Test Track NOT open at rope drop??

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
Help us out folks. While helping someone plan on another thread, it was mentioned that TT often does not open until 15-20 min after rope drop due to technical difficultie.s, thus creating a very long line/wait by the time it does open Has anyone experienced this? How often is this true? If it's more the rule than the exception, that plays a huge part in planning a day at EP.

Well, it is supposed to open at rope drop...but TT is notorious for having problems all throughout the day. Delays are pretty normal there. There's really no way to know when they will hit. Fortunately, the temporary closures usually do not last too long.

It's operating at rope drop more than it's not, but if a delay due to some sort of malfunction totally messes up your day and you can plan around it then you should do it. Nobody can predict a closure like that so either leave flexibility in case the attraction is down at RD or schedule a FP and RD something else.

Going to the world in a week and plan to Rope Drop TT. Will let you know if its a no go.

TT not opening at ropedrop actually helped us last year. Our original plan was to do TT then use our FP for Mission Space but my friend and my brother were running late and missed ropedrop. Since TT wasn't open yet we ended up doing Mission Space twice (once with FP and another without) then when we were done we wandered over to TT to see if it was open. It opened about 30 seconds after we got there. The regular line was really backed up but there was almost no one in the single rider line. Since the regular and FP lines go through the design room they let all the single riders right onto the ride with pretty much no wait.

I am the one that actually mentioned this on various threads yesterday. So just to confirm it is supposed to open at rope drop, but it rarely does. Just to say again on this thread that I asked a number of cast members and they said that within the last two months, there were many days where they have experienced technical difficulties and lines have backed up. They also told me in the future that if you are lucky it will open at rope drop, but they said its not the best idea to count on it. TT does strike me as a ride that will have many breakdowns within the day actually, so I can see why.

So anyway if you plan on doing TT at rope drop, always have a plan B in place. If you are lucky Plan A will work, but never count on it 100%. If you all ride the single rider lines, then there is probably no problem at all, but I am not a fan of breaking up and using the SR lines unless I am actually the only rider.

This kind of thing can happen with a lot of popular attractions.
7DMT - MK
Exp. Everest - DAK
FEA - Epcot
And, less often, TSM - DHS.

This kind of thing can happen with a lot of popular attractions.
7DMT - MK
Exp. Everest - DAK
FEA - Epcot
And, less often, TSM - DHS.

Yeah but it is considerably less, and especially at rope drop. I have seen 7DMT break down a few times, but thats more likely in the middle of the day.

It went down briefly when we were on the rope drop line this past monday. It was not that bad of a wait though aND they still had us go through and create our cars so it helped kill the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter