Tell Me Why I Should Buy a Direct Add On

Along the lines of this thinking, you could always purchase a contract that has the total number of points you are looking for and then sell your contract. So, for example, if you have 160 points, then you can look to purchase a 200 or 210 point contract and then sell off your 160. Without getting into too much detail, the economics could be quite favorable based on how many points the contract has, what kind of price you can negotiate, etc., but you would definitely want to crunch the numbers based on specific contract details.

Two variables that I can think of off the top of my head that could negatively impact this strategy are potential tax implications from the sale of your original contract (consult your accountant) and the fact that this move could put pressure on cash flow depending on your situation (which is none of my business). But the end result would be your having the desired number of points and UY without having to pay a premium for a direct add-on or waiting for the white whale that is a 50 point BWV contract with the proper use year. Good luck finding what you want!
This strategy would not work though, if the original contract was "grandfathered" in to the benefits.

This strategy would not work though, if the original contract was "grandfathered" in to the benefits.
Good point. I was looking at the points requirement and did not consider the member card. If that's an issue then you are correct, it won't work. Thanks for pointing that out!

I'd personally wait for resale if it works for you. Since you already have the blue card, you're not really going to lose out by going resale.

This is coming from the one who stalked the resale page sites until I found a $64 pp/150 point contract at OKW for almost 6 months.

So, for about $2800 you get exactly what you want now. So, even if you take that over 10 years, you are paying an extra $280/year for what you want vs. having to potentially get something you don't want. Yes, buying through resale may give you more points for the same cost, but if you don't want those points, and don't want to have MF's on more points than you really want, I say that in this case, going direct makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter