Tell me about June in Disney

Jedimom2idtwins

Earning My Ears
We just took our first Disney vacation last week and want to go back next year. However we cannot tolerate the temps/humidity that we experienced. I’ve been reading that summer is the new slow time and that this September was record setting heat. Who’s been in early June and what can you tell me about crowds and temps? Do the parks stay open later than 9pm?

June 2018, MK closed at 10pm most nights with the other parks closing at 9. Not all but most nights but there is always the Extra Magic Hours to consider as well. June will be warm but shouldn't be quite as hot as it was last week.

We just took our first Disney vacation last week and want to go back next year. However we cannot tolerate the temps/humidity that we experienced. I’ve been reading that summer is the new slow time and that this September was record setting heat. Who’s been in early June and what can you tell me about crowds and temps? Do the parks stay open later than 9pm?
We’ve been to the parks in early June, mid-July, early August, and September. To me, it’s the same heat and humidity from June through September. I live in San Diego and am not accustomed to the heat-humidity combo.

Average temp for June is 90; average for September is 89.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ave...ando&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

We went June 10-20 this year and it was hot. We are from central California and deal with 100+ degrees daily in the summer and we struggled at WDW because it was just so darn humid (we have very low humidity here). We aren't sure we would go again in June simply because of the weather, but the crowds were totally manageable.

We’ve been to the parks in early June, mid-July, early August, and September. To me, it’s the same heat and humidity from June through September. I live in San Diego and am not accustomed to the heat-humidity combo.

Average temp for June is 90; average for September is 89.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ave...ando&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Yep, this. We're many time June veterans, including 2018. It's hot and humid...but it's summer in Florida, so it's what you'd expect. It will rain off and on. Not every day, it can go in streaks. We've had trips where we didn't get rained on for 11 straight days (it rained overnight a few times, but not during park hours)...then we've had trips where we got rained on for 7 days in a row (not all day, but a storm). It could also be pouring in AK and sunny in MK, literally.

As for crowds, WDW never has a "slow" time, but relatively speaking June is great.

We went in later June this year and the crowds were good, the temps were hot but totally do-able. Summer is my favorite time at WDW these days...so, I would recommend it!

We went the first week in June this year and are returning again next year same week. It is definitely still very hot and the crowds were average.

Our first trip as a family was in early June. We all said, "NEVER again." We've been going in October ever since, which can be hot, but not melt-your-face-off hot. We're from Kentucky, so we get the humidity, but that sun is unrelenting...and when you're standing in an unshaded line, or waiting on a parade, it is beyond miserable.

I have traveled in late May to early/mid June and most weeks of Sept. It can vary, but on a good year it is still hot in June just not quite as humid that first June week as it is all of Sept. I am from Atlanta so I am accustomed to the heat/humidity.

I would always pick Sept over June b/c of the lower crowd level and shorter waits....we always get MUCH more done and do not need to stay out in the heat as long on Sept trips v. the June trips with more crowds/longer lines.

I went this past June and in June of 2015 - both uncomfortably hot (it is the humidity) for me but doable if you and your party have a good attitude and strategy. Maybe realize to enjoy the parks you have to give up some big chunks of time in them, as in don't go during the hottest part of the day. I have never went in September so can't compare, though weather wise they sound similar.

June will still be plenty hot. The humidity might be slightly less, but you won't feel too much of a difference between June temps and September temps. If you didn't do well in the heat in September, then you won't enjoy going in June.

I have done all of the summer months and the first week of June is my favorite, with next June being our 3rd trip. It is hot, but I feel more manageable than later in the summer. We planned well and rode the top attractions multiple times.

Most of our trips are the second full week of June. It's always hot, but this year was hotter then the other trips. Drink lots of water & take breaks in indoor shows. The crowds are manageable. You have to be patient...

We went in the second week of June this year, and it was very hot so we did more resort/pool time and shorter overall park days. We are going back next June so it must not have been too bad!

As for later park hours, Magic Kingdom was open until 11 PM and Animal Kingdom until 10:30 PM every night that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter