Tell me about the Family Magic Tour....

TosaTrio

DVC Owner @ SSR & VWL
Ok,

Anyone ever go on the Family Magic Tour? My DD is 6 and it sounds right up her ally. I am hoping to hear from those who have gone on the tour...

Also, how fast does it normally book up?

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks!

Gail

We did the Family Magic Tour in June last year and it was awesome! Here's a little play-by-play if you're interested.

It was our family - me40, DH 35 and our DD7. I had wanted to do a tour for awhile but the age limitations on other tours prohibited us. I had several friends who had done the FMT and recommended it so I decided to do it as well. Not to mention it isn't as expensive as some other tours so we were happy and not broke.

When we booked the tour we had to pay for it in full. If we gave them 48 hours notice for cancellation they said they would refund the money.

We met in a store front to the left of City Hall in the MK. There was another family of 5 that was booked but they never showed so the tour was just the three of us. We felt very special.

Our tour guide was Robin and she was amazing - just a big kid herself. I don't want to give anything away so I'll skip major details. The premise of the tour is Captain Hook's favorite, most special hook was stolen and he is mad. If not returned, he promises to over run the MK, change the names of all the rides and cause total chaos. As participants in the tour we are tasked with following clues and solving the mystery of who stole the hook and discovering where it is in order to return it and save the day.

We were given a large rolled up canvas map, some pixie dust, coins and other items to help us on our way. As instructed, we would open up the map in various areas of the park and had to sing at the top of our lungs, walk in ridiculous ways and make complete spectacles of ourselves in full view of other guests. My husband is a bit of a wall flower and found this difficult. But after the second or third time he surrendered to it and said he was going to, "go big or go home!" and went crazy. Very funny.

At the end of the tour we found the hook, saved the day and had a private meeting with the rascals (very big characters I might add) who caused this chaos to begin with. A wonderful, wonderful adventure.

I highly recommend you give this a try. Its worth every dime and every moment. It was the last thing we did before leaving for the airport and it was a highlight of the trip.

That sounds amazing! :cheer2: How did you know about it? Do you book it in advance, or once you arrive?

And if you don't mind my asking, was it reasonable for your experience, costwise?

We did the Family Magic Tour in June last year and it was awesome! Here's a little play-by-play if you're interested.

It was our family - me40, DH 35 and our DD7. I had wanted to do a tour for awhile but the age limitations on other tours prohibited us. I had several friends who had done the FMT and recommended it so I decided to do it as well. Not to mention it isn't as expensive as some other tours so we were happy and not broke.

When we booked the tour we had to pay for it in full. If we gave them 48 hours notice for cancellation they said they would refund the money.

We met in a store front to the left of City Hall in the MK. There was another family of 5 that was booked but they never showed so the tour was just the three of us. We felt very special.

Our tour guide was Robin and she was amazing - just a big kid herself. I don't want to give anything away so I'll skip major details. The premise of the tour is Captain Hook's favorite, most special hook was stolen and he is mad. If not returned, he promises to over run the MK, change the names of all the rides and cause total chaos. As participants in the tour we are tasked with following clues and solving the mystery of who stole the hook and discovering where it is in order to return it and save the day.

We were given a large rolled up canvas map, some pixie dust, coins and other items to help us on our way. As instructed, we would open up the map in various areas of the park and had to sing at the top of our lungs, walk in ridiculous ways and make complete spectacles of ourselves in full view of other guests. My husband is a bit of a wall flower and found this difficult. But after the second or third time he surrendered to it and said he was going to, "go big or go home!" and went crazy. Very funny.

At the end of the tour we found the hook, saved the day and had a private meeting with the rascals (very big characters I might add) who caused this chaos to begin with. A wonderful, wonderful adventure.

I highly recommend you give this a try. Its worth every dime and every moment. It was the last thing we did before leaving for the airport and it was a highlight of the trip.

Thank you for the detailed report! My DD will LOVE this.. I will book for me, DH, DD and maybe include Grandma and Grandpa... They would love watching my daughter...

Thanks for the information. We have been thinking about this tour as well as our 5yo son loves stuff like this.

We also took the tour and loved it! We were the only family on the tour as well. Side note...you save 20% when you pay with a Disney Visa. In addition to what latexscooter mentioned, we got to ride 2 rides and bypassed all lines:) Highly recommended!

OMG it sounds like so much fun. I want to book it for our August trip. Do I just book through reservations? Also does the tour guide stay with you the entire time? Thanks.

Maryann :happytv:

OMG it sounds like so much fun. I want to book it for our August trip. Do I just book through reservations? Also does the tour guide stay with you the entire time? Thanks.

Maryann :happytv:

Yes, your guide is with you the entire trip. Our guide left us when he took us to Splash Mountain at the end of the tour. Here is the information:
Call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687

We did this as a family in 1999 as it was our children's first trip. Our twin girls were 4 and our son was 7 at the time and they had a ball! They still talk about it from time to time - so what a wonderful memory for all of us to share. :cloud9: I highly recommend it!!

Ann Marie :laundy:

So is this cost per person? We have a family of 5, and our triplets will be celebrating their 8th birthday on our July trip, sounds like fun! We did a similar experience through GOAL for my DH's 40th birthday and they were just starting to grasp the concept then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter