Tell me about Tiffins with a Toddler

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
Never been but have heard all good things about it and Nomad lounge. Going to be in AK 2 times with a 5 yo. Doing the usual Thaler and the like but what’s the deal with a lunch or dinner at Tiffins. Son is very well behaved that wouldn’t be a problem at all but is it worth it? Is Nomad something to do quickly instead for the experience. Any opinions would be great thanks.

Tiffin's is delicious but very pricey. As the name describes it the meal sizes tend to be on the small side for what you pay. When we went we did not have our grandkids so I can not tell you about the children's menu. All the women were content, but the men left a bit disappointed because they were still hungry. We do try to eat a late breakfast and skip lunch when we do table service for dinner. So I would say go for lunch, or don't skip it. Nomad lounge is one of our favorite lounges but be prepared to enter the walk up wait list on busy days.

I really wanted to go try Tiffins but I wasn’t sure if my daughter would have ate much off of the menu and she wanted to go to Tusker House again 😒. Tiffins is probably better food

Tiffin's is delicious but very pricey. As the name describes it the meal sizes tend to be on the small side for what you pay. When we went we did not have our grandkids so I can not tell you about the children's menu. All the women were content, but the men left a bit disappointed because they were still hungry. We do try to eat a late breakfast and skip lunch when we do table service for dinner. So I would say go for lunch, or don't skip it. Nomad lounge is one of our favorite lounges but be prepared to enter the walk up wait list on busy days.
It sounds like in your opinion you think it would be best to try a quick lunch almost as a snack in between two larger meals or just wait for the lounge for the experience of it. Having a full dinner there might not be worth it in my situation.

We've only eaten at Tiffins once and it was for dinner. The food was fantastic but the service was slooooow. And this is coming from a family that enjoys a long, drawn out meal. Usually we find the pacing at Disney TS restaurants to be too fast. But this was just terrible. Even the best behaved toddler would have been getting restless. Heck three reasonable well behaved adults were quite restless and annoyed :goodvibes .

As that is our one and only time eating there I can't say if we just got them on a bad night, or if that is the norm. We prefer to get our Tiffins fix at Nomad Lounge where we try to eat every time we are at AK. It's one of our favorite places on property. And even though it's a lounge, I don't think I've ever been there without seeing multiple families with small children. If you go, try to sit outside so you can watch the flotillas go by.

We've only eaten at Tiffins once and it was for dinner. The food was fantastic but the service was slooooow. And this is coming from a family that enjoys a long, drawn out meal. Usually we find the pacing at Disney TS restaurants to be too fast. But this was just terrible. Even the best behaved toddler would have been getting restless. Heck three reasonable well behaved adults were quite restless and annoyed :goodvibes .

As that is our one and only time eating there I can't say if we just got them on a bad night, or if that is the norm. We prefer to get our Tiffins fix at Nomad Lounge where we try to eat every time we are at AK. It's one of our favorite places on property. And even though it's a lounge, I don't think I've ever been there without seeing multiple families with small children. If you go, try to sit outside so you can watch the flotillas go by.
I think this settles it. Will try for a quick drink and app in the lounge and will skip the restaurant proper.

Recently, we have been able to order off the Tiffins kids menu for our son while getting drinks at Nomad Lounge. That hasn’t always been our experience, but were really excited for the option! We were jealous of his filet skewer!

I think this settles it. Will try for a quick drink and app in the lounge and will skip the restaurant proper.
I wouldn't say that service is slow at Tiffin's but it's intended to be a leisurely meal - something we really appreciate - so you're right that it's probably not the best place for a meal with a very young one. Having said that, we also really love the Nomad lounge both the inside and outside seating. There are some small plates available there (I think we've tried every one of them!) which might also make it a good place for a young one. Have a drink and get some nibbles.

EDIT: my favourite drink is the Lamu Libation (pretty heavy on the rum though) followed by the Tempting Tigress. If it's cold out, the Mustang Coffee is delicious and really hits the spot. The bread service is yummy and sometimes they also have a cheese plate or a charcuterie board but it seems to be on a "specials" menu in the bar.

I wouldn't say that service is slow at Tiffin's but it's intended to be a leisurely meal - something we really appreciate - so you're right that it's probably not the best place for a meal with a very young one. Having said that, we also really love the Nomad lounge both the inside and outside seating. There are some small plates available there (I think we've tried every one of them!) which might also make it a good place for a young one. Have a drink and get some nibbles.

EDIT: my favourite drink is the Lamu Libation (pretty heavy on the rum though) followed by the Tempting Tigress. If it's cold out, the Mustang Coffee is delicious and really hits the spot. The bread service is yummy and sometimes they also have a cheese plate or a charcuterie board but it seems to be on a "specials" menu in the bar.
probably looking at the bread service as a snack and the Tempting Tigress as I'm a huge bourbon fan! Can't wait!

I love Nomad lounge..... as an adult it's super relaxing. Last time we visited we had yong kids with us- we skipped it. They would have made the experience less than relaxing....

We love Tiffins. The tables are spaced apart, and all of the rooms are decorated differently. If you find you want an indoor quiet meal, a tip is to ask if you can put your entire order in when you order beverages, and tell them it is fine for apps and mains to come out together. This cuts wait time way down. With a well behaved child ( one of my 2, who are now adults), you could take a tour to look at the art and artifacts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter