Team Focker Watch Chat - Good Grief We Talk A Lot! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen- I know you will find something. Have you given your notice already from your other school? Do you know if they hired someone yet?

Janet- We start school at the same time. How long does it take your dh to set up his room?

Jo- When are you going to tell the girls?

Janet- We start school at the same time. How long does it take your dh to set up his room?

Usually just one day, but this year they painted his room so he had to take everything down and not just cover it up, so it will probably take a couple of days. He is just going to take Jimmy with him and let him draw on the board or watch a movie on the smart board.

Good afternoon Fockers!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I haven't been in a very DIS'ing mood lately with a lot of personal things going on. I truly hate soon to be ex-husbands!!! LOL

Anyways, I dropped the kids off with him yesterday so now I have 2 weeks of quiet time, relaxation and sleeping in. :cloud9: I plan on working on some Disney stuff with our upcoming trip and then doing some scrapbooking. Plus, I need to go out to the local CC and get registered for classes for the fall.

I'm home. The needling went well. It hurts but the pressure went down from 28 to 13! He said that's really good news because it means the scar tissue was exterior and maybe some "middle" but not interior which would have necessitated another eye surgery.

I'm hurting right now and it looks awful but I am just so glad to be done. I really appreciated all the :hug: and positive vibes. I'm going back on Aug. 1st for a check up.

Bob's hurting worse than me so I'm feeling bad for him right now. He's going on the road tomorrow (to Indiana) and he'll be back Thurs. late. Hopefully he feels a bit better by tomorrow!

Going to rest a bit. I'll check in later guys!
BTW: Jen, have you signed up for Monster dot com? I'm keeping positive vibes goin' for you!!!
MEL:3dglasses (those are my big a$$ glaucoma glasses!)

He is just going to take Jimmy with him and let him draw on the board or watch a movie on the smart board.
I bet Jimmy LOVES hanging out with dad at school! Also, Gotta love those SMART boards! :thumbsup2 Our school is working to get them in all of the classrooms.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I haven't been in a very DIS'ing mood lately with a lot of personal things going on. I truly hate soon to be ex-husbands!!! LOL
:hug: I can only imagine how difficult it is for you right now... esp with your sweet babies gone.

I'm stopping by quickly because Blue told me today that Tracy's grandfather is not doing well. So, I just wanted to stop here to tell Tracy that I am thinking of she and her family and they are in my prayers. :hug:

Don't worry anyone. That is all I am here for. Please pass this along to Tracy if she doesn't check in soon, that is all I ask. Thank you.

You'd have to fight with him for Pilar. :rolleyes:
:rotfl:
Nothin' planned for today so far. Just more job hunting. I'm afraid that if I don't find a job soon I'm going to have to move back home.

I need good thougts here people. I don't care if you say prayers, meditate, or send good vibes. But, I'm in desperate need of a job. None of the jobs that I've been offered pay near enough or have good enough benefits.

I thought this would be easier. I am getting desperate. And I don't know what to do. Thank goodness I have some savings.[/QUOTE]
I'm so sorry Jen! Hang in there - you'll make things happen in some way :hug:

Lessa- It sounds like you need to move to FL and get a job with V! :banana:
Yeah, if only we actually had money for hiring! :headache:

OK...I"m going to post this question here...since many of you are owners...

People are talking about receiving matching developer points when buying DVC. What are matching developer points?
Here's what I think (mind you, I bought resale, so I'm not an expert)...

As an added incentive to buy, DVC will throw in x number of Developer Points that you can use to vacation or rent. They are specific to a use year and usually (always?) have to be used by the end of that use year, no banking allowed.

IF you're able to make a reservation with them, or IF you can rent them, it makes a nice little bonus. But I'm hearing lots of folks have problems with them, too. :guilty:

I don't like getting old. I never remember summer going by this quickly!:sad2:
:hug: ITA!

Don't worry - it'll get easier and better, I promise! :hug:

I'm home. The needling went well. It hurts but the pressure went down from 28 to 13!
Yay! Glad to hear it Mel. :goodvibes Feel better. Bob, too.

Gluv: Hope this helps. Bob and I bought in January. We bought 160 pts. They gave us a "matching pts bonus" of 160 pts. The way they do this as by making your use year something soon (rather than making you wait a FULL year till your actual purchase month anniversary came around) The sales guy made our use year JUNE 07. That meant that we got 160 pts for June of 07, which expired on June 30 08, 160 new pts for June 08 which expired on June 30 09 and then added 100 developer pts.

I banked our June o7 pts right away to so that we could use them past June 08. The other points were already good till 09 so no worries there. The developer pts (100) were only good till for a limited time ( I think for a couple of months..) and they were NOT able to be banked.

They also don't show up on your dvcmember site online...which made for very confusing times when we were trying to check our wait list for BCV for June. If and when you finally finish all this, I would say that you need to SPECIFY that you are using developer points FIRST to book any trips. The ressie people at DVC are trained to NOT look for those pts (they don't show up on THEIR screens either) and if you don't tell them to use those pts first for your ressies, you'll end up using your points that are good/and or bankable for a trip that you COULD have used the developer ones for that expire!!!

Hope this helps! Any help we can offer, please let us know. Oh, and do you have a referral? You get more pts or $$ off if you do...
MEL

Mel- We posted at the same time! JINX!

Sound like it went better than it could have. I am really sorry for the pain. Did they give you anything to take the edge off? Just thinking about what you just went through makes me pain for you! Don't forget, you could be a stoked sista. ;)

Morning all

Jen... loving the new avatar and Siggie...

V... glad to hear 1st day at horse camp went well :)

Mel... Needling??? :confused3 I'm guessing there is an explanation in pages before.. but there are soo many , but glad to hear it went well :thumbsup2

T... hope all is going well ... keeping you and yours in my prayers :hug:

TE... heya boss... where ya been :worship:

Hey to all others.... hope everyones enjoying their days :)

DS's homecoming was great... He was there when I arrived from work and came right to my car and gave me a big ol' hug :yay: I"m so glad he's back home hehe

I'm home. The needling went well. It hurts but the pressure went down from 28 to 13! He said that's really good news because it means the scar tissue was exterior and maybe some "middle" but not interior which would have necessitated another eye surgery.

I'm hurting right now and it looks awful but I am just so glad to be done. I really appreciated all the :hug: and positive vibes. I'm going back on Aug. 1st for a check up.

Bob's hurting worse than me so I'm feeling bad for him right now. He's going on the road tomorrow (to Indiana) and he'll be back Thurs. late. Hopefully he feels a bit better by tomorrow!

BTW: Jen, have you signed up for Monster dot com? I'm keeping positive vibes goin' for you!!!
I'm so glad you're home and doing well. :hug: That's great news about not being in the interior. :banana:

Get some rest and take care. :cutie:

:hug: Hope you feel better soon.

And yes...I'm on monster dot com, jobing dot com, and even i'maloserwithoutajob dot com

Here's what I think (mind you, I bought resale, so I'm not an expert)...

As an added incentive to buy, DVC will throw in x number of Developer Points that you can use to vacation or rent. They are specific to a use year and usually (always?) have to be used by the end of that use year, no banking allowed.

IF you're able to make a reservation with them, or IF you can rent them, it makes a nice little bonus. But I'm hearing lots of folks have problems with them, too. :guilty:

Gotcha.

Gluv: Hope this helps. Bob and I bought in January. We bought 160 pts. They gave us a "matching pts bonus" of 160 pts. The way they do this as by making your use year something soon (rather than making you wait a FULL year till your actual purchase month anniversary came around) The sales guy made our use year JUNE 07. That meant that we got 160 pts for June of 07, which expired on June 30 08, 160 new pts for June 08 which expired on June 30 09 and then added 100 developer pts.

I banked our June o7 pts right away to so that we could use them past June 08. The other points were already good till 09 so no worries there. The developer pts (100) were only good till for a limited time ( I think for a couple of months..) and they were NOT able to be banked.

They also don't show up on your dvcmember site online...which made for very confusing times when we were trying to check our wait list for BCV for June. If and when you finally finish all this, I would say that you need to SPECIFY that you are using developer points FIRST to book any trips. The ressie people at DVC are trained to NOT look for those pts (they don't show up on THEIR screens either) and if you don't tell them to use those pts first for your ressies, you'll end up using your points that are good/and or bankable for a trip that you COULD have used the developer ones for that expire!!!

Hope this helps! Any help we can offer, please let us know. Oh, and do you have a referral? You get more pts or $$ off if you do...
MEL

Thanks Mel. I think I can get it. I don't have a referral, so if someone wants to offer their services...lemme know.

Mucho thanks for all the well wished for Gramps! :hug: Apparently he is doing well enough to be released into to hospice care at home. That's where he wants to be, so that's where he's going. :goodvibes

Well at least he can be with his family and much more comfortable than in a hospital.

Thats the best pic of Evan's face!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Thanks everyone for the PM's. I have decided to come out of hiding. Be prepared to "see" siggy to return! If I get effected/infected anymore by the Stalker, I am prepared to IGNORE AND CALL OUT. If you see me post some crazy post, you will know where it is directed! KWIM??? PM me if anyone has any other ideas.

Like you don't have a whole lotta back up! ;)

My knee is sooooo jacked up. I can barely bare weight. Yay for me.

Oh I know of messing up your knees! I blew mine out in front of a crowd of people in a wrestling ring...not so much fun. Hope it feels better!!!

Got a new dog today!
OMG!!! I just did spell check,,,guess what it suggested for Fockers!! :lmao:

AWWW congrats! Pics of the puppy???? LOL @ Spell check.

I don't know if you can see the make up in this picture but I let her get this little compact that had tons of eye shadow and blush that was on clearance at Libby Lu and she did herself up in the van. She looked like a clown, a happy clown.
1001336eg6.jpg

What a cutie!!!! Sounds like a great weekend too!

Sure you can Kat :rotfl2: So where is nice????

Yep NYC meet here we come!

Haven't told the girls about Emma moving yet, Jess was upset enough when they were thinking of moving 2 hours away let along thousands of miles! Emma also has this impression that I'll go and visit several times a year, she may be on a huge salary but we could probably afford to only go once every 2 years maybe once a year :sad2:

If I had a choice and had $$ I would live in the west village in downtown manhattan, no question. it's beautiful and there are sweet tree lined streets with adorable old looking houses. Love it down there!

Now we HAVE to have a NYC meet, esp at the holiday time!

You'll have a tour guide anytime you come over tho! :)

So as you all know right now I am set to do a one year Human Resources program starting in September. I am now waffling on that and seriously thinking about going into nursing instead. I would be earning a second degree if I did that and it would mean 4 more years of school unless I am able to get credit for some courses that I took while earning my first degree. I haven't decided yet, if I do go this route I wouldn't be starting school again until next fall! My big hang-up with this plan is that I would be almost 30 by the time I finished with school. :faint: I would have spent just over a decade of my life in university. :eek: I just don't know if it is a good idea or not or whether I would even get into the program. :confused3

All I can offer you is be happy. Do whatever will make you happy. And as far as being in school for a while, there are plenty of people who go back to school later than 30 so don't let that stress you out!

I'm not a Batman person, but I just read on TMZ that Christain Bale was arrested this morning for assaulting his mom and sister on Sunday. :scared1: What's wrong with him?! He should be on top of the world right now and he's doing that? :mad: :sad2:

Well that just stinks! What is my man thinking????

Nothin' planned for today so far. Just more job hunting. I'm afraid that if I don't find a job soon I'm going to have to move back home.

I need good thougts here people. I don't care if you say prayers, meditate, or send good vibes. But, I'm in desperate need of a job. None of the jobs that I've been offered pay near enough or have good enough benefits.

I thought this would be easier. I am getting desperate. And I don't know what to do. Thank goodness I have some savings.

I know of the joblessness too. KC & I actually just spoke last night about me trying to find part time work when we get back from Focker Fest because it's been too long and waiting for disability is going to make us go broke!

I'm home.

So glad you are doing ok!!!! You just need some good audio books to lay around and listen to! (I have a few I can help you with if you'd like 'em )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whew! That was a lot of quoting!

More trip planning and organizing today. I am also going to make my first attempt at Chicken Curry in the crock pot today. At least it'll free up time for me to pack and what not while it cooks.

Anyone watching the "high school musical get in the picture" show? Those kids are so talented!!!! I was in awe!

I am dreading it but we are going to see my family this week (thurs or fri not sure yet) because my grandparents are up from Florida. All I ever hear from them is why I go on vacations that don't involve seeing them (they live in West Palm, faaaaaaar from Disney). I am excited to see my cousins (12 and 8) but thats about it. A 2 hour train ride ($40 later) and the usually family drama isn't worth it usually. These are the times I miss my mom the most because she was the mediator between us all and she kept the drama at bay.

Anyways...off to prep for the curry.

Kat, I want to try that Curry recipe too! Let me know, and when I feel better I'll give it a shot!

Yep, on the audio books. I'm just hanging around today. I have about 12 different This American Life's on my Ipod waiting for me..... That should hold me.
I *heart* Ira Glass.

MEL

Kat- You need to put him in a figure four leg lock! :lmao: He was already released, I read.
I have the HSM show recorded. We should watch it later. The girls are watching the finale of Legally Blonde. I watched it last night. :thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, hello Dolly!
It looks like tropical storm Dolly is headed to the TX & Mexico border via the Gulf. We should only get a good rain here :banana: , but I hope that it's pretty mild and there's a minimal amount of damage everywhere else. :guilty:

Kat- You need to put him in a figure four leg lock! :lmao: He was already released, I read.
I have the HSM show recorded. We should watch it later. The girls are watching the finale of Legally Blonde. I watched it last night. :thumbsup2

Dawn...PM me who wins. I"ll never catch it...but I want to know so bad!

Lookie who lost her first tooth just now!!!!
Camryn did!
P1000627-1.jpg

Can you see the gap there on the bottom? :cutie:

Yes Ma'am Very Cute... so where's her Tattoo going ??:rolleyes1

Hi Jen :wave2:

Where is the Karaoke Focker.....Katt...oh Katt....Come out, come out wherever you are. Jen needs some Karaoke!:thumbsup2

Kat's around here somewhere... come out, come out! Time to sing!

Sorry Gals... missed my Cue.. Sara had to go to the Dr AGAIN:headache:
Left at 9:30 and after the visit and Target for Prescription ... then meeting Scott and Joshua for Lunch.. THEN reading 9 pages of posts,:faint:

SO I thiink Jen would say...
want the world to know
Got to let it show
There's a new me( OLD ME) coming out
And I just had to live
And I just wanna give
I'm completely positive
I think this time around
I am gonna do it
Like you never knew it
Ooh, I'll make it through
The time has come for me
To break out of the shell
I have to shout
That I'm coming out

HomeschoolMama;26399676 [COLOR="yellowgreen" said:
Yes, where is Ms. Do-over? :confused3 :lmao: [/COLOR]

Dr.'s, Target, Lunch, Catchup... :faint:

Yeah !!:banana: :banana: Mel's O.K. ..... Mel's O.K. ..... :banana: :banana:

Hi Carrie.. glad you finally showed back up :thumbsup2
Hi Kate, T,Glad Gramps has been allowed to go home with Hospice..
V, Loved the Leo, Shark Dialog popcorn::
Hi Kat,
Parla.. Ugh..piercings.. :sad2: Trying NOT to go back there with Miss Sara.. Maybe she will just forget about them... FOREVER

And If I overlooked you... Sorry :sad1:

Got to get some house work done .. almost time to start supper.

:hug:

Glad all is well. Rest, rest and more rest:hug:

I bet Jimmy LOVES hanging out with dad at school! Also, Gotta love those SMART boards! :thumbsup2 Our school is working to get them in all of the classrooms.

Jim loves the SMART board. He had one at the Catholic School where he taught, when he moved over to public school he didn't have one until this year. They got a grant so all the teachers go those and iMacs!

DS's homecoming was great... He was there when I arrived from work and came right to my car and gave me a big ol' hug :yay: I"m so glad he's back home hehe

:yay:

I know of the joblessness too. KC & I actually just spoke last night about me trying to find part time work when we get back from Focker Fest because it's been too long and waiting for disability is going to make us go broke!

World of Disney:rolleyes1

I am also going to make my first attempt at Chicken Curry in the crock pot today.

LEt us know how it comes out!:thumbsup2

Well, hello Dolly!
It looks like tropical storm Dolly is headed to the TX & Mexico border via the Gulf. We should only get a good rain here :banana: , but I hope that it's pretty mild and there's a minimal amount of damage everywhere else. :guilty:
[/COLOR]

My Brother & SIL are in Mexico and are scheduled to come home Friday:scared1:

I have thought about maybe going into teaching, it is something that I would enjoy but again would require going back to school for a year.
Lessa if you'd enjoy teaching more than nursing go for it :thumbsup2

Good Morning Fockers !!
Jo You are a Brit don't listen to Mo!!
If the NYC Meet becomes reality I am definately interested !! 2 Brits in NYC huh Jo oops sorry more than 2 your sister would be there !!!
Yes Rosie I won't listen to Mo!!!! And wooohoooo we could meet :yay:

Jo, you must be sad about your sister. My sister moved to Nevada years ago and I was a wreck. Then she moved back and I moved.
She moved back then you moved away :rotfl2: oh and March of the penguins is pretty boring for kids!

Jo - fro you having to tell the girls bout Emma. When does she have to move?
ASAP, her DH is a teacher and due to start a new job in September so nit sure what will happen there! He's intending on getting a job at a private school in the US!

So #3 decided he doesn't want to go to the movies because it's not animated and so it won't be funny. He's doing math instead
OMG how funny :rotfl2:

Jo- I'm sure it'll be hard telling the girls that she's moving.
It was! Lots of tears!

Good Morning FOCKER FRIENDS! This is JEN! YES JEN!

I am going to play with my siggie a bit and try to restore it to pre-stalker. Let's all sing together, "I'm coming out! I want the world to know..."
:yay:

Too bad she isn't moving to WDW!
I know, I've always wanted to go to NY but for a few days probably once only!

The footage they shot form overhead showed a BUNCH of hammerheads in the water with the racers! Then, when we were in the water once, a guy caught a small bull shark whilst fishing 10 feet from us.
:eek:

I think I just threw up a little!
I know house prices are ridiculous here! We bought our very first house 14 years ago, it was a small 2 bed end of terrace, we bought it for $111,000 and we struggled to raise that much, well the exact same house sold last year for $410,000 ridiculous, the young buyers just can't get onto the housing ladder :sad2:

Well, Leo's first day of horse camp was a big success! It was his first time entering a new situation on his own (they have us drop he kids off at a traffic circle, not go in with them), and he handled it like the big boy he is!
Fantastic, can't understand why he doesn't like clearing up the poop :rotfl2:

You'll find the perfect job soon Jen I'm sure :hug:

I don't like getting old. I never remember summer going by this quickly!
Me too Janet, our kids only get 6 weeks but we've got something planned every week!

Jo- When are you going to tell the girls?
About an hour ago!!!!!

I'm so sorry, you know we're here if you want to vent :hug:

I'm so pleased it went well Mel :hug:

DS's homecoming was great... He was there when I arrived from work and came right to my car and gave me a big ol' hug I"m so glad he's back home hehe
Sorry Tanya I missed where he went?

And yes...I'm on monster dot com, jobing dot com, and even i'maloserwithoutajob dot com
:rotfl2:

If I had a choice and had $$ I would live in the west village in downtown manhattan, no question. it's beautiful and there are sweet tree lined streets with adorable old looking houses. Love it down there!

Now we HAVE to have a NYC meet, esp at the holiday time!

You'll have a tour guide anytime you come over tho!
I'll tell her, thanks, if/when I come over don't worry I'll be looking you up :rotfl2:

I am dreading it but we are going to see my family this week (thurs or fri not sure yet) because my grandparents are up from Florida. All I ever hear from them is why I go on vacations that don't involve seeing them (they live in West Palm, faaaaaaar from Disney). I am excited to see my cousins (12 and 8) but thats about it. A 2 hour train ride ($40 later) and the usually family drama isn't worth it usually. These are the times I miss my mom the most because she was the mediator between us all and she kept the drama at bay.
Good luck!

Sorry Gals... missed my Cue.. Sara had to go to the Dr AGAIN
What for this time???? Oh and you forgot me :snooty:

Golf went OK, I came about 3rd so OK. On the way home I told the girls about Em moving and they were devastated lots of tears, I didn't know what to say really! My Mum said think of all the lovely vacations, but as a kid would you be interested in visiting NY? Nope they're not either!

OK, I am depressed:sad1: Jim and I were talking and he was saying to me how he needs to get over to school to start setting up his classroom for the new school year. I kept looking at him like he had 3 heads and then I looked at the calander. I can't believe the summer is almost over:eek: He has to get the classroom ready before we leave for Weinerfest becasue we come back the Friday before labor day and he starts back the Tuesday after labor day.

I don't like getting old. I never remember summer going by this quickly!:sad2:

:hug: I can only imagine how difficult it is for you right now... esp with your sweet babies gone.

Our school starts in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm actually headed over there on Thursday to deliver some items and money. I'm the PTO treasurer for our elementary, so the teachers love to see me. In fact, our PTO made enough money to be able to buy Smart Boards for every classroom in our building a few years ago. They really are awesome!

Glad to hear things went well, Mel. And I'm also sorry that Bob's still hurting. I will make sure NOT to tell my DH that!

So, is Bob coming anywhere near me? If so, you should come with him and make a mini trip out of it! You know, the Brickyard is this weekend and I hear there are still tickets available! You could see your favorite guy! :rolleyes1

-----------
We visited the living history center today. It's called Conner Prairie and is only about 1 1/2 miles from our house. They have a town set up like it's the year 1836 and people in costume that act like the people then. It was really fun, although my girls are a bit young, I think. They were more interested in running around than listening to what the people were sharing about their lives or their trades, etc. We watched some women spinning wool and some men making doors for a new building that's going up in August. We also got to see some baby animals, including some lambs that are only 1 week old. It was a lot of fun, but I think I may go back by myself sometime to spend more time just experiencing it, if you know what I mean.

I just finished mopping the floor in the kitchen and I've got some more cleaning to do too. Then, I've got to mow the lawn tonight, if it doesn't start storming again. We had horrible storms last night and as I was driving home from Conner Prairie, I passed a house that got hit by lightening last night. It was almost burned to the ground. Scary thing is that it is less than a mile from our house and the kids that live there probably go to our school! :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter