• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Is the first BG called before the official park opening? If I obtain a BG at 7am from my hotel (RR) and park opens at 9am- when is the first BG?
We had BG #4 on Saturday June 19th. We were called at 9:15.

I have park reservations for today. When I attempted this morning, I was able to select all for my group & hit join, then something came up in red. I wasn’t familiar w/this or what to do next? Anyway, I was not able to get a BG. Will try again at 1:00 but not sure if the red alert or whatever it was will show up & then what to do next.

I have park reservations for today. When I attempted this morning, I was able to select all for my group & hit join, then something came up in red. I wasn’t familiar w/this or what to do next? Anyway, I was not able to get a BG. Will try again at 1:00 but not sure if the red alert or whatever it was will show up & then what to do next.

Oh that stinks! I haven’t seen anything red ever show up for me, so I’m not sure what that would be. Good luck at 1!

Red message means you were unsuccessful (would not have gotten a BG). Your issue was in stopping to select people. Please read post 1 it has all the info on what you should do.

Red message means you were unsuccessful (would not have gotten a BG). Your issue was in stopping to select people. Please read post 1 it has all the info on what you should do.
So there is a way to join without checking select all? The only people listed are the people here with me.

So there is a way to join without checking select all? The only people listed are the people here with me.
If you had a reservation for today for everyone at HS, but no one selected, the system may not have recognized your reservation for whatever reason. You can check with a cm to verify it'll work at 1.

Anyone in your friends and family list with a park reservation for today will automatically be selected by the system. Don't stop to check at 1:00, just click Join, Join, Join.

If you stop to check you will most likely not get a 1 PM BG.

If by small chance only some of you get a BG at 1 PM, stop at one of the blue Guest Assistance umbrellas and they should be able to help you with those who were missed.

PS - To try for 1 PM BG today, all of you must have tapped into the park prior to 1 PM.

Hope you'll be celebrating a successful BG attempt in less than half an hour!!

We will meet one of my daughters and her friends at HS for one day. How do I link my group to try for boarding group and dinning reservations for that one day? We will be at different parks the rest of the trip with different park and dinning reservations. Thanks so much.
Post 1 will help with getting a BG.

To join your tickets together you will need to add them as friends on MDE so that you are all listed together and can try to get a BG together.

Dining reservations can be booked without linking you together, just book the reservations for the total number in your party.

Post 1 will help with getting a BG.

To join your tickets together you will need to add them as friends on MDE so that you are all listed together and can try to get a BG together.

Dining reservations can be booked without linking you together, just book the reservations for the total number in your party.
We are all joined in MDE. This time I won’t select all. My mistake even after reading this entire thread. Just a total lack of sleep after traveling to get here yesterday 😂
I am sitting in the shade at HS getting ready to join…. 🤞

Thank you all for your help and recommendations! Last week we were able to get BG 37 for all 8 of us! We had 4 of us trying and I had the oldest phone and I was the one who got it! I did a wifi test the night before and it said Disney wifi was faster but in the morning I did another test and data was faster by a landslide. So I used data and the AT AT method and it worked! We all oved the ride and were on it before 11!

Something weird happens with my app. When I’m on the AT AT screen and my time changes to 1:00 my screen sort of refreshes (for lack of a better explanation) so when I hit join it doesn’t register and I have to hit it again. I can get the same effect by hitting join then the back button. The ad below the AT AT switches between photopass and Disney Visa. I can’t hit join until the ad switches or it won’t register. Is this just a glitch on my phone ?

I have only practiced a few times at 7:00. But I have been 100% successful using only time.gov and "join, join, join". I will do more day of (close programs, test data vs. Wifi, reboot phone), but those haven't seemed necessary so far. (For 1:00 practices, I have always gotten through multiple times.)

Something weird happens with my app. When I’m on the AT AT screen and my time changes to 1:00 my screen sort of refreshes (for lack of a better explanation) so when I hit join it doesn’t register and I have to hit it again. I can get the same effect by hitting join then the back button. The ad below the AT AT switches between photopass and Disney Visa. I can’t hit join until the ad switches or it won’t register. Is this just a glitch on my phone ?

The other route, which I have been practicing, is to use your profile page to join.

To get ready, click the three-bar menu in the bottom right to access your profile page, then choose Virtual Queues.

On your My Queues page, the Join Virtual Queues button is identical to the AT-AT Join button, as it takes you to the RotR page.

At 7:00am or 1:00pm, click Join Virtual Queues-Join-Join.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter