favorite Disney song: Love is an open door
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Belle or Pocahontas :)

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Winnie the Pooh!
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Cinderella (live action)
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Alice - Through the Looking Glass
4) Favorite Disney song: "I'll Try" from Peter Pan 2
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: I'd have to say Anna. She's my costume party go-to anyway.
a2b4td.jpg

Hello everyone this is my first year and I am totally excited to meet other Disney peeps.

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Lilo and Stitch
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Cinderella (live action version)
4) Favorite Disney song: “Poor Unfortunate Souls” — The Little Mermaid
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Snow White

Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in and say hello! I'm a freelance writer from Missouri and this is my first year applying! I have wanted to the last two years and always forgot about it until.it was too late! Aghhhh! This year I rememebred! Woot woot!

We are DVC members and annual pass holders and have 3 kiddos. I have been a DIS member since 2009 but I mainly just lurk here and there. This is one of my favorite places to come and get my Disney Fix! Good luck to all of you and I will probably come out of lurkdom to hang out and "wait" with all you! :D

Hey everyone! This is my first year applying and I was wondering do they have a specific number of spots they take for each specialty? I applied for DLR and there are only 2 people on the current panel in that specialty.

Love the idea of making great friends through this!

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Peter Pan
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Mary Poppins
4) Favorite Disney song: When You Wish Upon a Star
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Wendy

Obviously, I'm a huge Pan fan!

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: The Rescuers or The Little Mermaid
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Mary Poppins
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!!
4) Favorite Disney song: Just Around the River Bend
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Snow White

Howdy everyone!
This is my third year applying (DCL) and I'm mostly hanging out in the other group Jackie mentioned this year, but wanted to drop by my old haunts and say hello to any DIS friends who are applying this year. Anyone else DCL?

Now that Round 1 is over you can all take a deep breath and participate in what I thought was the greatest part of the application process... getting to know your fellow applicants for the next month or so. Just think for a second how much you already have in common with your fellow applicants.

Forget rewards trips... forget the swag... through the process of making the Panel I met my 16 best friends. We talk everyday. Most days we talk all day long. We talk about our lives, we talk about our kids, we talk about our favorite sports teams, we vent our problems to each other in a judgment-free zone and, most importantly, we talk about our combined love of all that is Disney, the Parks, the movies, the news stories, etc.

I hope each of you takes this opportunity to really get to know the amazing people applying for the Panel!

As lovely a sentiment as this is, your statement "Most days we talk all day long" has me wondering....do any of the current panelists have day jobs?

I applied for the first time this year, thinking it would be a cool thing to do, but I'm all ready wondering if the time commitment as a panelist would be a stretch for me. Chatting all day long would be impossible given my work and family schedule.

Would anyone care to share any insight? Thanks!

As lovely a sentiment as this is, your statement "Most days we talk all day long" has me wondering....do any of the current panelists have day jobs?

I applied for the first time this year, thinking it would be a cool thing to do, but I'm all ready wondering if the time commitment as a panelist would be a stretch for me. Chatting all day long would be impossible given my work and family schedule.

Would anyone care to share any insight? Thanks!
Many do, others are stay at home parents. I don't know the percentages, but there is a pretty good dip into both pools.

As to doing it while having a day job (which I do), it is very doable. I did answer a lot of my questions in the evenings, or weekends, and never felt like it was an overwhelming drain on my schedule.

There are a number of bilingual "Moms", but I would not let that worry you. I am sure they love it, but it certainly never seemed to be an overwhelming requirement. when I applied it never came up (and frankly my French and Spanish are getting a bit rusty!).

Many do, others are stay at home parents. I don't know the percentages, but there is a pretty good dip into both pools.

As to doing it while having a day job (which I do), it is very doable. I did answer a lot of my questions in the evenings, or weekends, and never felt like it was an overwhelming drain on my schedule.

Thanks dsiind!

Hellooooooooo? Is anybody out there? I am missing all the discourse that went on last year. I'm sure many "hopefuls" are communicating on Facebook, and you have abandoned those of use who do not partake of that technology. By this time last year, answers were being shared and second-guessed. I did not join in much of the banter last year (I was planning and getting ready to leave for the 2014 Food & Wine Festival), but I was looking forward to do more of it this year - earning my ears, as they say.

Maybe I should get more tech-savvy. My lack of it led to a sad, sad story - kind of "Walt Disney-ish". It was a dark and stormy night... No, seriously, it was September 2, 2014 and I was energized to enter the 2015 Disney Parks Moms Panel search. Since entries closed on September 5th, I quickly and carefully answered the questions. I had entered five times before, and made it to the Second Round twice. Each year, I became more confident in my answers and what "they" were looking for. During the 2014 search, I was also wearing my "tour guide" hat (more on that later), finalizing travel plans for my daughter, her husband, and myself to go to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. It was the first time for us at the festival. An experience not to be missed! I still drool thinking about all the great food we sampled. I also got tickets for the 3 of us to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Being a Halloween aficionado since my daughters were small, I made costumes for us to wear to MNSSHP. My daughter and son-in-law became Toy Story's "Woody" and "Jessie", and I was "Tour Guide Barbie" (not the one in the leotard, but the one wearing the cute pillbox hat). We felt we were a part of the Disney magic.

Here is the "sad, sad part". We left for WDW on October 24th at 4PM. The three of us have cell phones, but none are smart phones. I thought I hadn't made it to Round 2, it was six weeks after entering! We enjoyed our 10 day WDW vacation, and returned home on November 3rd. The next day, while catching up on my emails, I found a "Congratulations!", I had made it to Round 2 of the 2015 search. Aaaaaghhhhhhhh! The email was sent on October 24th - at 4:39PM - thirty-nine minutes after we left for our vacation. Had I had availability to my email, I might have been able to advance to Round 3. The Round 2 applications ended at noon on October 27th - probably around the same time I was enjoying my first day at the F&W Festival.

Not a happy ending, but a story with a moral. The moral isn't 'join Facebook' or 'keep checking your email on your smart phone while you are on vacation' to see if you advance to the next Round. The moral is to keep trying until you accomplish your goal. Don't give up. Stay confident.

Hello, I applied the second day it opened while on lunch at work (I give road tests for our governmen here in Canada) on my phone so now as I read other people talking about misreading the questions I worry I may have too BUT not realized it till now! I have a tendency to read fast :(
But I'll answer the questions now

First Set of Getting to Know You
1) First name:
Natalie
2) Specialty applied for: WDW
3) Location: Ontario, Canada
4) Kids/Grandkids (nieces/nephews/furbabies/etc.): 8 year old daughter and custody of my 8 month old nephew along with 3 other nephews and a niece
5) Favorite Disney character: Apple dumpling gang

6) Favorite Disney ride/attraction: That's hard but I would have to say big thunder mountain
7) Favorite Disney treat: POPCORN

Second Set
1) Favorite Disney animated movie: ROBIN HOOD

2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: 7 brides for 7 brothers
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Incredibles 2
4) Favorite Disney song: just around the river bend
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Belle

did someone post a facebook waiting area link...?

1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Beauty and The Beast
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: The Princess Diaries
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Incredibles 2
4) Favorite Disney song: He's a Tramp
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Meg from Hercules, she is delightfully sarcastic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter