Tell me what you love about Boulder Ridge Villas!

The seclusion from the hustle & bustle of WDW is certainly one of the main draws for BRV, and in fact for the entire Wilderness Lodge campus which includes Boulder Ridge, Copper Creek Villas and the Wilderness Lodge resort hotel. The theming is impeccable and the immersive experience of being in the great Northwest is carried throughout the resort...you won't see any palm trees on this property!

One thing I should point out is that Boulder Ridge is the second smallest DVC resort at WDW. Only the original Grand Floridian Villas have fewer units. So a very common view request at BRV is to be on the lake side of the resort. But half of the villas at this resort are on the "bus stop" side of the resort which is a bit of a misnomer since it is set back a good distance from the bus stop and the views are primarily of trees on that side (befitting the theming of the resort). So half of the villas at the resort will be "woods view" only. Also, even on the lake side of the resort, many of the views (especially the lower floors) will be primarily of trees as the view to the lake becomes smaller and smaller each year as the trees grow. So bottom line, I wouldn't get too concerned about the view at all as that is not the primary attraction of the resort. The good news about being so small is that even the furthest villa from the elevators is a relatively quick walk down the main hallway.

In addition to the theming, Geyser Point bar & grill is one of the best bars at WDW. No, it doesn't have a theme park view but it is an open air setting on the shore of Bay Lake with a nice breeze typically coming in off the lake. Just a great setting to relax for a while.
I never did understand why there were not two booking categories for BR, lake and the other side, woods/parking lot. They are definitely not equal. As you said one is not really that much different to the trees but to me very different in the noise level.

Stayed at WL many times but it's the first time for DVC. I just booked a 1 BR with points for Christmas week and it's been a bucket list item for quite some time now. As far as I'm concerned it's the place to stay during the holidays. I just love the theming and those little cozy nooks you can find in the main lobby. I've yet to explore the DVC lobby so I'm looking forward to that.

I never did understand why there were not two booking categories for BR, lake and the other side, woods/parking lot. They are definitely not equal. As you said one is not really that much different to the trees but to me very different in the noise level.
Even though I've only been assigned the lakeside once while always requesting.....and the view was trees....I'm happy they did not seperate into 2 different booking categories. Especially in small resorts like BRV it causes too many stranded dates. It's easier for members to get a continuous stay booked when there are not categories beyond room size.

I love WL/BRV - it’s the best at Christmas - My favorite thing is the walkway between the lobby and the villas -especially listening to the crickets at night (I know they’re not ‘real’ - but I just love it)…

We never actually stayed at BRV before, but been there enough times (and dining) that we fell in love with it, and bought a resale contract there! HA! Geyser Point is probably one of the top spots where most people like to hang out.

We are going to stay there for first time in July (we love fireworks!)… a couple of questions please:
- is it better with a car (similar to SSR or AkV) or can we rely on bus?
- MK fireworks can be seen from the resort?
- is it possible to go to the 4th of July golf carts parade?

Thanks!

The seclusion from the hustle & bustle of WDW is certainly one of the main draws for BRV, and in fact for the entire Wilderness Lodge campus which includes Boulder Ridge, Copper Creek Villas and the Wilderness Lodge resort hotel. The theming is impeccable and the immersive experience of being in the great Northwest is carried throughout the resort...you won't see any palm trees on this property!

One thing I should point out is that Boulder Ridge is the second smallest DVC resort at WDW. Only the original Grand Floridian Villas have fewer units. So a very common view request at BRV is to be on the lake side of the resort. But half of the villas at this resort are on the "bus stop" side of the resort which is a bit of a misnomer since it is set back a good distance from the bus stop and the views are primarily of trees on that side (befitting the theming of the resort). So half of the villas at the resort will be "woods view" only. Also, even on the lake side of the resort, many of the views (especially the lower floors) will be primarily of trees as the view to the lake becomes smaller and smaller each year as the trees grow. So bottom line, I wouldn't get too concerned about the view at all as that is not the primary attraction of the resort. The good news about being so small is that even the furthest villa from the elevators is a relatively quick walk down the main hallway.

In addition to the theming, Geyser Point bar & grill is one of the best bars at WDW. No, it doesn't have a theme park view but it is an open air setting on the shore of Bay Lake with a nice breeze typically coming in off the lake. Just a great setting to relax for a while.
We're staying there in a couple of weeks for the first time since like 2007....what should one request in order to avoid the famous "dumpster view" rooms? (Is the refurb all done now?)

Can you expand on your noise level comment? What type of noise can be expected from each side? I'm a light sleeper and have misophonia so this is always a concern for me in hotels. My white noise machine helps with some types of noises more than others.

Can you expand on your noise level comment? What type of noise can be expected from each side? I'm a light sleeper and have misophonia so this is always a concern for me in hotels. My white noise machine helps with some types of noises more than others.
Yeah, I'd like to hear more about this too.

Here is BRV:
BRV.jpg

As you can see, the "woods" side is nowhere close to anything that can make noise, aside from what people keep calling the "parking lot", which is really just a small non-public loading area at the far right end in the picture that is adjacent to maybe 6 rooms (red oval).

We always stay on the "lake" side, which is adjacent to the main walking path and that's it. Almost zero noise, and we've stayed on every floor. An occasional landscape Cushman might roll by in the morning hours, but 95% of the foot traffic is just solo joggers. I will say that some of the rooms on the woods side that look out onto the covered walkway that connects to the main lodge would probably be off my list as that walkway is wooden and the sound of roller bags being rolled across it can be a bit loud (yellow oval). Not a sleep issue unless a crowd decides to check in or leave in the middle of the night. I think the CCV rooms that look out onto the main pool are louder than any room at BRV.

As to views, the lake side wins hands-down every time. No comparison.

Last edited:
What would someone request to try to avoid the red oval area?
You can request closer to the elevators, but I'll be honest, that little parking lot area gets about a half-dozen vehicles a day, and zero at night. It was bad during the refurb because that was the staging area for the contractor and material storage. All that is gone now.

As an aside on the whole "view" idea, here is a good comparison. These are both 3rd floor rooms, in the middle of the long building:

Woods view:
3548.jpg

Lake view:
3549.jpg

I'd be fine with either of those. We don't really use a balcony much, if at all. So view isn't a huge deal for us. Those are pretty similar.

I'd be fine with either of those. We don't really use a balcony much, if at all. So view isn't a huge deal for us. Those are pretty similar.
That works out well for you then. More room options for sure. For us they are 100% different and there's zero chance I'd enjoy looking out on those woods. I have to have my morning coffee, with a nice view.

Morning coffee view in March:

IMG_6358.jpeg
IMG_6359.jpeg

I am definitely glad they aren't separate room categories though. The resort is too small for that and it would just create more booking headaches.

One side faces the lake and trees and one side faces the bus stop and trees.. Yes there are trees between the building and the road but you can still hear the buses coming and going if you are on your balcony or in a room closest to bus stop. The rooms the end of the hall are further away from the bus stop.
As to Copper Creek rooms, to me they are much quieter because the water fall masks any noise from the pool and the pool is not open late or early. Noise levels that don't bother some do bother others. I am a very light sleeper.
See how close the bus stop is to some rooms. The brakes squeak when they stop. Also people going and coming to the buses were loud at times.

1512_sm.jpg

Last edited:
We just returned from a week at BRV (plus a few bonus days at Vero Beach) . The refurb is completely finished and the rooms are fabulous. We love the peacefulness, the restaurants and the relatively compact sized of the resort. The Carolwood RR room is lovely. Elevator down, cross over to the exit next to Sturdy Branches and you're literally at the BRV pool/Geyser Point. Take the other exit and you're a two minute walk to WL Lobby and 1 minute to the bus stop. The boat to MK is the best. We were in room 3517 and it was a dream location. Here are some pics of the room (1 bdrm) and the view. I specifically requested this room and magically got it. It was WONDERFUL. Oh, and I witnessed a proposal while sitting by the lake enjoying a beverage PLUS a bunch of characters (Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale, Wendell and others) just showed up in the lobby one morning! The last pic is of my g-kids making smores.
The resort is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_9673.jpg
    IMG_9673.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9664.jpg
    IMG_9664.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9639.jpg
    IMG_9639.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9623.jpg
    IMG_9623.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9622.jpg
    IMG_9622.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9621.jpg
    IMG_9621.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9620.jpg
    IMG_9620.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9619.jpg
    IMG_9619.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9680.jpg
    IMG_9680.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 22
We just returned from a week at BRV (plus a few bonus days at Vero Beach) . The refurb is completely finished and the rooms are fabulous. We love the peacefulness, the restaurants and the relatively compact sized of the resort. The Carolwood RR room is lovely. Elevator down, cross over to the exit next to Sturdy Branches and you're literally at the BRV pool/Geyser Point. Take the other exit and you're a two minute walk to WL Lobby and 1 minute to the bus stop. The boat to MK is the best. We were in room 3517 and it was a dream location. Here are some pics of the room (1 bdrm) and the view. I specifically requested this room and magically got it. It was WONDERFUL. Oh, and I witnessed a proposal while sitting by the lake enjoying a beverage PLUS a bunch of characters (Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale, Wendell and others) just showed up in the lobby one morning! The last pic is of my g-kids making smores.
The resort is amazing.
We were there last week as well and were two floors directly above you, 5517! The room was great but due to the roof slope we did not get the Murphy bed, just a new pull out couch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter