• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me your must have item with a baby

LMO429

DIS Veteran
Hi Tell me your best products that help you at Disney with a baby?

Best Diaper Back pack?

Best Bowl/Spoons etc for eating?

any tips for room arrangements in a standard room at disney?

best cooler?

any other best or must have or out of the box item you would like to share to make my first time with a baby (1 year old) would be appreciated!

We have the JuJuBe Be Right back diaper bag and love it!!! I would suggest spending the extra $25 for the stroller clips though, we wished we had and will be ordering those, lol

We did not bring bowls or spoons, he just ate off the plates at the restaurants (under careful supervision of course).

Our cooler is an accessory to our City Mini GT and attaches to the stroller which is quite convenient.

We have the JuJuBe Be Right back diaper bag and love it!!! I would suggest spending the extra $25 for the stroller clips though, we wished we had and will be ordering those, lol

We did not bring bowls or spoons, he just ate off the plates at the restaurants (under careful supervision of course).

Our cooler is an accessory to our City Mini GT and attaches to the stroller which is quite convenient.

can u attach that backpack to city mini without it tipping over???

I loved my vera bradley backpack baby bad. It's nice and big, has the soft changing pad.

We used take and toss spoons, bowls, and sippy cups, just so I could recycle as I needed to.

I loved my vera bradley backpack baby bad. It's nice and big, has the soft changing pad.

We used take and toss spoons, bowls, and sippy cups, just so I could recycle as I needed to.
do you have a brand name of the toss spoons etc

i currently have the fisher price easy find diaper back just wondering which one people prefer

Hi Tell me your best products that help you at Disney with a baby?

Best Diaper Back pack?

Best Bowl/Spoons etc for eating?

any tips for room arrangements in a standard room at disney?

best cooler?

any other best or must have or out of the box item you would like to share to make my first time with a baby (1 year old) would be appreciated!

The thing that I found most useful when we brought our infant/toddler was a sling or Baby Bjorn style carrier. It made it much easier to carry him around when he wasn't in the stroller and contain him and keep him happy when we were in line (Esp. when he was sleeping).

Bring your own food! If your 1 year old is still on baby food/pouches, the selection at Disney is severely limited. Bring pouches and snacks that your baby is used to.

I don't know what kiddo is doing yet...

Baby carrier. The strollers can't go everywhere and for me at least it was easier to wear a baby then to carry one. She also took naps in her carrier more then she did in the stroller.

For the diaper bag I would use a backpack. This is mostly because I like to baby wear (with my Tula). It is just easier to take a backpack with me when I wear my kid then to have something else to carry in my hands.

The first time we went I was EBF, the second time she had bottles with formula as well as some solids. I like having the disposable placemats that stick to the tables, a bib with a pouch to catch food that falls and really cheap plastic spoons that if we lost them it wouldn't be a big deal. I also brought some pouches, puff, etc. When we sat down to eat she would eat off our plates.

Bottles of water. If you baby is on formula it is easier to have a bottle of water to fill and clean the bottles then it is to always go somewhere to get water and much less expensive then buying water.

This trip my kid will also be 1. This trip I am also planning on taking some small toys for her to play with while waiting.

I loved the disposable place mats that stick to the table. We also used the take and toss spoons.

When we stayed at port Orleans we put the crib behind the curtain in the sink area. In other rooms we have put the crib against a wall and used a sound machine to help drown out any noise we would make in the room.

When I was there with my 13 month old our most used items were:
1) stroller (he was a big boy, and we weren't accustomed to using a carrier with him - also he had just started walking)
2) TONS of baby wipes. Sticky hands from snacks. Touching things totally inappropriate all over everywhere. Sunscreen in eyes, random scrapes...used so many!
3) Pacifier (while we quit cold turkey right after returning home, we kept using them until the trip and boy was I happy - it really helped him calm down during shows etc)
4) Take and Toss Sippy Cups
5) Diapers and a change of clothes. First is obvious, second was a lifesaver in the middle of AK when the unexpected blowout occurred!
6) Snacks - we took stuff he was used to and liked already - goldfish, granola bars, applesauce pouches.
7) Ziploc bags - for dirty diapers, dirty clothes, dirty sippy cups, things we wanted to keep dry, so many uses!
8) Disposable placemats and disposable bibs. For one week, I was not so environmentally friendly but man they were lightweight and easy.

We stuck everything in a backpack and whoever was minding baby had the pack. Bonus points that we could cram in his older sisters toys and some souvenirs and water and sunblock and all that good stuff.

Hands-down the must have for us was the baby carrier. We love the ergo, but whatever one works for you is fine. There will be a ton of time when you can't have the stroller, and strapping the kid into the ergo was a life saver!

I love bringing my 31 backpack...it has 1 strap and goes across your body. It's perfect for snacks, binkys, or anything small & portable. My husband brings a regular backpack for all of our larger items (water bottles, souvenirs, etc.) I also pack plastic placemats for when my daughter eats. The sides are sticky so she can't move it, then once she finishes eating we can peel it off the table and toss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter