• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Day Meal

betsywdw

DIS Veteran
We were at WDW last Thanksgiving and it was a last minute trip so we had our meal at the Turf Club. Going back this year and would love to hear where you have had your favorite Thanksgiving meal? Thanks!

We had one at Artist Point at the WL one year and it was great! Regis Philbin was there dining with his family too so that was a little added excitement.

We're eating at Trail's End this year at 7:30, then will go out on the beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant at 9:45 and Wishes at 10. Perfect!

We're eating at Trail's End this year at 7:30, then will go out on the beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant at 9:45 and Wishes at 10. Perfect!
Trails End never popped into my head! Do they do a traditional Thanksgiving meal?

The only time we've had Thanksgiving Dinner at WDW, we ate at Chef Mickey's. And you know what? It was great! My dh really doesn't care for turkey, and the fixings, so he got to eat what he liked, I was able to have a full turkey dinner, and dd was able to pick away at the kids offerings! It was so nice that dh has asked to have Thanksgiving with Mickey again, this year. But, with the ADR system the way it's been, CMs hasn't been an option. So, I'm going with Artist Point. Love this restaurant...hopefully they will offer turkey!

My family has done Thanksgiving for the past 7 years (except last year - went to Disneyland for the first time)

some of the places we had dinner at: Ohana, Olivia's, 50's Prime Time, Boatwrights, Flying Fish and Captain's Grille
One thing we have notices through the years is that most places will have traditional dinners as well as normal fare so don't worry that dinner won't be traditional

We have reservations for Boma on Thanksgiving day at 5:30. I'm planning on eating and then goung out again for the evening stuff at AK. We're staying at AKL so I figured we would try it!

We did 'Ohana last year, and had such a great time! We watched Wishes from our table before going back to MK late night.

Thanks so much for the great responses! It looks like we should easily be able to pick a place and have a traditional meal!

We had our Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May 2 years ago. It was delicious!

Thank you for starting this thread. We just booked Thanksgiving today and aren't thrilled with what we got (nearly everything was gone at 6am). We have
Mickey's Backyard Thanksgiving Feast but it seems so far away and will take a really long time to get to. I just wanted something off the monorail, not even fancy, but no luck. I'll keep checking back, I guess.

We just booked Thanksgiving today and aren't thrilled with what we got (nearly everything was gone at 6am).

Did you try to book by phone? I tried to book my 3 top choices online this morning and then realized many times weren't even listed as choices to begin with. I called in and asked for Thanksgiving dining and got exactly what I wanted.

Did you try to book by phone? I tried to book my 3 top choices online this morning and then realized many times weren't even listed as choices to begin with. I called in and asked for Thanksgiving dining and got exactly what I wanted.
Really??? Calling now.

Do you mind if I asked what you booked?

Do you mind if I asked what you booked?

I booked Whispering Canyon Café. I had also tried Captain's Grill and Grand Floridian Café online this AM with no times even as options, so I think they are choices as well. I just asked the cast member by phone when and how I could book for Thanksgiving. She asked which I wanted and said she'd see if it was on the Thanksgiving Dining List. I didn't ask for the other options since Whispering Canyon was my first choice.

I booked Whispering Canyon Café. I had also tried Captain's Grill and Grand Floridian Café online this AM with no times even as options, so I think they are choices as well. I just asked the cast member by phone when and how I could book for Thanksgiving. She asked which I wanted and said she'd see if it was on the Thanksgiving Dining List. I didn't ask for the other options since Whispering Canyon was my first choice.
Well, great minds think alike! I wanted those same ones. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter