• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teppan Edu - what’s happened to dinner

Mine also says Tokyo Dining but also Teppan Edo smaller underneath...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 5.14.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 5.14.53 PM.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 24
Teppan Edu dinner menu is still the Tokyo Dining menu.

I guess the menu really has been changed by Disney.

I was assured by a phone cast member that this is just a glitch. But it’s really strange that they haven’t worked it out yet. I guess I’ll find out on Monday.

I was assured by a phone cast member that this is just a glitch. But it’s really strange that they haven’t worked it out yet. I guess I’ll find out on Monday.
Do Cast Members have any information beyond what is available on Disney's website? Whenever I call, they always say they only know what is publicly available to everyone. So, if they are claiming it is a glitch, that is possibly purely speculation.

If they know it for a fact then, yeah, I have to wonder why Disney is incapable of fixing it?

Is anyone going soon (like in the next week soon) that can verify if anything has officially changed?

We will be there in a week… two CMs have told me it’s just a glitch… we’ll see
If that was true, what's stopping Disney from putting the correct menu there? Surely it can't be that hard for them to update the menus associated with their restaurants?

I imagine that this is just some kind of IT glitch. Why would they have you sit at the grill tables but not have the Teppan experience. I definitely would not be cancelling any reservations at this point until we get a definite confirmation that that is what they are doing. With how messed up the IT is, I can easily see this as just a mistake on the menu. How mad at yourself would you be to cancel for no reason because it was just a glitch.

I imagine that this is just some kind of IT glitch. Why would they have you sit at the grill tables but not have the Teppan experience. I definitely would not be cancelling any reservations at this point until we get a definite confirmation that that is what they are doing. With how messed up the IT is, I can easily see this as just a mistake on the menu. How mad at yourself would you be to cancel for no reason because it was just a glitch.
I figured I'd take my chances so that I had the chance to get something decent to replace it. It's either keep it and risk having an experience you weren't actually looking for or cancel and possibly miss the experience but get a better shot at a different experience that you could want instead of scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Either way it's a risk.

My reservation is tomorrow night. I’ll post what happens.
If it is the grill experience, maybe show the staff that the menu is wrong.

Come to think of it: aren't they still giving people the QR code and telling them to view the menu in the app? I imagine the staff must already know, in that case!

I figured I'd take my chances so that I had the chance to get something decent to replace it. It's either keep it and risk having an experience you weren't actually looking for or cancel and possibly miss the experience but get a better shot at a different experience that you could want instead of scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Either way it's a risk.
I just applied logic to this. What is more likely, that Disney has an IT glitch(which we all know that they have a laughable amount of issues), or are they seating people at the Hibachi tables but serving them food from the other restaurant and that they did not notify anyone of this change. To me, that just does not make sense that they would do that, and just for dinner, their busiest time. I am surprised at the amount of panic this has caused people. Not for one second did I think that they changed up the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter