• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about signing up for Jedi Training Academy

they are separated into 2 lines at the sign up area. Usually the left side stay on the ground with the 7th sister and the right goes up to the stage. That's where they are allowed to pick a spot but they must stay either in their left row (bottom) right row (on stage). Was your DS on the left row when they were walking towards the JT stage?

My daughter was in the line on the side closest to Star Tours and she fought DV - I don't remember if they put her in the first or second line when they lined them up originally. They sent the kids to specific spots once up on the top stage because they put the taller kids in the back spots and the shorter children in the closer spots (I am assuming to make it easier for photopass photographer).

My daughter was in the line on the side closest to Star Tours and she fought DV - I don't remember if they put her in the first or second line when they lined them up originally. They sent the kids to specific spots once up on the top stage because they put the taller kids in the back spots and the shorter children in the closer spots (I am assuming to make it easier for photopass photographer).
exactly, she was on the row to the right, that one goes up to the stage.
@yulilin3 - my kids would definitely rather fight Maul than Seventh Sister. Do you think this might actually happen?
It used to be like that before they changed the show. Darth Maul is on Rebels so they could do that again if they want to keep plugging the show

Interesting change in not letting those with PPO breakfast to sign up for JTA. I'm really glad I saw this post. If this continues, I will cancel my H&V breakfast for next month. My youngest likes those characters well enough, but I really only booked it to sign up up for JTA early.

Last edited:

Interesting change in not letting those with PPO breakfast to sign up for JTA. I'm really glad I saw this post. If this continues, I will cancel my H&V breakfast for next month. My youngest likes those characters well enough, but I really only booked it sign up up for JTA early.
they've been flip flopping on this all year

I would be interested to know what happens to those with PPOs who want to do JTA are accommodated? Do they have the child leave with one parent and in the middle of H&V breakfast and then return after they finish signing up? Sounds like not only does it not help you with getting JTA, but actually could negatively impact your ability to do JTA? Honestly it is a mess.

I would be interested to know what happens to those with PPOs who want to do JTA are accommodated? Do they have the child leave with one parent and in the middle of H&V breakfast and then return after they finish signing up? Sounds like not only does it not help you with getting JTA, but actually could negatively impact your ability to do JTA? Honestly it is a mess.

I agree, which is why I will cancel the breakfast if this continues. I understand you aren't entitled to anything. Believe me, I wouldn't be one to throw a temper tantrum if we couldn't sign up before breakfast. However, I really just booked the breakfast to be there and have already signed up prior to park opening to avoid a bit of the madness that is rope drop JTA sign-up. Back in the day when you couldn't sign up prior to breakfast, we had an 8 am H&V. We got to sign-ups about 9:15. This was in the day of fewer shows, but DD got waitlisted for a show. I'm not interested in rushing through breakfast to get to sign-ups. We will just cancel breakfast and eat a poptart in the room.

It's like any PPO: People see it as entitling them to something (7DMT, a pony, Jedi Training) when all it officially entitles one to is... breakfast.

I don't see the PPO breakfast as entitling me to anything but breakfast. However, not allowing me to sign up for JTA prior to breakfast makes it more difficult to actually sign-up for JTA as I'm at breakfast not at rope drop for JTA. The priority for my kids is JTA not breakfast. Therefore, I will cancel breakfast reservation. Not a big deal really. Actually, I'm kind of happy about it. The food at H&V is not that great and it will save me money in the long run as we POO for meals. Just glad to know that is the procedure now as that was not the procedure on our last trip.

I agree, which is why I will cancel the breakfast if this continues. I understand you aren't entitled to anything. Believe me, I wouldn't be one to throw a temper tantrum if we couldn't sign up before breakfast. However, I really just booked the breakfast to be there and have already signed up prior to park opening to avoid a bit of the madness that is rope drop JTA sign-up. Back in the day when you couldn't sign up prior to breakfast, we had an 8 am H&V. We got to sign-ups about 9:15. This was in the day of fewer shows, but DD got waitlisted for a show. I'm not interested in rushing through breakfast to get to sign-ups. We will just cancel breakfast and eat a poptart in the room.

I am undecided what to do to be honest. I think she would enjoy H&V, but would enjoy JTA even more. H&V is a sure thing. JTA is a maybe if you are lucky thing. If I cancel H&V and then it rains or we get behind a school trip of 372 kids doing JTA at rope drop I will have gambled and lost. Maybe I gamble and keep H&V and hope there are accommodations made to allow you to have breakfast and JTA. A third option is to rethink my entire plan that morning and do something else if the goal of doing both H&V and JTA is not achievable just to avoid stressing and worrying about something as meaningless of if I made the right choice.

I am undecided what to do to be honest. I think she would enjoy H&V, but would enjoy JTA even more. H&V is a sure thing. JTA is a maybe if you are lucky thing. If I cancel H&V and then it rains or we get behind a school trip of 372 kids doing JTA at rope drop I will have gambled and lost. Maybe I gamble and keep H&V and hope there are accommodations made to allow you to have breakfast and JTA. A third option is to rethink my entire plan that morning and do something else if the goal of doing both H&V and JTA is not achievable just to avoid stressing and worrying about something as meaningless of if I made the right choice.

If you haven't done H&V, it is a fun meal if your kids like the Disney Jr. characters. We have done it the past two trips so I'm kind of burned out on it, but my youngest (almost 3) loves it. My oldest has aged out of the Disney Jr. characters. She loves Star Wars now. The one thing she is asking to do this trip is JTA. If you get to JTA at rope drop, you should get into a show. It honestly isn't a crazy as it once was back when they only had a few shows a day. They have a show almost every hour now. When we were there in March, we were able to sign up before the H&V breakfast. We had our pick of shows. We choose the 11:00 show. When we were checking in, they were still giving out times for the latest shows that day. I wouldn't count on that being the case on a really busy day.

I would think it would be in Disney's best interest to allow those with PPO breakfast (or anyone who wants to get there super early as they were doing before) to sign-up early. It does reduce the crowds somewhat at ropedrop. It is annoying that they keep changing the procedure on this. It makes it hard to plan.

Last edited:
they are separated into 2 lines at the sign up area. Usually the left side stay on the ground with the 7th sister and the right goes up to the stage. That's where they are allowed to pick a spot but they must stay either in their left row (bottom) right row (on stage). Was your DS on the left row when they were walking towards the JT stage?
Honestly I wasn't there at the line up time. My DH Took him. I walked up with the baby a few minutes after they started. We used the tips here about which line at the sign up place to be in for the best shot at 7th sister. DH said he was in the left line at the stage area.

I may be Mis- remembering how they split to their individual spots. I was dealing with a less than enthused 1 year old. . It seemed chaotic and less organized versus when he did it for SWW last year.

Wow! We were able to sign up early with PPO breakfast just two weeks ago and it was the only reason we did the ADR. Does this flip flopping happen on a CMs whim? Has anyone else gone in last few weeks and how has it worked? I'm curious if this is the norm now

I don't see the PPO breakfast as entitling me to anything but breakfast. However, not allowing me to sign up for JTA prior to breakfast makes it more difficult to actually sign-up for JTA as I'm at breakfast not at rope drop for JTA. The priority for my kids is JTA not breakfast. Therefore, I will cancel breakfast reservation. Not a big deal really. Actually, I'm kind of happy about it. The food at H&V is not that great and it will save me money in the long run as we POO for meals. Just glad to know that is the procedure now as that was not the procedure on our last trip.

I'm with you 100%. I have a PPO reservation in January just to ease the JTA sign-up process, so I'll watch how this unfolds.

The JTA line at rope drop is crazy. The recent gift of a free FP+ (which I know is not guaranteed) would have softened our 40 minute wait to sign up. Perhaps a compromise could be, PPO = no FP+; after rope drop = FP+.

I am reading here they are now giving a FP at signup? Is this an anytime FP that can be used any day in any park or must be used same day in HS?

We have an PPO H&V breakfast Friday for the 4yo and 2yo. DS8 could care less about Disney Jr at this point but it so excited to try JTA. I really hope we can sign up or maybe DH can take ODS to the sign ups while the littles do the breakfast... separating DH from food is hard though...

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of good info here. I had heard before that we would be able to sign up before PPO breakfast. If that is not the case, then I guess we can just try to eat quickly and get out in time to be in the front of RD and sign up first. Woodynjessiesmomma - Please let me know how things work out for you on Friday, and good luck!

I'm with you 100%. I have a PPO reservation in January just to ease the JTA sign-up process, so I'll watch how this unfolds.

The JTA line at rope drop is crazy. The recent gift of a free FP+ (which I know is not guaranteed) would have softened our 40 minute wait to sign up. Perhaps a compromise could be, PPO = no FP+; after rope drop = FP+.

I would be fine with that. I would prefer the 2 min. line over a extra FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter