• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Boma Breakfast

Leelo

Never grow up. It's a trap!
My DH and I are considering Boma for breakfast on our trip in October. He likes traditional options like bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes. I like fun and interesting things. What options will we have with the breakfast buffet at Boma? Is it worth doing?

Definitely worth doing! We were there last week and had a great experience.

Yes, there are "regular" breakfast items like eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, bagels, etc.
There was a carving station with ham and corned beef, and a build-your-own omelet station.

Then there are more exotic choices, with some African flair. Fried plantains, bobotie, and a bread pudding that my wife liked better than that at 'Ohana.

I say go for it!

My DH and I are considering Boma for breakfast on our trip in October. He likes traditional options like bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes. I like fun and interesting things. What options will we have with the breakfast buffet at Boma? Is it worth doing?

Omg, YESSSSS! Boma breakfast has become a must-do for us. Lots of traditional items, plus hand carved meats, fantastic fruits, yogurts, etc, pastries. Don't forget to get their fruit juice, which is a blend of different juices, and is wonderful! Also their pressed pot coffee is excellent. I could go on and on, lol.... it's amazing!

My husband is VERY picky and loves the more traditional breakfast items. Boma became his favorite breakfast location and is a must do every trip. They offer the basics and African inspired items. They have the best scrambled egg dish with a little bit of goat cheese to make them light and creamy...yum! Make sure to look for them as they are near the regular scrambled eggs.

We love it; it is our one MUST DO each trip.

The goat cheese eggs (please say they are back!) are fantastic, the carving board is great, the grilled veggies are to die for. It is well worth the time, money, and calories!

Best breakfast on property to me. But the prices of it, just like everything else continues to skyrocket.

Loved it! So many choices - as others have said you will have traditional choices as well as fabulous African dishes. Try everything! We loved sampling the unique choices and the food was so beautifully prepared it looked as good as it tasted.

No one's mentioned the warm bread pudding with pecan sauce? If scrambled eggs with goat cheese aren't on the menu, our server told us that the guy will make them (omelet station?) Anyways, one great thing is that there's a great mis of both traditional breakfast offerings-scrambled eggs, croissants, danish, sausage, bacon, etc. and more "exotic" offerings. I loved the hot quinoa with brown sugar.

This thread is making me hungry!

Best breakfast at Disney World. We have done a bunch of them over our 18 years of going way too often. My wife is a safe food kind of girl, so she is thrilled with the omelettes, meats, fruits. She LOVED the bread pudding, which we had somehow missed on our first trip to Boma. We will never miss it again. I didn't think I liked bread pudding, but dang...divine. I like more adventurous items, so I tried some of the African spiced items, too. We have decided that we will go there at least once every Disney trip as long as we can.

Now, about the price: Yes, it is expensive. But, it's at least $10 less than a character buffet, with much better food. Honestly, with the price of most Disney restaurants, I thought this might have been the best food value of the week. Seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter