• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Texas Dismeet

The Palace would be great! It's a great refurbished theater. The only thing is that they won't be able to do it Saturdays since they have the Opry there every Saturday evening.

Cool. I will call both the Texas Room and the Palace tomorrow and see what they say. I wonder if the Palace could do a Sunday afternoon?

I have also put a feeler out to Pete about him and Walter maybe coming. I know their Fall travel schedule is horrendous so who knows what he will say. I'm thinking shooting for sometime the end of September might be good? I have a kiddo starting driver's ed in a week and have to get through back to school. So if I continue to be involved in the planning I wouldn't really be able to pull something off before the end of August.

Just rambling here...I am hoping maybe I will hear back in the affirmative from Pete with some dates that would work for him and then we could go from there?

I would really like to see the Texas DISMeet more central to everyone in Texas, Like Austin or San Antonio. I think that would appeal more of the state than just the Dallas crowd.

I'll call the Gristmill and Becker Vinyards in the AM.

I would really like to see the Texas DISMeet more central to everyone in Texas, Like Austin or San Antonio. I think that would appeal more of the state than just the Dallas crowd.

I think that we're talking about doing a specific one just for those in North Texas and then having another one for the whole state. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that we're talking about doing a specific one just for those in North Texas and then having another one for the whole state. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we should concentrate on one big "Texas" Dis Meet that is Central to the state. :thumbsup2

I'm not exactly sure what the big deal is. If this is for a charity, does it really matter if there's one for the Dallas area and then one for the whole state that people from Dallas would go to as well? If someone can't make the big one for our great state, but could make it whenever there's a regional one, does it really matter? Besides, how is Austin centrally located for people in El Paso or the Panhandle? Are you saying that they can't have their own DISmeet?

I am more than happy to work with anyone who is interested in a meet in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. With a school age child I am just not able to travel to other parts of the state at this time of year. We have commitments leading up to the beginning of school and then of course school itself.

I certainly feel that Texas is large and spread out enough that it wouldn't be odd to have meets in several locations. But I will, of course, be happy to step aside if one large meet in a more central location is determined to be more desirable.

I'm not exactly sure what the big deal is. If this is for a charity, does it really matter if there's one for the Dallas area and then one for the whole state that people from Dallas would go to as well? If someone can't make the big one for our great state, but could make it whenever there's a regional one, does it really matter? Besides, how is Austin centrally located for people in El Paso or the Panhandle? Are you saying that they can't have their own DISmeet?

There is no big deal. :thumbsup2 The thread was about a TEXAS Dis Meet and trying to include more folks than in just the DFW area would be fantastic. Austin is much more Central to South Texas and North Texas. If we wanted to be exactly central, we would meet is Brownwood. I am just trying to be representative of those of us that are not central to DFW. I thought we were discussing possible locations for a singular Dismeet. Sorry for any confusion. :confused3

hall.jpg
gristmill.jpg

LuncheonBeckerVineyards.jpg

I will check out the above pictured locations. I will also get some feelers out for potential "goods" donors. (This could be a great tie-in with Oktoberfest!!) :thumbsup2

The purpose of this thread was to discuss a possible Texas meet. I don't see anyone refusing multiple meets anywhere in this thread or insisting a meet should be done in one particular way. Because the intent was to enjoy time together while raising money for charity, I think all energy should be positive and upbeat. After organizing several DIS meets in NJ, I know that this makes it a much more pleasant experience. :)

Austin or even Waco seems like a CENTRAL area and one that everyone should be able to get to pretty quickly.

I'm in for a Texas meet. :thumbsup2

Austin or even Waco seems like a CENTRAL area and one that everyone should be able to get to pretty quickly.

I'm in for a Texas meet. :thumbsup2

I absolutely want to go to a TX Dis meet but I think there was talk of doing more regional ones because for some, like me, up in the Panhandle, Austin or Waco is not quick to get to at all. Like others have said, it's for charity so surely we can plan in the spirit of helping GKTW! :)

thanks for calling! I am the op of this thread and live in the dfw area and would love to help plan but am probably better as a side kick since I've never done anything like this. Maybe we can organize together?

Sooooo I just hung up the phone with a deli in Grapevine (Weinberger Deli). I explained to him who we are and what we are doing and asked if maybe they have an area that we could host a lunch at.

He was very interested in our little group and has offered to donate the sandwiches to our gathering. It turns out that he is also on the board of the Chamber of Commerce and said he would be more than happy to speak with the Chamber and see if he can get us some publicity with other owners there in town and get items donated for a silent auction. He said his deli only seats 48 but he gave me the names and contacts of a few locations close by that could accommodate a larger group and he felt for sure we could get them to donate the space.

Does this appeal to anyone?

I'm up for a meet, especially to help GKTW. I'd be more available for a North TX meet, too.

After reading through the reponses so far it appears that people might be open to several DisMeets in Texas. As people pointed out this is for charity so hey the more the merrier.

To make things easier I am going to start a new thread titled North Texas DisMeet. I think this thread is moving towards a large central meet. Which is great! Everyone is more than welcome at any and all of the Meets!

After reading through the reponses so far it appears that people might be open to several DisMeets in Texas. As people pointed out this is for charity so hey the more the merrier.

To make things easier I am going to start a new thread titled North Texas DisMeet. I think this thread is moving towards a large central meet. Which is great! Everyone is more than welcome at any and all of the Meets!

:thumbsup2 Great idea, Suzette!!! Good luck everybody! Let me know if you need any help! :disrocks:

Sooooo I just hung up the phone with a deli in Grapevine (Weinberger Deli). I explained to him who we are and what we are doing and asked if maybe they have an area that we could host a lunch at.

He was very interested in our little group and has offered to donate the sandwiches to our gathering. It turns out that he is also on the board of the Chamber of Commerce and said he would be more than happy to speak with the Chamber and see if he can get us some publicity with other owners there in town and get items donated for a silent auction. He said his deli only seats 48 but he gave me the names and contacts of a few locations close by that could accommodate a larger group and he felt for sure we could get them to donate the space.

Does this appeal to anyone?

Wow- great work!!!

I'll call the Gristmill and Becker Vinyards in the AM.

Those are Both nice locations!

After organizing several DIS meets in NJ, I know that this makes it a much more pleasant experience. :)

Interesting fact:
New Jersey would fit into Texas approx. 30 times. Check square miles for each state and do the division.

Therefore we could, in theory, Have 30 Meets for every NJ meet! Granted that some of the meet areas would have a total population of 632...but it they each gave $10....

I think Texas can support more then one meet if we all don't have them on the same day! :dance3:

I'm in the Houston metro-area and would be very interested in it if there was a meet close by. Unfortunately, I've only been in Texas for 2 1/2 months, so I'm not very familiar with the area yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter