Teppan Edo Question

JediAng

Mouseketeer
So, one of my favorite restaurants to eat at at home is Beni Hana's. My absolute favorite thing is their chicken fried rice! Is Teppan Edo similar to BH? Do they have Fried Rice? If they do, this may be my lunch choice on my EPCOT day, if not, I will probably skip it. I'm super picky, and am not very adventurous when it comes to food, but I know I like fried rice.

Thank you in advance! :)

So, one of my favorite restaurants to eat at at home is Beni Hana's. My absolute favorite thing is their chicken fried rice! Is Teppan Edo similar to BH? Do they have Fried Rice? If they do, this may be my lunch choice on my EPCOT day, if not, I will probably skip it. I'm super picky, and am not very adventurous when it comes to food, but I know I like fried rice.

Thank you in advance! :)

No. Teppan Edo does not serve Fried Rice. Fried Rice is a Chinese food. Teppan Edo is a Japanese restaurant, not Chinese. They serve Sukiaki Beef Rice. You can request steamed white rice.

No. Teppan Edo does not serve Fried Rice. Fried Rice is a Chinese food. Teppan Edo is a Japanese restaurant, not Chinese. They serve Sukiaki Beef Rice. You can request steamed white rice.

Darn. Well thanks for letting me know! Beni Hana's is a "Japanese Steak House" as well, so I thought Teppan Edo might have something similar.
Guess I'm back to the drawing board for my first Lunch choice in EPCOT, then!

Darn. Well thanks for letting me know! Beni Hana's is a "Japanese Steak House" as well, so I thought Teppan Edo might have something similar.
Guess I'm back to the drawing board for my first Lunch choice in EPCOT, then!

But Teppan Edo " strives" to be authentic. Most US Japanese Steakhouses do not.
There are many, many wonderful International restaurants in WS. What do you like?

Just to point out, there are Chinese restaurants in the World Showcase too.

But Teppan Edo " strives" to be authentic. Most US Japanese Steakhouses do not.
There are many, many wonderful International restaurants in WS. What do you like?

I'm super picky. I do like Italian, though. I may look into Tutto Italia Ristorante, or maybe just a good steak at Le Cellier. I have never done either, what would you recommend? I have the deluxe dining plan, trying to make the most out of that! :)

My dinner is definitely going to be at Garden Grill, that is my favorite meal in EPCOT, I'm looking at Akershus for Breakfast, hopefully I will snag a pre park open ADR there :)

Just to point out, there are Chinese restaurants in the World Showcase too.

I have eaten in China in the past, it was not bad, but not my favorite or something I would want to do again. I'm looking to try new experiences this trip. I'm thinking maybe Tutto Italia or Le Cellier at this point. Thanks, though :)

I've never had a bad meal at LeCellier, but don't think it's worth 2 credits on the dining plans. And the last time we ate there, our server more or less ignored us (other than the basics), but was very engaged with the two tables on either side of us, so that kind of soured me on going back. I've eaten at Tutto Italia a couple of times, and had the spaghetti and meatballs each time. My only complaint was the portion size is HUGE (at least for me) - I hate to waste anything, but didn't come close to finishing it.

I would also encourage you to give Teppan Edo a try. While they don't have fried rice, you can get steak, chicken, shrimp, or scallops (or two combined). They come with noodles and veggies, but you can pass on those. As a PP said, they are also served with beef sukiaki rice, but you can request steamed white rice instead (I wasn't a fan of the beef rice). You can also skip the sauces they serve on the side - the meat/seafood is only seasoned with salt and pepper as it's being prepared. My dad is not a fan of Asian food (of any kind), but he asks to go back there each trip, and usually gets filet and skips the other stuff.

I have tried Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia and LeCellier, also Biergarten and Via Napoli. My husband is also very picky but he really likes Teppan
Edo. We usually get the filet mignon as a main entrée and love the Japanese style noodles which comes with it. Rice is pretty blah. If I had to pick between Via Napoli and Tutto Italia, I would choose Via Napoli. They serve a really good Candele pasta dish which is kind of like a stuffed manicotti dish. Also like their tortellini soup as an appetizer. We ate at LeCellier this April and while the filet was pretty good, the meal cost us $300 for three people!!

I've never had a bad meal at LeCellier, but don't think it's worth 2 credits on the dining plans. And the last time we ate there, our server more or less ignored us (other than the basics), but was very engaged with the two tables on either side of us, so that kind of soured me on going back. I've eaten at Tutto Italia a couple of times, and had the spaghetti and meatballs each time. My only complaint was the portion size is HUGE (at least for me) - I hate to waste anything, but didn't come close to finishing it.

I would also encourage you to give Teppan Edo a try. While they don't have fried rice, you can get steak, chicken, shrimp, or scallops (or two combined). They come with noodles and veggies, but you can pass on those. As a PP said, they are also served with beef sukiaki rice, but you can request steamed white rice instead (I wasn't a fan of the beef rice). You can also skip the sauces they serve on the side - the meat/seafood is only seasoned with salt and pepper as it's being prepared. My dad is not a fan of Asian food (of any kind), but he asks to go back there each trip, and usually gets filet and skips the other stuff.

Thanks for the info. I did not realize Le Cellier was two DDP Credits? If I am doing Akershus for Breakfast and Garden Grill for Dinner, that might not work out! Is Tutto Italia only one? That might narrow it down for me, then!

I will still think about Teppan Edo, I do LOVE the grilled shrimp, chicken, and steak at these types of restaurants, but it would've just been nice to have the rice go with it. Not a fan of regular plain rice, or beef rice, the only rice I've ever liked is the kind at beni hana's lol, which is why i wanted to make sure. :)

I have tried Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia and LeCellier, also Biergarten and Via Napoli. My husband is also very picky but he really likes Teppan
Edo. We usually get the filet mignon as a main entrée and love the Japanese style noodles which comes with it. Rice is pretty blah. If I had to pick between Via Napoli and Tutto Italia, I would choose Via Napoli. They serve a really good Candele pasta dish which is kind of like a stuffed manicotti dish. Also like their tortellini soup as an appetizer. We ate at LeCellier this April and while the filet was pretty good, the meal cost us $300 for three people!!

I have actually tried Via Napoli 3 different times. All 3 times I either had a rude waiter, cold food, or a wrong order brought to me, or a combination of the 3. Definitely will not be going back there.

All of these great reviews I'm seeing of TE are making me want to still consider it, even without the fried rice, I DO love the way steak, chicken, and shrimp are cooked at these places. Ugh, SO many choices, hahaha!

My two cents - I would pay OOP (and do every year!) for the Le Cellier Filet Mignon. I skip the overpriced dessert and walk over to the ice cream shop in France and get my favorite - Lemon Meringue. My husband is from Italy and is not a fan of either of the Italian restaurants in the World Showcase. He does love the Beef Sukiyaki rice at Teppan Edo though - even better than normal fried rice.

Just wanted to mention that many ramen restaurants in the US are owned and operated by Japanese natives and strive to be authentic, but they have fried rice on their menu. So to the OP, I think you had a valid question.

As for Teppan Edo, we loved it! Most in my party of 8 (two families of 4) enjoyed the Sukiyaki Beef Rice that came with the meal, but I opted for plain white rice (so did my younger DD and niece). I prefer plain rice to go with foods that already have lots of flavor, so that it balances it out. Otherwise, at least IMO, it gets too salty. I did taste the beef rice, though, and it was good! Teppan Edo was my favorite meal of our entire trip, for the food, atmosphere, show, and the service! It was also our very last meal of our trip. What made it memorable for me was that they had me wear a chef hat and sang Happy Birthday in Japanese. Kind of embarrassing, since I don't like to be the center of attention, but I will admit, it was nice to have my birthday acknowledged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter