"Technical" AP/MYW Credit Question

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Not to be too specific, but I've called WDW but was told they couldn't answer the question - I'd have to wait until I arrived for a definitive answer:confused3decided to ask the experts.

I'm a DVC member so I'm entitled to the AP/PAP discount. In addition to it, I'm considering trading in left over MYW tix from Feb. We purchased 7 day Premium (PH & +'s, no expir.) and used 3 days @ parks & 1 +.

Although I paid $ 992.59 for our tix (2A & 1C); I'm reading on these boards that I'll only get credit for the base MYW tix w/PH & no expir rate of $848.81 X 4/7 or $485.01;(even though I have 4 +'s unused).

Questions:

1. Is this true?

2. Can I wait, use up the +'s, then apply the major park portion of the tix as a credit for a AP's?

3. Can I apply the original amount (less used tix) if I get a PAP (would seem to make sense since WP/DQ, etc. would be included)?

TIA

To get the full credit for the tix, this is what would happen: First, since you used a plus, you would HAVE TO upgrade to the PAP - upgrading tix has to be done with the same, or more, options if used. Second, you can only upgrade tix within the first 14 days of use. IF, and that is a BIG IF, they let you upgrade, your PAP would back-date to February when you first used the tix. IF they let you do that, it would be a Guest Relations decision.

If you do not want your PAP to back-date to Feb, GR would have to pro-rate the tix for you. Again, IF they are willing to do it.

Unfortunately, there is not going to be an answer for you until you get to the GR window. I wish I could be more help. Good luck!

You will get credit of up to $992.49 (the whole price paid) times 4/7 (the pro-ration for 4 out of 7 days remaining) when trading in the partly used MYW tickets one per AP purchased. (Tickets purchased from some discounters may have a lesser trade up value when traded towards AP's but have gate price trade up value towards other MYW tickets.)

When it was mentioned that plusses don't count we meant that the trade up value is the same whether all the plusses are still there or all the plusses are used up. And you don't get additional plusses on your new MYW ticket and you don't get a premium AP for the price of a regular AP because there are plusses still unused on the old ticket.

You can use up the plusses first and then trade up the MYW ticket towards the PAP. There is the inconvenience of not being able to go to theme parks early in your vacation when you do this.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

seashoreCM said:
You will get credit of up to $992.49 (the whole price paid) times 4/7 (the pro-ration for 4 out of 7 days remaining) when trading in the partly used MYW tickets one per AP purchased. (Tickets purchased from some discounters may have a lesser trade up value when traded towards AP's but have gate price trade up value towards other MYW tickets.)

When it was mentioned that plusses don't count we meant that the trade up value is the same whether all the plusses are still there or all the plusses are used up. And you don't get additional plusses on your new MYW ticket and you don't get a premium AP for the price of a regular AP because there are plusses still unused on the old ticket.

You can use up the plusses first and then trade up the MYW ticket towards the PAP. There is the inconvenience of not being able to go to theme parks early in your vacation when you do this.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

Bought original Tix thru WDW @ advance purchase, discounted rate.

A little slow this a.m, please re-iterate...the MYW Prem (PH, +'s, No Expir.) can be used as a credit for either AP's or PAP's or just PAP's?

I'm a Realtor too (quasi-retired/lic. in escrow), Excellent link! TIA.

sorcerormickey said:
To get the full credit for the tix, this is what would happen: First, since you used a plus, you would HAVE TO upgrade to the PAP - upgrading tix has to be done with the same, or more, options if used. Second, you can only upgrade tix within the first 14 days of use. IF, and that is a BIG IF, they let you upgrade, your PAP would back-date to February when you first used the tix. IF they let you do that, it would be a Guest Relations decision.
To put this in perspective, you must understand the Disneyspeak difference between UPGRADING and applying the DOLLAR VALUE of the unused ticket.

UPGRADES on any ticket - used or unused - can only happen prior to or during the first 14 days of use. When you upgrade, you will get the full price that you paid for the ticket applied towards the cost of the new ticket. In the case of AP/PAP/SP's, the expiration date will be backdated to the first use of the old ticket.

Applying DOLLAR VALUE of the unused admissions is what happens after the 14 day window has passed. This would only happen with non-expiration tickets. Guest Relations will calculate the worth of your unused major park admissions (unused plus options carry no dollar value in this transaction) and will then apply the dollar value towards the price of your new ticket. In the case of AP/PAP/SP's, the expiration date will be one year from the day you do this transaction.

GR CM's have some limited latitude to do an UPGRADE after the 14 day window. In every one of those instances, the AP/PAP/SP will always be backdated to the original date of first use.

sorcerormickey is correct about only being able to UPGRADE to a PAP after any of the plus options have been used. SeashoreCM is correct in that when you apply the DOLLAR VALUE of the unused admissions, it doesn't matter whether the plus options have been used or not, it can be applied to a regular AP. If you try to beat the system and use all the plus options on a MYW ticket and none of the major park admissions before doing the transaction, they will deduct a small percentage of the cost to cover your use of the plus options. There's no free ride.

Unfortunately, there is not going to be an answer for you until you get to the GR window. I wish I could be more help. Good luck!
Quite true. The GR CM has the definitive asnwer in what he/she will allow you to do. But keep in mind that like most things Disney, if you don't like the answer you get from one CM, go somewhere else and ask another. You'll be amazed at the different answers you may get. ;)

Thanks to you all. It's true, I've called WDW in the past and received difffering answers for the same questions (making sure I record details of the conversation for future reference/back-up).

This is the first time I've heard of being penalized a % for using up the MYW options...all other threads on this board indicate to use them for best cost efficiency (since you only can receive credit for the major park portion of the tix - not the +'s). This is also reported on AllEars tix faq.

Can't understand why I can't call someone/anyone @ WDW & receive a straight answer as to these questions. All I'm hearing is "...your ticket(s) must be processed @ the gate in order to determine what you're eligible for...". I don't want $ specifics, just the "general formula". They further state that this is a courtesy, subject to change @ any time - great!

I'm assumming that they don't want to encourage/publicize this loophole for whatever reason.

(reiteration; correction)

If you actually visited a water park (or Disney Quest or Pleasure Island) using your MYW ticket with plus pack, if you trade up the ticket later (using the prorated dollar value method) you must purchase the plus pack (water park fun & more) when trading up to another MYW ticket. I'm told you must purchase premium at the premium price when trading up to an annual pass.

I never heard of a devaluation of the dollar value if you used up the plusses but did not use any park days and then did a trade up, but this may be new.

Wow...I have purchased real estate that was less complicated than this!!

I was following thread with interest since we are in a similar position....think I just decided to hang onto all of the old tickets and use park days one year when we do not have AP's and save the pluses to use when the kids want to water park or DQ it sometime!!! I will consider it a vacation savings account!!

Just to be on the safe side, I called DVC member services today, they referred me to WDW ticketing research, 407-566-4985. I spoke to an evil witch named Frieda, who refused to let me speak to her supervisor after our conversation.

She insisted that I would only receive a grand total of:

$28/per ticket
As a CREDIT towards an AP or PAP:scared: !

She stated that you don't receive a pro-rated share, but the actual daily cost of the remaining tix days (in my case cost I paid for day 4, day 5, day 6 & day 7). Either the best example of creative accounting I've ever heard of or just misinformation - I hope the later!!!

Now, I'm really worried. Can't possibly be right-certainly not fair. I'm going to the WDW web-site and fire off an email. Will report findings back.

As an update:

Today I received an email reply from WDW Online Communications. They state that: "Please know that we have forwarded your correspondence for the Walt Disney World Resort to the Disney Reservation Center Guest Services Department. After determining the nature of your comments: they will forward it to the appropriate department or individual for handling."

I await with baited breath...perhaps, I'll even have an answer before my Dec. trip.:banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter