• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That's it, moved to FL to be closer to Mickey! Update 2/4 Kidnapped at WDW 10/03/09

:thumbsup2Great update. Happy Easter to you too! I wonder what that thing the're building is, I hope it's something fun they really need some new attractions at MK.

Thanks. Some sort of theater, I didn't really care for the look of it. It fits in, but yet sticks out like a sore thumb. I guess if you were new to the MK it wouldn't matter. I agree about needing some new attractions at MK, actually all the parks. Need to do something to help with the overcrowding.

Enjoying the photos!

Magic Kingdom looks crowded, I have heard a few things about the crowds last week! :scared1: Makes me not feel as bad that we are not going this vacation. :laughing:

Nice that you can go for the day though!

The Monday after school vacation is never good. :sad2:

Hey Melissa, the pics get better and better. TTA is something Di keeps wanting to ride but for whatever reason we have not yet done it....can add it to the surprisingly big list of "never done that"

Slight side note, now that Di is on Facebook prepare to be bombarded with weird stuff, I already seem to have multiple invites to get a garden, a reef and some kind of freaky plant people

cheers

Gordon

That's funny because we headed to Tomorrowland first too! We checked out Buzz, but the wait was too long for us. Don't remember what it said, but we weren't in a waiting kind of mood that day. ;)

I can't remember if I had ever seen this, Jacob asked if it was a real photo?
505319402_bFz8h-M.jpg

Too funny! I took the same picture and hadn't noticed it before! :rotfl: We noticed everything Stitch on this trip. ;)

Great update! Love the reaction to getting the DS!!!!
He can be soooo sweet when he gets what he wants.:rotfl:
Enjoying the photos!

Magic Kingdom looks crowded, I have heard a few things about the crowds last week! :scared1: Makes me not feel as bad that we are not going this vacation. :laughing:

Nice that you can go for the day though!

The Monday after school vacation is never good. :sad2:

We ended up not going back at all last week. I sort of did, just to see all the people. I'm crazy!

Let me tell you about Monday around here. Can't find Jacob's shoes, so he wore an old pair. How do you lose shoes in a house?

Hope you had a great vacation!

Hey Melissa, the pics get better and better. TTA is something Di keeps wanting to ride but for whatever reason we have not yet done it....can add it to the surprisingly big list of "never done that"

Slight side note, now that Di is on Facebook prepare to be bombarded with weird stuff, I already seem to have multiple invites to get a garden, a reef and some kind of freaky plant people

cheers

Gordon

I can not believe you have not ridden TTA. You need to ride it twice, once in the daytime and then at night.

As far as Facebook goes, if Di includes me, look out. I am building a garden, two sea gardens or something like that, a safari, a sweet shop and consuming drinks.:laughing:Sure wish the drinks were real.:rotfl: Not sure about the freaky plant people.

My neighbors birthday is on Wednesday and while we were walking I mentioned she could get in on her birthday for free. Then I had an idea, we could go to WDW. It would only be for about 3 hours, since we have to get the kids at 2:00, but would still be 3 hours in a park. She is going to talk to her husband. Of course, it always worries me because with JS in DC, I always worry about being there for Jacob when he gets out of school. The one reason I really hate not having family around.

Hope everyone has a great day!pixiedust:
Melissa

Great updates! MK looked very crowded.

I never saw that picture of Stitch before either.

I hope you haven't had any more spiders!

Great updates! MK looked very crowded.

I never saw that picture of Stitch before either.

I hope you haven't had any more spiders!

I wonder if that pic is new or are we all too excited to go ride something else and only see the door.:rotfl:

Spiders only on Friday and Sunday, so far.

We are going to Epcot tomorrow. Short trip, but I am looking forward to going with an adult that has never been. She has been to Disneyland many times, and also Disneyland Paris. She said she gets motion sickness, can't handle spinning, so not sure what all we will ride. I described TT to her and she said she wanted to do that, also mentioned Soarin', but now that I think about it, that may not be a good idea. I'll talk to her about it more on the road. We leave as soon as her daughter leaves for the bus. I bet she starts pushing her out of the house in the morning.:rotfl:

Hey, just in case no one has seen it, the Swan and Dolphin is offering a free night for your birthday with a minimum 3 night stay. Now I want to do that!

Hope everyone has a great evening. I think the rain finally stopped here.:sad1:I was so enjoying it. Need to go turn off the sprinklers, no reason to water tonight. Conserve and save money!

Hey Melissa - not sure if you saw my reply yesterday. It's the last one on the previous page and it was posted around the same time you posted. I only ask because you didn't respond to my reply (not that you HAVE to reply to everything I say! :rolleyes1 ) and I wanted to be sure you saw it. I know I sometimes I miss a reply on my TR. :goodvibes

That's funny because we headed to Tomorrowland first too! We checked out Buzz, but the wait was too long for us. Don't remember what it said, but we weren't in a waiting kind of mood that day. ;)

Too funny! I took the same picture and hadn't noticed it before! :rotfl: We noticed everything Stitch on this trip. ;)

Ok, gotcha!:rotfl: Again, wondering if that pic of Stitch is new. I remember thinking I need to look for a couple with three boys. You will just have to let me know where you were as you read through this. I'll try to remember to put a time, my pics should have it.

OK so I'm almost a year late in starting this TR...but I'M LOVING IT!!!:worship: I'm only on page 5 and saw the time:scared1: DH will be home and I need to get his dinner...but I am soo here after! :surfweb
It will be a while before I can even fathom going back so meanwhile I feed on TRs like yours!!!:laughing:

OK so I'm almost a year late in starting this TR...but I'M LOVING IT!!!:worship: I'm only on page 5 and saw the time:scared1: DH will be home and I need to get his dinner...but I am soo here after! :surfweb
It will be a while before I can even fathom going back so meanwhile I feed on TRs like yours!!!:laughing:

:welcome:

Thanks for joining my crazy Florida life. I apologize for not responding sooner but we had a virus. Back in February our computer crashed and we lost everything and now this.:mad::scared1::headache: McAfee didn't catch it, purchased a Spyware program, it didn't find it, finally had to restore the computer back to a week ago. :sad2: But, didn't lose anything except for Jacob's game. He was playing it when the virus showed up, the crazy thing is, that is what he was playing when the computer crashed in Feb. It's not an online game.:confused3

Back on topic, glad you joined us samiet620. Did DH get some dinner?:laughing: I know how you feel about having to live through TR's. I never thought I would end up living so close to the world. I'll try to get another update up soon. Have another day to add, already have a title, "Went to Epcot and rode Soarin'?" but first I have to finish our day at the MK.

So we exited TTA and Jacob said he wanted to ride Buzz again, so off we went:
Jacob's score!
505328493_thkye-M.jpg

Mine:sad2:
505328782_Qxi2J-M.jpg

Maybe I need to stay up all night.:confused3

Here is Jacob kicking Zorg:
505329457_hUQJJ-M.jpg

After Buzz we checked out the raceway, but the line looked really long, I joked about CoP, and Jacob said sure, so off we went.

505329602_HJiws-M.jpg

Spotted some Mickey Heads while waiting,
505330074_hSqYz-M.jpg

and didn't notice the bird until after I snapped the shot. Hope he didn't leave that family a present.:laughing:

I got a little upset when these teenage girls left the ride and told their friends not to waste their time because it was boring.

Now, in order to get Jacob to ride Space Mountain, I bribed him. Toy, no. Ice Cream, No! Arcade!!!

Walked past all these people to get there:
505330247_2P6rz-M.jpg

Found a Star Wars pinball machine.
505330525_cyVCN-M.jpg

Then he decided to ride a motorcycle. Don't tell Gramps, it wasn't a Harley.
505330894_mqSQH-M.jpg

I don't think I had mentioned this, but one of the things we wanted to do on this day was get Jacob's haircut. The best haircut he has had since being here was at MK, so back to Main Street and look who we saw:
505331438_XkgoM-M.jpg

He was following that little girl and she was trying to get away, but he blocked her in. Her mother thought it was funny. We spend on this money to take our kids to the most magical place on Earth, to torture them.:rotfl2:

505332386_bhTew-M.jpg

505332930_YEdQp-M.jpg

505334299_twauR-M.jpg

505335083_tmeCS-M.jpg

This was at 11:00am per the photo info, crowds were still coming in.
505335145_ZXmsy-M.jpg

Heard these being set off at the end of the show,
505336012_r67tx-M.jpg

Jacob thinks it is crazy that they set off fireworks during the day.

Here she is again:
505339337_2K47j-M.jpg

A little window shopping:
505340059_yEKmK-M.jpg

505340146_mwVY7-M.jpg

Made it to the barbershop and look who was there:
505340424_kvbok-M.jpg

We haven't seen these guys before. There were a lot of people there, so we decided to head back the other way. Jacob wanted to go to the fort at TSI.
I'll have another update soon and I learn something new about the park.

I love the window displays on Main Street! Are those ones new for the new celebration?

I have promised myself that I will beat B/F at Buzz and TSM this trip. :rolleyes:

I have not been in the barbershop before, but it looks so cute in there from the picture!

Oh, your right about us adults falling for the magic more than the kids. Unless you are married to my DH, he told me last night "You know our grandkids will never get to WDW because Jacob will be so tired of going." I told him "Grandma will take them!"

.[/QUOTE]

I am ejoying your trip report. Love hearing about your "trials" with Jacob ;)
I fear I dragged my DS to WDW too often or did commando style too often also. He hates WDW and doesn't have any interest in going back as an adult. Unfortunately, he sees no reason for his daughtgers to be "dragged" around WDW by me either (as he and his sister were). :sad2: I am presently trying to brainwash my DGDs so they can change their daddy's mind:rotfl2: Sooner or later, he will give in :thumbsup2

It is so funny to read your TR about the same time we were there! :rotfl: You mentioned the line being too long for Tomorrowland Speedway. Well, it wasn't very long when we did it, but Buzz seemed too long for us! :lmao:

I didn't realize CoP was open!!

Didn't even know there was an arcade there. :rolleyes1

Tom Sawyer Island, eh??? :rolleyes1

Just wanted to say hi since we haven't talked in awhile! :)

Well, hello to you to. You posted as I was trying to do this update.

I love the window displays on Main Street! Are those ones new for the new celebration?

I have promised myself that I will beat B/F at Buzz and TSM this trip. :rolleyes:

I have not been in the barbershop before, but it looks so cute in there from the picture!

I loved the window displays also. I took some of the others, but didn't really take the time to get a good shot so there is a glare. I'm going to try to pay more attention and see how often they change them. I am guessing that anything with the balloons is a part of the Celebrations.

I will have more pics of the barbershop. It is really nice in there, but of course it would be.

Oh, your right about us adults falling for the magic more than the kids. Unless you are married to my DH, he told me last night "You know our grandkids will never get to WDW because Jacob will be so tired of going." I told him "Grandma will take them!"

I am ejoying your trip report. Love hearing about your "trials" with Jacob ;)
I fear I dragged my DS to WDW too often or did commando style too often also. He hates WDW and doesn't have any interest in going back as an adult. Unfortunately, he sees no reason for his daughtgers to be "dragged" around WDW by me either (as he and his sister were). :sad2: I am presently trying to brainwash my DGDs so they can change their daddy's mind:rotfl2: Sooner or later, he will give in :thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

I'd just kidnap mine.:rotfl: I'm kidding, well maybe not. Kids should get to go to WDW. Maybe DS needs to go back, once he sees how those girls react he might just change his mind.

I worked with a lady in TX who so wants to go to WDW. She mentioned their whole family going, she has 2 DS's who one has 2 DD's and the other 2 DS's. Between 5 and 11. Wouldn't that be a fun trip. The adults told her they would all rather go to the Caribbean or somewhere like that on vacation. :sad2:

It is so funny to read your TR about the same time we were there! :rotfl: You mentioned the line being too long for Tomorrowland Speedway. Well, it wasn't very long when we did it, but Buzz seemed too long for us! :lmao:

I didn't realize CoP was open!!

Didn't even know there was an arcade there. :rolleyes1

Tom Sawyer Island, eh??? :rolleyes1

When I typed that about Tomorrowland Speedway (yup, didn't know the name of that one) I thought, "Carissa and the guys probably rode it." How funny.

I've read a couple of TR's where I was at the park same time as them and have so much fun trying to see if they are in my pics, or if I am in theirs. Actually, I think they are all a part of this TR.

Jacob can spot an arcade a mile away. It cracks me up how many people are actually in there playing games. Actually, I guess if you had someone who didn't want to ride Space Mountain it would be a good waiting spot. When you exit SM, it is in the back of the shop. Unless you take the time to look around the shop, which most just look for the door like me, you won't see it. But I think Jacob spotted it from TTA.

I'm going to try to get another update today. We are going back to Epcot on Saturday, got a little taste of the F&G Festival yesterday and I have got to go back!!!! And I can only imagine how many pics I will come home with.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday!

Your score on Buzz looks like mine! :rotfl2:

I love the castle shots! Are you still doing the photography class? How's it going?

My dad would never let us go near an arcade in any park anywhere. He always said he spent all that money on park tickets, he wasn't going to spend more for an arcade. To this day, I still never notice them because I was brainwashed not to go in them. I don't think I even realized there were any in MK!

Your score on Buzz looks like mine! :rotfl2:

I love the castle shots! Are you still doing the photography class? How's it going?

My dad would never let us go near an arcade in any park anywhere. He always said he spent all that money on park tickets, he wasn't going to spend more for an arcade. To this day, I still never notice them because I was brainwashed not to go in them. I don't think I even realized there were any in MK!

:rotfl: I never went in them at parks either, I could do that at home. Couldn't believe I got out of there and Jacob only played two games. I was surprised.

No, the photography class was only two classes and I missed the 2nd class. So it is the camera, not the photographer. I am taking the time to look around for more for shots and have been looking at pics on the photography board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter