That's the Second Biggest Double Stroller I've Ever Seen- A Dec 2010 TR

Just got back from a week vacation in the north west - finally caught up...

my wife and i also did the KP mission and at the time we had no kids... it felt akward but we did it and we did save the world :-)

haha! The hair pulling bit had me rolling with flashbacks of when my kids were younger.

Mmmm... Sunshine Seasons was tasty. Not our best meal, by a long shot, but still pretty good.

great update :)

That's too bad that your family didn't want to stay and eat with you. It looks like it worked out pretty well though. I'm glad Landon went along to make sure that you got your key lime pie this time.:lmao:

Your "Key Lime Pie Hero"; love it! :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear what you think of the KP Mission. We haven't tried that yet.

Cute update! I haven't ever had key lime pie. I'm not sure if I would like it. I love lemon bars. That's the only citrusy dessert I can think of to compare!

I love key lime pie! I love lemon bars, too. I'm not sure how similar the two are, but I'd say it's worth a shot. :thumbsup2

FINALLY CAUGHT UP! Normally when I read TRs to catch up, I write comments to post at the end, but alas, I did not do that here. The reason for that is because I'd read a few updates in the morning as I was eating breakfast. It helped me calm down from the wedding stress and drama from the night before! So I do appreciate that! Love the dialogue that you include!

Curious to read what you thought about the Kim Possible Mission. I LOVE it!!! There were the 5 of us surrounding one little cell phone, but it was definitely fun as we searched for some of the more obscure things. I really don't know the countries well enough to know where everything is.

Ooo, Key Lime Hero! I think right now I'd like a Chocolate Donut Hero ...

I'm glad my TR could provide a distraction from wedding stress! I hope that all settles down soon. :)

I'm sure you all had a blast doing KP together. I think it's the sort of thing that would be fun with a group of people.

Chocolate Donut hero...That sounds pretty good to me. Sadly, it's past Landon's bedtime or he would be happy to be donut hero. :laughing:

Great update. I am a robeez fan too. One toddler with extremely narrow feet, one with extra wide and one with wide and they have worked for all three. I even get the tiny ones for when they are babies just to hold their socks on. Colin is 18 months and we just got him a pair of sandals. He was so funny learning how to walk in them because he has never had real shoes. But he is so proud of them. All he does is stick out his foot and say "shoe" over and over.
Sunshine Seasons sounded yummy. I haven't eaten there since I was a kid. And keylime pie can be my favorite dessert...when it is done right. My mom makes a white chocolate key lime pie that is straight from heaven.

That's got to be a good shoe, if it works for all 3 foot types. Too cute, Colin being proud of his sandals. Landon just got a forward facing carseat that he's very proud of. It's hard being the youngest sometimes. :rotfl:

We love Sunshine Seasons. I think I liked it slightly more when we were on the dining plan, because it was such a good deal and we always got dessert. We still ate there twice this trip, even without a dining plan. Oh, and that white chocolate key lime pie does sound celestial. :thumbsup2:3dglasses

Mmmmm...pie...

I've never had actual food at Sunshine Seasons, just the strawberry shortcake, a banana, and a cup of coffee. Sounds like I might need to try their actual meal offerings (though I *could* eat the strawberry shortcake as a meal).

Now there's an idea- next time at Sunshine Seasons, I could get strawberry shortcake for my meal and key lime pie for dessert. Forget the pork chop. :rotfl:

Just got back from a week vacation in the north west - finally caught up...

my wife and i also did the KP mission and at the time we had no kids... it felt akward but we did it and we did save the world :-)

Ooh, a week of vacationing in the Northwest- that sounds wonderful. :cloud9:

At least we had the stroller, that way we could sort of pretend we had kids along.

haha! The hair pulling bit had me rolling with flashbacks of when my kids were younger.

Mmmm... Sunshine Seasons was tasty. Not our best meal, by a long shot, but still pretty good.

great update :)

Landon has actually cut back on his hair pulling, but he still loves to grab Carter's hair. Maybe it's misguided brotherly affection. :confused3

It's one of our favorites, but sometimes it's better than others. We'll probably be back. :)

That's too bad that your family didn't want to stay and eat with you. It looks like it worked out pretty well though. I'm glad Landon went along to make sure that you got your key lime pie this time.:lmao:

It did work out pretty well. It would have been nice if they had wanted to stay, but I suppose I can see how they might have had enough of Epcot. Plus, I don't think any of them had ever had the key lime pie, so they didn't know what they were missing. :rotfl:

Your "Key Lime Pie Hero"; love it! :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear what you think of the KP Mission. We haven't tried that yet.

Landon loves to be a hero. :laughing:

I always like to try everything at Disney, at least once, so I was really glad we gave it a shot. :)

Oh this makes me super excited to "save the world" when we are there in September!

I think when they first started this game Kim Possible was still on, but I agree that a new updated "Perry" version would be SO fun!!!

We are definitely doing a Kim Possible mission next week! I've read about people doing them, but haven't seen such fun detail about it before. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you both had a fun time! I love the idea of changing it to a Perry theme instead. I bet most kids don't even know who Kim Possible is now anyway. Phineas & Ferb seem like they'll be around for some time. That show is hilarious. Awesome idea! :thumbsup2

When I found out they switched Honey, I shrunk the audience I was quite disappoointed because Dh hadn't seen it yet. But he is a Michael Jackson fan. :sick: So I decided to keep it a secret and surprise him. We went to Epcot our first day this year. He was happy with his surprise. We took the DD7 and DS2. Haha. DS2 HATED it. I had to take him out part way into it. So for the rest of the week everytime there waas an extra loud noise or it started to get dark in an attraction he'd start screaming. Philharmagic, Figment, Muppets 3D, everything. Lesson learned. I won't do that again. Hopefully he won't remember to be scared when we go back again!

That looks like a really nice, relaxing evening at EPCOT! I've seen Captain EO before, but it has been so long ago I don't remember. I don't want to watch it on Youtube before we go though, because I'm looking forward to seeing it when we're there. I can understand why Jeremy wanted to see it... I'm just sorry you had to wait next to a photgraph intruding trash can.

The Kim Possible missions look neat. I've always thought it would be fun to do, but I didn't want to be the adult without a kid playing a game designed for kids.:rolleyes1 You've made me feel a little bit better about that though!:thumbsup2 Just wondering, what did Carter think of it? Was there much about the missions that you were able to involve him in (maybe pushing the buttons to make something happen?)

Just stopping in to say hello...I'm here! I have a LOT to catch up on, but I'm enjoying myself so far. And, yes, TEN HOURS is close to Disney! I would love to be that close. :lmao: Anything under twelve would be great, totally doable. Not that we couldn't drive from CT, but my husband thinks I'm crazy for even considering it! :lmao:

You and I are photo soul sisters. I set out to take a parade shot and get a fat guy's heiney in the shot or my own finger. I really really want to start frequenting the photography boards. I got a Nikon D500 for Christmas and I am pretty good with just messing around but I would love to take pix of the fireworks and the food and the rides maybe. Your trash can pictures have inspire me to head over to those boards tonight. :rotfl:

The Kim Possible missions sound like so much fun! I really want to try one in October, but I'm not sure my DH will go for it...I might have to do it alone! :laughing:

Hope you make it to Canada, one of my favorite areas of WS! :cool1:

That bit about scaring the people with the dancing skeleton cracked me up. I'd have done it just for fun. :lmao: and felt bad for about 2 minutes. Nah, you did right to keep 'em guessing. Part of the fun....

Your "trashy" photos were a kick too. My camera and its settings are just as stymying.

Those were the 2 countries that we saved as well! I liked the CM interaction. I had read about it earlier on a TR, so I had my cousin say it, and I recorded it! It was one of the funnier moments because of the catchphrase. As much as I like Kim Possible, I wish the back story for each mission wasn't so long. Haha, all we want to do is move on to the next hint and find what we need to find! I don't really need to know who what where when and why!

"You know what would have been cooler?"

"What's that?"

"If it was a Perry the Platypus World Showcase Adventure. Same basic idea, but we'd defeat Doofensmirtz, instead of all these villains we've never heard of."

What a great idea. We have never done this mission with our DS, who just turned 5, because he doesn't know Kim Possible. But he knows Perry and Doofensmirtz. Your DH should write Disney and ask them to update it and suggest Perry. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to change it around. We could all do a we want Perry campaign. :woohoo:

The old hair pulling days. How I remember them. :eek:

It looks like you had a good meal at Sunshine Seasons--it is one of our favorites.

They didn't have Kim Mission when our kids were little and we've never done it (although I've read of several adults who have).

Not a Michael Jackson fan...but DH is so he went to see Captain EO while I sat outside and checked office voice mails. ;)

I just checked our library and they have two Kim Possible DVDs! I think I will check one out closer to our trip so my oldest knows who Kim Possible is! Ha!

Looking forward to your next update...:surfweb:

Oh this makes me super excited to "save the world" when we are there in September!

I think when they first started this game Kim Possible was still on, but I agree that a new updated "Perry" version would be SO fun!!!

We might save the world again in October. It ended up being pretty fun. It would be even more fun with kids old enough to get it.

I guess Phineas and Ferb hasn't been on for too long, but I do think it's way more popular than Kim Possible ever was. Maybe they'll switch it over someday.

We are definitely doing a Kim Possible mission next week! I've read about people doing them, but haven't seen such fun detail about it before. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you both had a fun time! I love the idea of changing it to a Perry theme instead. I bet most kids don't even know who Kim Possible is now anyway. Phineas & Ferb seem like they'll be around for some time. That show is hilarious. Awesome idea! :thumbsup2

I love Phineas & Ferb. I'll even watch it without the boys sometimes. The Kim Possible mission was fun and we'll probably do it again someday, but I felt like it was fun despite Kim Possible and not because of it. I'd love to join forces with Agent P. :goodvibes

When I found out they switched Honey, I shrunk the audience I was quite disappoointed because Dh hadn't seen it yet. But he is a Michael Jackson fan. :sick: So I decided to keep it a secret and surprise him. We went to Epcot our first day this year. He was happy with his surprise. We took the DD7 and DS2. Haha. DS2 HATED it. I had to take him out part way into it. So for the rest of the week everytime there waas an extra loud noise or it started to get dark in an attraction he'd start screaming. Philharmagic, Figment, Muppets 3D, everything. Lesson learned. I won't do that again. Hopefully he won't remember to be scared when we go back again!

Oh, wow, that's too bad you DS2 hated all the dark shows after that. I wonder if he'd seen Philharmagic first if it would have been fine. At least Carter wasn't scared. I think he was just antsy and bored. I'd like to see Captain EO someday, but I just don't think it's worth it with a two year old.

That looks like a really nice, relaxing evening at EPCOT! I've seen Captain EO before, but it has been so long ago I don't remember. I don't want to watch it on Youtube before we go though, because I'm looking forward to seeing it when we're there. I can understand why Jeremy wanted to see it... I'm just sorry you had to wait next to a photgraph intruding trash can.

The Kim Possible missions look neat. I've always thought it would be fun to do, but I didn't want to be the adult without a kid playing a game designed for kids.:rolleyes1 You've made me feel a little bit better about that though!:thumbsup2 Just wondering, what did Carter think of it? Was there much about the missions that you were able to involve him in (maybe pushing the buttons to make something happen?)

It was a great evening at Epcot. It was sort of nice that we had already spent quite a bit of time there, so we didn't really feel the need to rush around and do it all. Not that we ever really do that anyway. We're both very non-commando. At least that night, we didn't feel that maybe if we were commandos we could have accomplished more. :laughing:

Carter wasn't terribly involved in the whole mission aspect of it. He really likes riding in his stroller, especially when we keep moving and there's interesting things to look at. It was also nighttime, so he was sleepy. He was sort of just sitting back and chilling and taking it all in. I do think that if he had been more alert, he might have been willing to push the appropriate button at the right time. He also might have pressed all of the buttons at the wrong times. Hard to say which way it would go. :rotfl:

Just stopping in to say hello...I'm here! I have a LOT to catch up on, but I'm enjoying myself so far. And, yes, TEN HOURS is close to Disney! I would love to be that close. :lmao: Anything under twelve would be great, totally doable. Not that we couldn't drive from CT, but my husband thinks I'm crazy for even considering it! :lmao:

Hi! Glad to have you here! I guess I will have to revise my opinion about ten hours not being very close to Disney. Jeremy was saying just the other day that ten hours is just close enough to feel like we don't really need to pay for plane tickets, but just far enough to be a pain to drive. I don't think we would try it from CT, though. Luckily, my boys are pretty good little travelers. :goodvibes

You and I are photo soul sisters. I set out to take a parade shot and get a fat guy's heiney in the shot or my own finger. I really really want to start frequenting the photography boards. I got a Nikon D500 for Christmas and I am pretty good with just messing around but I would love to take pix of the fireworks and the food and the rides maybe. Your trash can pictures have inspire me to head over to those boards tonight. :rotfl:

Wow, we sure are photo soul sisters. :laughing: I'm always meaning to go to the photography boards and figure out what all the different settings actually mean so I don't have to rely on trial and error. Maybe I'll actually get it done before our next trip.

The Kim Possible missions sound like so much fun! I really want to try one in October, but I'm not sure my DH will go for it...I might have to do it alone! :laughing:

Hope you make it to Canada, one of my favorite areas of WS! :cool1:

On the upside of doing the missions alone, you would get to push the button every time. :rotfl: I really didn't feel too silly doing it, especially once we got started.

Canada is beautiful. We like to go all the way to the very back where there's almost never anyone there. It's a good place for the boys to stretch their legs. And a good place for us to sit on a bench. :thumbsup2

That bit about scaring the people with the dancing skeleton cracked me up. I'd have done it just for fun. :lmao: and felt bad for about 2 minutes. Nah, you did right to keep 'em guessing. Part of the fun....

Your "trashy" photos were a kick too. My camera and its settings are just as stymying.

Really, scaring those people with the skeleton ended up being one of our favorite memories of the trip. Too bad we didn't get it on video. :rotfl: I sort of wish we had hung around to see what happened next.

Someday, I'm really going to figure out that camera. So far, I know how to change between five different modes, so if I try all five and none of them work, I have to give up. I'm sure there's a better way.:laughing:

Those were the 2 countries that we saved as well! I liked the CM interaction. I had read about it earlier on a TR, so I had my cousin say it, and I recorded it! It was one of the funnier moments because of the catchphrase. As much as I like Kim Possible, I wish the back story for each mission wasn't so long. Haha, all we want to do is move on to the next hint and find what we need to find! I don't really need to know who what where when and why!

I thought those two countries were really fun. Norway and Mexico are two of our favorite pavilions anyway, so it was nice to spend some time finding all the special effects.I can't wait to see the video of you all saying the catchphrase. That was an interesting complication. I agree, some of the back stories were too much. I suppose it would be amusing to a Kim Possible fan. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter