Thanksgiving at Universal Orlando

Pooh Fan

Mouseketeer
We will be staying Club Level at Royal Pacific Resort November 37-30. I have been looking at the Universal website and can't find if there are any Thanksgiving Day activities. We would like to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal and I am trying to see if we need to go offsite in order to do that. Anyone know if Universal has a traditional Thanksgiving meal?

I believe all three resorts have a Thanksgiving buffet. We will also be at RPR over Thanksgiving also and I just made our reservations for the Island Dining Room Thanksgiving Buffet. You need to call 407-503-3200. Then be very specific about wanting the Island Room Thanksgiving Buffet. It took about 30minutes of calling, transferring and explaining for me to get the reservation. They kept telling met to go to tixdotcom to reserve, but that is not correct for the dining room Buffets. The tixdotcom is for a special event they are having at the Portofino - there was some serious confusion about this! You just go through the concierge to reserve the regular hotel buffets. The RPR's buffet is $54 for 10 and up, $24 for 3-9 and under 3 is free. You have to hold the reservation with a credit card and give 48 hours notice to cancel. I hope you have an easier time than I did!

Thank you for responding! I knew there had to be something being done for Thanksgiving dinner. Here's to hoping that I get someone who knows what they are doing so it is easier than what you went through. Enjoy your holiday with your family! I am looking forward to our first Thanksgiving in Orlando! (We usually go for Christmas.)

just spoke to the concierge at Portofino Bay. Their big meal thing is a Thanksgiving Play featuring the first Thanksgiving meal. Then they have the traditional buffet all day as well as a plated meal at Mama Dellas. I'm waiting for her to email me the menus for all three.

I'm pretty sure that play meal at the Portofino was what the concierge at the RPR was trying to get me to sign up for. It started at 4:30 and you had to book it through an external website. I hope you get the menus. I asked the RPR concierge to send me the menu for the Island Buffet, but she didn't. I don't think they are really on top of this Thanksgiving situation - at least not at RPR. I think it's pretty odd because I've spent the last 5 Thanksgivings in Cancun, Mexico and never had this kind of trouble getting information and reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. It's funny that another country is better at organizing an American tradition!:)

I'm pretty sure that play meal at the Portofino was what the concierge at the RPR was trying to get me to sign up for. It started at 4:30 and you had to book it through an external website. I hope you get the menus. I asked the RPR concierge to send me the menu for the Island Buffet, but she didn't. I don't think they are really on top of this Thanksgiving situation - at least not at RPR. I think it's pretty odd because I've spent the last 5 Thanksgivings in Cancun, Mexico and never had this kind of trouble getting information and reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. It's funny that another country is better at organizing an American tradition!:)

I'm still waiting.......grrrr....... When we were at the Polynesian two weeks ago I filled out a form to request a recipe for the 'Ohana salad dressing (the new one). Still haven't received that either :(

I'll try to call again in a little while. I think we will probably try to do one of the buffets around lunch time (our traditional Thanksgiving meal time a home). I would just really like to see all of them as I think that the RPR one is different.

I'll try to call again in a little while. I think we will probably try to do one of the buffets around lunch time (our traditional Thanksgiving meal time a home). I would just really like to see all of them as I think that the RPR one is different.

I think the PBH has Italian food and the RPR has an Asian food as addition to the normal Thanksgiving foods. I'm not sure what the HRH has in addition to the normal Thanksgiving fair.

Both of my kids love Asian food, so RPR is a better fit for us. My DS does not like Italian food that much.

I think the PBH has Italian food and the RPR has an Asian food as addition to the normal Thanksgiving foods. I'm not sure what the HRH has in addition to the normal Thanksgiving fair.

Both of my kids love Asian food, so RPR is a better fit for us. My DS does not like Italian food that much.

I'm thinking that the RPR one sounds good too. This was put up regarding last year:
*********************************/universal/thanksgiving-2013/

well, I guess DIS doesn't like competitors sites.

Thanksgiving 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 is still a ways away. Until we get closer and Universal releases specific details for the 2013 festivities, keep reading below for a look back at 2012.

Thanksgiving at Universal Orlando
The Universal Orlando theme parks and Universal CityWalk do not do anything out of the ordinary for Thanksgiving (other than have extended park hours because of how busy Thanksgiving weekend is  see our Universal Orlando crowd calendar). However, Thanksgiving is celebrated at Universals three on-site hotels: Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, and Portofino Bay Hotel.

Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort kick off the Holiday Season with Thanksgiving Celebrations
An All-New Joyful Tribute to the First Thanksgiving Features Pilgrims and Native Americans

The on-site hotels at Universal Orlando are featuring a new lineup of Thanksgiving celebrations for 2012. From a new, one-of-a-kind outdoor dinner event with Pilgrims and Native Americans, plus holiday buffets to a tree-lighting luau, beer dinner, and Holiday Harbor Nights, the resorts will glisten with holiday decorations and the spirit of the season.

Beer Dinner in Jakes American Bar  Royal Pacific Resort
Royal Pacific Resort hosts a special beer dinner on Wednesday, November 21 to kick off the holiday weekend. Guests will enjoy a four-course meal, paired with select Kona beers. For reservations, call 407-503-3200.

All-new Celebration of the first Thanksgiving feast  Portofino Bay Hotel
Portofino Bay Hotel will offer two seatings harborside on Thanksgiving evening, at 5:30 and 8:30pm, for a new outdoor celebration of the first Thanksgiving feast. Pilgrims and Native Americans will entertain, while a traditional Thanksgiving feast of turkey and all the trimmings is served. Storytelling, crafts, face painters, traditional drumming and dancing will keep children entertained. For reservations and more information, call 407-503-1200.

$48 for adult, $20 for children 12  4 (3 & under complimentary).

Thanksgiving Day buffets
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel  Trattoria del Porto
A champagne buffet will be served from 11:00am  8:00pm on Thanksgiving Day, featuring smoked salmon, chilled seafood, pasta station, herb-basted turkey, smoked beef brisket, seared scallops and slow-braised pork, plus a signature dessert station. Entertainment will include a strolling musician, Universal Orlando characters, face painter and balloon twister.

$58 for adult, $24 for children 12  4 (3 & under complimentary).

For dining reservations, call 407-503-DINE (3463) or book online through OpenTable: ***************/OTPTDP

Hard Rock Hotel  The Kitchen restaurant
A Thanksgiving Day buffet will be offered from 11:00am  4:00pm and 5:00  10:00pm, featuring a chilled shellfish bar, sage and butter-basted turkey, smoked ham, oak-smoked prime rib roast and cedar plank salmon, plus traditional side dishes, salads, soup and desserts. Entertainment will feature Universal Orlando characters, magic man, face painter and a balloon artist.

Adults $54, children $20 (3 and under complimentary).

For dining reservations, call 407-503-DINE (3463) or book online through OpenTable: ***************/OTHKIT

Loews Royal Pacific Resort  Islands Dining Room
A champagne buffet will be served from 11:00am  8:00pm on Thanksgiving Day, featuring smoked seafood, iced raw bar, sushi, stir fry and omelet stations, maple-brined roasted Carolina turkey, prime rib of beef, pan-seared red drum and stuffed squab, along with freshly baked breads, pastries, cakes and pies. Entertainment will feature Universal Orlando characters, face painter, balloon twister and hula dancers.

$54 for adult, $24 for children 12  4 (3 & under complimentary).

For dining reservations, call 407-503-DINE (3463) or book on-line through OpenTable: ***************/OTRIDR

After Thanksgiving
Portofino Bay Hotel will host Holiday Harbor Nights, a wine and food event on the Harbor Piazza, featuring holiday jazz and the grand illumination of Portofinos Christmas tree. Advance tickets are available at: http://loewshotels.tix.com.

Royal Pacific Resort will host a special tree-lighting Wantilan Luau, featuring a traditional Polynesian buffet, live entertainment, hula dancers and a fire knife dancer. For reservations, call 407-503-DINE (3463) or reserve online.

Robin -
Thanks, that was really great info! I'm now very sure we picked the right buffet.

I really wish that they had sent me the menus like they said that they were! I agree that the Islands one looks really good, although the one at the trattoria would be more convenient. Keep in mind too that these were the 2012 offerings and pricing, I figure this year will be e ben pricier!!

we have done the trattoria thanksgiving buffet the last three years and it

is amazing! best buffet we have ever done. i would definately make

reservations in advance if going. be sure to use AAA for discount it you have

one.

we have done the trattoria thanksgiving buffet the last three years and it

is amazing! best buffet we have ever done. i would definately make

reservations in advance if going. be sure to use AAA for discount it you have

one.

thank you for this info and for reminding me to use my AAA discount!

Update.... Called back to the concierge and spoke with Sean, who kept me on the phone while he emailed the menus to me. I have them as PDF documents if anyone is interested. Bad news.... for a family of four you're looking at close to $250-300 for a Thanksgiving buffet!

It sure does get expensive when your kids are no longer "kids"! We have been traveling over Thanksgiving break for the last 5 years and I found it pretty typical for Thanksgiving buffets to be around $50 per adult at any up-scale hotel. I think the Ritz Carlton can run like $65 or more per adult.

It sure does get expensive when your kids are no longer "kids"! We have been traveling over Thanksgiving break for the last 5 years and I found it pretty typical for Thanksgiving buffets to be around $50 per adult at any up-scale hotel. I think the Ritz Carlton can run like $65 or more per adult.

I did a Google search and found a listing of hotels from a year or two back. The Waldorf Astoria was running $90 a person :eek:

The more I look at these menus I really don't think they will warrant our paying a minimum of $200 when I have two teenaged girls that eat like birds. Probably will venture offsite to find something that day

rcraw-- I am wondering if you can forward me the menus Universal just send you. Email me. Thank you so much!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter