• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving in WDW! A November PTR!

buckeyeprincess24

Rebellious Avenging Jedi Princess of the Buckeyes
Hi readers! Welcome to my second PTR! I've decided to document the planning stages for our November trip. I've made it all official, even getting a trip journal to carry around in the parks. I don't know what trip number this is, but it definitely isn't our first! However, it is our first time going in November. :-)
WP_20150620_20_32_08_Pro (2).jpg

(If anyone has any advice about uploading pictures, that would be appreciated!)
It's a tradition on every trip to get a picture of us on the PeopleMover going up to the ride.
Who: The Fantastic Four (of us!) L-R: My mom Heather, brother Andy, dad Kelly, and me, Katie.

When: We'll drive down partway on Friday, November 20th, after Andy and I get out of school. Then on Saturday we check into our resort. We'll stay until Friday November 27th, when we'll drive home.
Where: Old Key West, our home resort as we are DVC members.
Why: Since we don't really do much Monday and Tuesday at school before Thanksgiving, Mom thought that we should go to Disney! In addition to being DVC members, we also have Annual Passes this year.

Here's the schedule:

Friday (20th) Driving partway
Saturday (21st) Completing the drive, MK in the evening
Sunday (22nd) Epcot
Monday (23rd) DHS
Tuesday (24th) AK, and then to Epcot for the DVC Merry Mixer
Wednesday (25th) MK
Thursday (26th) MK

Friday (27th) Driving home :sad:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: Some Introductions are in Order (scroll down)

Chapter 2: Dining Details
Chapter 3: Fastpasses

Chapter 4: Disney on Ice
Chapter 5: And So it Begins

Last edited:
Chapter One: Some Introductions are in Order
As I said above, I'm going with my family. So let's meet them!
First up is my mom Heather. She's the planner and here on the DIS as well (if you're reading, hi Mom!)
IMG_7943.JPG
Some Favorites
Rides- Thunder Mountain, PeopleMover, Expedition Everest, Soarin', and Space Mountain
Restaurants- La Cantina de San Angel, The Plaza, and Karamell-Kuche
Park- Magic Kingdom
Show- Mickey's Philharmagic
Resort- Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary
Character- Mickey Mouse
Animated Movie- Cinderella
Next is my dad Kelly. He's the navigator.
WP_20150620_16_23_37_Pro.jpg
Some Favorites
Rides- Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan's Flight, PeopleMover, Spaceship Earth, and Malestrom
Restaurants- Cosmic Ray's, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, and Aloha Isle
Park-Epcot
Show- Carousel of Progress
Resort- Saratoga Springs
Character- Donald Duck
Animated Movie- Aladdin
Next up is my brother Andy. He's in sixth grade and eleven years old.

WP_20150620_10_33_50_Pro.jpg

Some Favorites
Rides- Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Rock n Roller Coaster, Test Track, and Soarin'
Restaurants- La Cantina de San Angel, Trail's End, and Auntie Gravity's
Park- Magic Kingdom
Show- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt
Spectacular
Resort- Contemporary
Character- Donald Duck

Animated Movie- Mulan
Finally, the one you've all been waiting for, your Ghost Host(ess), me, aka Katie! I'm thirteen years old and in eighth grade.
IMG_8016.JPG
Some Favorites
Rides- Space Mountain, Test Track, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Primeval Whirl
Restaurants- Tortuga Tavern, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Aloha Isle
Park- Magic Kingdom
Show- Mickey's Philharmagic
Resort- Polynesian
Character- Kim Possible
Animated Movie- Sleeping Beauty
Finally, we have our shih-poo mix dog, Toby. He's going to be two years old in November.
InstagramCapture_aa02012e-f86e-4362-8099-0ae38577afb6.jpg
Toby is going to be staying with a dog-sitter, but he's a part of the family, so he deserves a mention!:dog2:

Hello Katie :wave2: We are also spending our first Thanksgiving at Disney and I have a son your age who is starting 8th grade tomorrow :) We're flying in kind of late on the 20th, and I'm glad because we're in NY so its almost a 24 hour drive! I'm sure you're all excited for the trip and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your plans.

Hello Katie :wave2: We are also spending our first Thanksgiving at Disney and I have a son your age who is starting 8th grade tomorrow :) We're flying in kind of late on the 20th, and I'm glad because we're in NY so its almost a 24 hour drive! I'm sure you're all excited for the trip and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your plans.
We live near Charlotte, so it's a eight/nine hour drive. I can't imagine spending almost 24 hours in a car! :scared1:

Chapter Two: Dining Details
We have several dining reservations this trip. We're going to be eating at the Plaza on arrival night, Coral Reef on Epcot day, the 50s Prime Time Cafe on HS day, Olivia's on AK day, and we also have a Fastpass for BOG on one of our MK days. We've eaten at the Plaza when I was younger, but I don't remember much about it. As for CR, 50s Prime Time, and Olivia's, they're completely new to me! I'm excited to try these places. I'm a little nervous about 50s Prime Time because of the antics of the servers, but I'm sure we'll be fine. We've eaten at BOG before, and I'm excited to get the Grey Stuff cupcake. (Yes, it's delicious!) Other food items I'm looking forward to are:
1) Dole Whip Float (always a must do, but I'm sad they no longer serve vanilla/pineapple swirl)
2) Mickey Premium Bar:mickeybar

3) Empanadas from La Cantina de San Angel
4) Maybe a cupcake from Starring Rolls
5) Mickey Mac 'n' Cheese (I'm a huge mac 'n' cheese lover!)
o.jpg

6414506_orig.jpg

Chapter 3: Fastpass
Tuesday the 22nd marked our 60 days out period. I'm excited because I think we did pretty well with our selections. We got Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs, and Thunder Mountain to name few. School seems to make the days fly by a bit faster, but it still seems that the trip is far away! Happy fall everyone!

Chapter Four: Disney on Ice
Okay, I know this isn't really planning, but we went to Disney on Ice's newest show last night, 100 Years of Magic!popcorn:: I had been to two shows before, but I barely remembered them. The show was at Time Warner Cable Arena, where the Charlotte Hornets play. THE. SHOW. WAS. AMAZING! I was very impressed and was too busy enjoying it to take any pictures. The premise was that Donald and Goofy need inspiration for the movie that they're making, so Mickey and Minnie help them get inspiration from great stories. I loved the Mulan portion of the show the most. It also featured Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Lion King, Aladdin, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, etc. There was also a princess montage featuring Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, and their princes. Overall the show was excellent, but I was really disappointed to see that none of Aurora's story was told, as she's my favorite princess.:confused: The show was heavy on the Frozen. They basically retold all of Frozen (without Sven), but only snippets of other films. I mean, I like Frozen and all, but I didn't grow up with it, so it's not my favorite. The same with the merchandise. It was basically all Frozen stuff. We saw so many Annas and Elsas in the audience last night. Oh, the good old days before Frozen:laughing:. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about seeing it. Just be warned if you don't care for Frozen. In other news, we are about 48 days out!

Hi Katie! We are going in November as well, but it looks like you are starting to head down on day we are heading home. We also live near Charlotte (small world)! We are heading down on the evening of 11/14 and driving part of the way (staying in GA) and then finishing up the drive on 11/15. We will head home on 11/20.

Looking forward to following along with your PTR. :)

Glad you're happy with your FP's! We did ours on the 21st and got everything we wanted, including 7DMT twice :thumbsup2Also redid our park days and I'm noticing we'll be in the same park as you on the 22nd (Epcot) and the 25th (MK) :)

Not related to our Disney trips, but I'm driving from NY to Georgia on Thurs. so I'll be driving through your state for a bit!

We will be there the same time as you! We arrive on the 19th and leave on the 28th. We have many of the same days planned in the parks.

Chapter Five: And So it Begins
WE'RE LEAVING FOR DISNEY TOMORROW!!!!! :jumping1::hyper::dance3:I'm so excited I can't handle it. We got our Magic Bands several weeks ago and finalized everything. I've got a trip journal ready to write in. My mom's picking us up from school tomorrow so we can get home asap. We'll use the restroom and pack a few last minute things and then get on the road! Tomorrow's probably gonna drag by but I'll just dream of Disney. See you for my TR real soon. I'll post that link as soon as the first post is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter