The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun to all of you that are leaving soon!!! Have a great meet as well

I am getting more excited as our Magical Express packet came in the mail today!!!! We are finally getting close we booked this trip last Dec and it has been a long wait with DD4 who knew we were going from the start.
And in mail we also got our pearl cages--DD got a princess crown and I got the carriage. I ordered them from a on line company and they also came today.

Hope everyone who is going this week has safe travels and magical vacations! I'll be looking forward to hearing about the DISmeet--wish I could be there! :goodvibes I'm looking forward to Dec.!

I've done almost everything there is to do. I have to make another run to the grocery store - did tastycake stop making coconut juniors and chocolate tandycakes? I'm bringing some to Teena but all I can find (of the ones she can't get in FLoriday) are the chocolate juniors. Oh well, two more places to try if not I'll just extra of the chocolate juniors. I hope you can bring tastycakes in your carry on!

I'll check back in!

:rotfl2: Good luck with finding the Cocount juniors - I had no luck either. And yes you can take Tastycakes in your carry on!! :thumbsup2

One of our best swim days was an afternoon when it rained, we continued to float around the lazy river as people quickly dispersed from the pool. The pool remain open as this was not an electrical storm, it was great fun!!

We did that too! The pool was warmer than the rain drops. Everyone pretty much left and we had lots of room! It only rained for about 5-10 minutes, but it cleared out and we had fun!

In 1 week we leave to drive to the AutoTrain in Virginia! Sooo nervous we're going to miss it but so excited to take a new and different mode of transportation. We are planning on leaving at 7am as some fellow New Jerseyans suggested. My girls complained we were "leaving TOO early" so I promised a stop at Potomac Mills if we arrive REALLY early. I sometimes have nightmares of a 3 hour backup on I-95; so much so that I wrote the Amtrak telephone number down just in case we have to cancel on the road at the last possible moment. It won't stop us though, we'll drive the rest of the way!

Have a smooth departure Robyn!!

In 1 week we leave to drive to the AutoTrain in Virginia! Sooo nervous we're going to miss it but so excited to take a new and different mode of transportation. We are planning on leaving at 7am as some fellow New Jerseyans suggested. My girls complained we were "leaving TOO early" so I promised a stop at Potomac Mills if we arrive REALLY early. I sometimes have nightmares of a 3 hour backup on I-95; so much so that I wrote the Amtrak telephone number down just in case we have to cancel on the road at the last possible moment. It won't stop us though, we'll drive the rest of the way!

Have a smooth departure Robyn!!

have a great trip on the autotrain. We have taken it many times and really have enjoyed it. 7am in early so there should be plenty for you to do before heading to the station. we are considering taking it home on 8/22. still deciding on the cost.If you want pictures let me know i would be happy to send you some!

We had to reschedule our August trip due to my dd"s health issues :sad1: On the bright side we are now going to visit in November!:) We'll be staying club level at the Yacht Club and are so excited as this will be our first stay at the Beach& Yacht Club resorts!!
I have to redo all my ADR's and plans, but luckily I am an obsessive planner and love to spend hours planning away!

I know this has been answered here but I can't find it!

Can anyone tell me how to write the BC telling them about the wonderful CM experiences I had during my stay? I got home Tuesday night and I have been thinking about it since. :goodvibes

thanks in advance.

I know this has been answered here but I can't find it!

Can anyone tell me how to write the BC telling them about the wonderful CM experiences I had during my stay? I got home Tuesday night and I have been thinking about it since. :goodvibes

thanks in advance.

Here is the address for the General Manager of the Yacht and Beach Club:

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Here is the contact info for Guest Communications

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Safe travels to everyone!!! See you on the 8th!:banana:

Well everything is done and we are just waiting for DH to finish up work. Of course he's running behind - aggghhhh! The kids (and who am I kidding, me too) are chomping at the bit to get going!

Can't wait for our mini-meet on the 8th! Thanks jjohnson for putting it together.

Finally - we are down to hours! This time tomorrow I expect to be at SAB with a sunken treasure in my hand.

BTW Natebenma, when my kids are a PITA is when I need the sunken treasure the most!

We had to reschedule our August trip due to my dd"s health issues :sad1: On the bright side we are now going to visit in November!:) We'll be staying club level at the Yacht Club and are so excited as this will be our first stay at the Beach& Yacht Club resorts!!
I have to redo all my ADR's and plans, but luckily I am an obsessive planner and love to spend hours planning away!

I'm sorry to hear about your DD. :hug: But luckily it is a postponement and not a cancellation. I'm sure that will keep you all going.

We've stayed YC CL and are going back in 2 weeks. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I might be able to answer. YC is great and I'm sure you will have a terrific time!

DH just called and is on his way so I guess this is it!

I checked availability at BC for the first two weeks and all that's left is a 1 bedroom suite! Oh by - looks like it will be crowded. Wish me luck for a nice courtyard view!

Thanks to everyone who helped me get through the crazy planning of this trip!

Can't wait to see everyone at the meet! Teena - I'll see you Saturday.

HockeyMomR - you are right there are no coconut juniors anywhere.

To everyone still planning their trip I'll be back with my report on August 16.

Now it's time to go . . .

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier but we were at the movies on the beach at the Beach Club last week and were VERY dissapointed that they have stopped offering Smores kits. Instead, they were giving out free marshmellows...but no Smores for sale or free!!! They said they were taking a tally of people who requested the Smores to see if anyone missed them.

It still shows Smores on the Movie sign as you walk on the beach which made it very frustrating, especially when we didn't have dessert just to leave room for our Smores!

Please, if you're heading down for the campfire, mention the Smores so they'll make note of your interest and maybe bring them back one day.:worship:

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier but we were at the movies on the beach at the Beach Club last week and were VERY dissapointed that they have stopped offering Smores kits. Instead, they were giving out free marshmellows...but no Smores for sale or free!!! They said they were taking a tally of people who requested the Smores to see if anyone missed them.

It still shows Smores on the Movie sign as you walk on the beach which made it very frustrating, especially when we didn't have dessert just to leave room for our Smores!

Please, if you're heading down for the campfire, mention the Smores so they'll make note of your interest and maybe bring them back one day.:worship:

What?? No Smores!! Yikes - we were looking forward to that with the movie. I'll certainly suggest they bring this back if it is not offered. :thumbsup2

Thank you BCV23 for your kind words!

I'm so jealous to miss the big meet coming up but fully expect lots of pics and reports!!!
HAVE FUN!!!

Amanda

DH just called and is on his way so I guess this is it!

I checked availability at BC for the first two weeks and all that's left is a 1 bedroom suite! Oh by - looks like it will be crowded. Wish me luck for a nice courtyard view!

Thanks to everyone who helped me get through the crazy planning of this trip!

Can't wait to see everyone at the meet! Teena - I'll see you Saturday.

HockeyMomR - you are right there are no coconut juniors anywhere.

To everyone still planning their trip I'll be back with my report on August 16.

Now it's time to go . . .

Enjoy your trip! I look forward to your report since I'll be there a few days after you leave. :banana:

Well everything is done and we are just waiting for DH to finish up work. Of course he's running behind - aggghhhh! The kids (and who am I kidding, me too) are chomping at the bit to get going!

Can't wait for our mini-meet on the 8th! Thanks jjohnson for putting it together.

Finally - we are down to hours! This time tomorrow I expect to be at SAB with a sunken treasure in my hand.

BTW Natebenma, when my kids are a PITA is when I need the sunken treasure the most!

Have a great time.YC was soldout when we were there and we had no issues. ENJOY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter