Tell me about your upgrade

the best pixie dust story I have was the first Disney trip for my mom after my dad passed away.
We booked a garden room at CR and when I checked in, I asked if there was anything available in the tower. As the CM was checking I got choked up telling her it was my mom's first time at Disney since my dad passed (6 months before). The CM was very sweet and told me she was sorry about my dad. She said there was a room available in the tower..that made me cry more..so we get our stuff and head to the room. I was expecting a Bay view but I had 11th floor MK view. I immediately went down to the front desk and thanked them for the pixie dust.

I am not sure if we exactly had an upgrade or not.

Last August it was my first trip to Disney. I was very excited and smiling ear to ear (when I wasn't crying from happiness). I know it was noted on our reservation but our CM at check in didn't speak English very well and he just told us our room number and we were on our way to find our room. We paid for a standard view with a special offer that made it possible for us to even stay at AKL vs other resorts. When we got to the room I went to check out the balcony and noticed we had a view! It wasn't the main savannah, but it wasn't a parking lot either. It was a small pond that had these huge vulture birds and impalas. I just looked at a map and it says it is just noted as Impala. Not sure what that's considered but I was expecting no view at all so I was very happy with our animal view. I took many pictures and one day when it was pouring down rain we sat on our balcony and watched the rain and animals. :) DH and I were like little kids with all the animals. :goodvibes

Back in 2010 we were upgraded from POR to GF! We checked in during Pop Warner and and the wonderful CM told us that they did not have room for us for the next 10 nights and asked if we would mind a complimentary upgrade to GF.:banana: I started crying right there.

The CM called a van to take us over to the GF and when were were walking to our room Wishes started. We stood there and watched and I was crying again.

It was a very magical trip for us!

Trish

In 2007 we splurged and booked a Poly GV room for our 25th anniversary. When we checked in, the CM took out the map and showed me where our room was, I nearly choked. It was in the Hawaii building. My wife and kids were wrangling the luggage and my wife saw the look on my face and I waved her over frantically. I told her to stop worrying about the luggage, someone else would look after it for us as were going to be in the Hawaii building. She had no idea what that meant until I explained to her that we were upgraded to club level. That was our one and only surprise upgrade, but what a beauty!

Last trip in August we were staying Poly club and we were updated to a theme park view. Best ever! We could see the fireworks from our room!

Katie

During out last stay, we booked poly MKV and got CL MKV! It was our 5th anniversary and we were on the platinum plan.

It was awesome.

Have been upgraded two times on check-in.

The first was sometime in the 80s from a standard room at the Contemporary to (i think it was called) the Michael Jackson Suite.

The second time was in 2010 from a standard room at the Grand Floridian to a water view Club Level in the main building.

Several years ago, we booked CR with a Bay Lake view. Upon check in, I decided that I had changed my mind, and really wanted to splurge for the TPV. I asked the person who was checking us in if they had any rooms available with TPV, and said I am happy to pay the difference if they had one available. She checked, then went into the back for a minute. When she came back out, she said that they did not have any in that category, but instead offered us the Tower Club Level at no cost. I was totally floored, and overjoyed. I could not believe it. It was fabulous, and amazing! We felt very blessed!

This past May, we booked Standard view and when we checked in at POR, they upgraded us to Garden View (both reservations)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter