Tent Camping in April?

Shanti

Momketeer
I am considering tent camping in mid-April next year. We went to WDW in April this year and the weather was great, but we were in a hotel. What have been people's tent camping experiences at the Fort in mid-April? We wouldn't have an AC unit in our very simple tent- we'd only be there to sleep. We camped in mid-March 2015 and it was a great experience.

Opinions on tent camping in April?

April is a perfect time to camp in Florida! It is usually very nice in April. It can be a little rainy, but not like the summer months. It is a good time to camp in Florida!

We have camped the last two Aprils at Ft. Wilderness. April 2016 was the last week and April 2017 was the first week. Generally the weather was fantastic and we were only rained on for a few hours each trip. This particular April though it got HOT!! Like upper 90s hot for a few days. But that is definitely outside the norm I believe. We did have a fan with us and made it great! I would never hesitate to camp at Disney in April!

I did an April trip a few years ago in loop 100 to follow my kids' high school marching band as they performed down Main Street USA. I remember days were warm (needed AC inside during the day but we were outside mostly) and in the evenings most nights were cool enough to leave the canvas zipped up (we were in my popup) but I distinctly remember one night was warm enough to unzip the ends and let the breeze blow through. The boat whistles, the train whistles, the thump of Epcot fireworks, the EWP - all this sensory sensation comes through a tent or canvas of the popup.

It appears mid-April will be after the Easter crowds (week before and week after), Shanti, so it sound like an ideal time to take a tent trip to the Fort.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter