Thanksgiving dining?

1slowdaddy

Earning My Ears
I know this is way off schedule! But, pardon my OCD. We will be staying at WDW during Thanksgiving this year. Where onsite would be good places to have Thanksgiving dinner? Are there any restaurants that have "special" Thanksgiving meals? We will be staying at the Beach Club and most likely will not be on the dining plan. Thanks in advance for the advice.

1) I like good food at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
2) But, I also want a different atmosphere.
3) So, I have an off-the-wall and out-of-the-way favorite.

4) Trail's End Thanksgiving & Christmas Lunch/Dinner Buffet
2012 prices - Adult: $28.75, Child: $15.97 (tax included)
. . . Seafood Bisque
. . . Hearty Vegetable Soup
. . . Salad Bar with Mixed Greens
. . . Garden Vegetables
. . . Carved Smoked Turkey Breast
. . . Mustard-glazed Ham
. . . Fried Chicken
. . . BBQ Pork Ribs
. . . Baked Salmon with Cranberry-Orange Butter
. . . Pasta with Cannellini Bean Sauce
. . . Country-style Green Beans
. . . Steamed Buttered Broccoli
. . . Butternut Squash with Cranberries
. . . Mashed Potatoes
. . . Corn Bread Stuffing
. . . Pumpkin Pie
. . . Pecan Pie
. . . Red Velvet Cake
. . . Soft Serve Ice Cream
. . . Non-Alcoholic or Non-Specialty Beverage included

NOTE:
There are several WDW eateries with traditional Thanksgiving
and Christmas food. I don't think there are any bad choices.
Turkey is pretty much turkey, and I can get that at home. So,
I go for atmosphere I can't get at home. Fort Wilderness fits
the bill perfectly. PLUS, the price is right.

Most people usually say Liberty tree in the MK because it always serves turkey, dressing, etc.

We spent Thanksgiving at WDW a couple of times, 2 & 3 years ago. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Fresh at the Dolphin. Very good but I would only go if I was staying in that area.

The second time we ate at Boma at AKL. It was great and my whole party agreed we would go back again. The turkey was super juicy, the sides were good, and there were plenty of regular Boma dishes too.

We were there a few days after thanksgiving this past year and we went to Liberty TreeTavern and found it was really good! It's got your traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed pt, veggies, salad & bread. It's a def must do some point on our next trip!

thanks for posting this. we will hopefully be in Disney for thanksgiving this year too and are already thinking about where to eat too.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Full List of Thanksgiving meals:

THANKSGIVING SPECIAL DINING MEALS:
. . . Tusker House
. . . Hollywood Brown Derby
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . 50' Prime Time
. . . Akershus
. . . Biergarten
. . . Coral Reef
. . . Garden Grill
. . . LeCellier
. . . Rose & Crown
. . . Liberty Tree Tavern
. . . Tony's Town Square
. . . Jiko
. . . Sanaa
. . . Cape may Cafe
. . . Flying Fish
. . . Kouxzzina
. . . California Grill
. . . Chef Mickey's
. . . The Wave
. . . Citricos
. . . Narcoossee's
. . . Victori & Albert's
. . . Kona Cafe
. . . Turf Club
. . . Artist Point
. . . Whisperoing Canyon Cafe
. . . Captains Grille
. . . Yachtsman Steal House
. . . Fulton's Crab House
. . . Portebello
. . . Raglan Road
. . . Wolfgang Puck Cafe

I would go with Liberty Tree tavern for one reason -- they do a Thanksgiving type meal 365 days a year and do it right.

We ate at Coral Reef this past Thanksgiving and they had an awesome meal! And the pumpkin pie was the best I ever had!

Thanks for the input. My wife and I would be okay with less traditional, but our 11 y.o. son hates breaking with tradition. Liberty Tree may be a good choice. It looks like there are plenty of options from which to choose, though.

In 2011 we had Thanksgiving dinner at 50's Prime Time & it was great. So much so that my picky DH has requested it for this year's Thanksgiving meal (we were home for 2012 TG).

They offered a traditional meal along with their regular menu.

Long time lurker...first time poster :wave2: We are going this year for Thanksgiving as well and DH wants buffet - I was thinking Crystal Palace? Any thoughts on this or suggestions for other buffets? Thanks!

We'll be there over Thanksgiving too. Our plan is to eat at Trail's End, but I wondered about the Wave. Is that a buffet or a la carte?

I would consider Tusker House for a buffet too. I bet it had a lot of good variety in addition to the traditional turkey and stuff!

If you want to eat quick service, you can't beat the Holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich :thumbsup2 Best sandwich on property :lmao:

We've done the past 4 thanksgivings at disney. We always prefer a buffet. Have done Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, Cape May and Captain's Grill.

Cape May was great - Captain's Grill enjoyed this past year - but they had NOOOO dark meat :(

I know this is way off schedule! But, pardon my OCD. We will be staying at WDW during Thanksgiving this year. Where onsite would be good places to have Thanksgiving dinner? Are there any restaurants that have "special" Thanksgiving meals? We will be staying at the Beach Club and most likely will not be on the dining plan. Thanks in advance for the advice.

The best 2 TD meals I had were at THE CAPE MAY CAFE;) at THE BEACH CLUB.
You're staying there- PERFECT!! I've found that TD is a great day to take it easy with sleeping in, pooltime, TD meal, maybe DD for a movie and/or shopping. If parktime is a must-do, save it for evening, go to HS and see the Osbourne Family Lights!

I've done Thanksgiving at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney.
They do a traditional turkey dinner with the trimmings.
pumpkin bread pudding as well.
They also have their standard dinner menu available.
Plus you get the lord of the dance type show while you are there.

very delicious restaurant.

Jeanieblue114 said:
I've done Thanksgiving at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney.
They do a traditional turkey dinner with the trimmings.
pumpkin bread pudding as well.
They also have their standard dinner menu available.
Plus you get the lord of the dance type show while you are there.

very delicious restaurant.

Pumpkin bread pudding sounds amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter