• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about miniature golf...

99Wendy

Mouseketeer
Not sure this is the correct forum, but this was my best guess

We will be staying at CSR for one night B4 we head out on the Dream for a cruise (yippee!)

I'm trying to think of some none park Disney fun. In all of our trips to WDW we haven't stopped and made time for mini golf.
1. How crowded are they? we would be there on a Thursday early February

2. Do you prefer one course from another? It looks like summer/winter is closer to where will be, but open to either

I assume it will be easier/faster to drive ourselves

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

We have done the Fantasia Gardens, by the Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin. It was fun, but I think the Winter Summerland one looks more whimsical. One year we "accidentally" did Fantasia Fairways. It is actually skill-based. It was not fun for three of the four of us

Winterland/Summerland :thumbsup2 Have played several times.

Went to Fantasia, got out of car and looked at course ........ left and went to W/S.

Played both and don't know ages of those involved (have signatures closed) but there are four courses. Winter and Summer near Blizzard Beach. Our family (myself, husband and teenage son) played the course (Winter) and we know mini golf. I was last with 14 under par so it's an easy course. Fantasia Gardens is a typical mini golf layout but more challenging and we have had a lot of fun here. Fantasia Fairways, um, well, we went with our son and his same age friend (they were almost adult age) and after five holes, we gave up scoring and said "we are just going to whack the ball and have fun". However, my father-in-law and brother-in-law, who are very analytical and serious had a blast on the course.

I agree with WinterSummerLand. It's so fun! I would try to get there when it opens, otherwise, the lines start to build throughout the day.

My sister & I did the Winter Summerland one year. It was so much fun, we got there right as they were opening so we were the first ones on the course. As we were leaving there was a crowd heading in. They do offer a AP discount if you have one.

Definitely Winter/Summerland! And yes driving yourself would be best - that is what we do.

There is also bowling at Splitsville at Disney Springs if you are looking for something else to do. We always try to make time for mini-golf and bowling on our longer trips.

As others have hinted, what's the makeup of your party? That will influence your choice.

Winter/Summerland, near Blizzard Beach - easy, cheesy, traditional "play with your younger kids" mini golf, Xmas-y theme, lots of crazy obstacles and such

Fantasia Gardens, near Swan hotel - two courses, themed to Fantasia
- Gardens - family-friendly course, fairly whimsical with more of the traditional crazy obstacles, good for slightly older kids and teens
- Fairways - mini-golf for the golfer, more serious, good for a group that wants a challenge or are experienced golfers

We've played all four. DH prefers Fairways and I prefer Gardens.

If you have younger kids, or older kids that get frustrated easily, I'd go with Winter/Summerland, though.

Thanks for all the helpful advice
It will be myself, DH and DDs 12&9. Sounds like winter/summer land will be the best fit for us.
Hopefully they will want to do the summer side, living in Michigan I've had enough winter!!

Last edited:
Not sure this is the correct forum, but this was my best guess

We will be staying at CSR for one night B4 we head out on the Dream for a cruise (yippee!)

I'm trying to think of some none park Disney fun. In all of our trips to WDW we haven't stopped and made time for mini golf.
1. How crowded are they? we would be there on a Thursday early February

2. Do you prefer one course from another? It looks like summer/winter is closer to where will be, but open to either

I assume it will be easier/faster to drive ourselves

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

Love fantasia gardens ! I love the theme of the family course and love the super hard course as well.. If its just me and the wife we battle it out pga tour style lol and if we with the family we will play the more kid friendly one instead ,,,Enjoy !

Winter/Summerland is sooooo much fun.

Just watch out for the guests behind you trying to get too close for comfort...

We have done the Fantasia Gardens, by the Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin. It was fun, but I think the Winter Summerland one looks more whimsical. One year we "accidentally" did Fantasia Fairways. It is actually skill-based. It was not fun for three of the four of us

Ha ha! Many years ago, we too did the Fairways course by accident. We were all saying how this was the hardest mini golf course we had ever been on!

I pretty much am never bothered by the heat, but found Winter/Summerland very unforgiving. It was also a bit of what we have here locally.

I enjoy Fantasia Gardens and have been with a 5 year old who loved it - the sound effects when you hit a ball certain ways throughout the course are pretty darn unique. Fairways is a challenge for sure.

The courses are essentially the same at Winter-Summerland. Winter has ice sculptures and themes, and Summer is sand castles, etc. But the holes are very similar.

Another difference that may influence your decision - Winter has 50s and 60s pop Christmas music like "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by the ROnettes and Summer is ALL Beach Boys. So if you're not a Beach Boys fan, it may get on your nerves lol.

We have never been there when it's crowded. If you're not using your free package coupons, then I recommend going after 4. Our favorite time to go is after 9 pm, it's almost always empty.

It's a shame both locations are inconvenient to get to if you don't have a car. It's near impossible to get to them (especially at night) using Disney transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter