• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tasers in the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwang123

Earning my Beers
I do not see tasers specifically listed on the prohibited items list on the Disney World site. It does say weapons but this would be used specifically for defense and absolutely no way as a weapon. Anyone know if I should just leave my taser in the room? I would hate to walk to MK and be turned away. Although, BLT is a short walk.

I would suggest to leave it in the room, why you would feel you need one at WDW is beyond me but then again DH one year decided to carry his pocket knife to DHS like a silly goose.

The website says that you cannot bring weapons of any kind and unfortunately a taser is defined as a weapon if you google the definition of one.

I do not see tasers specifically listed on the prohibited items list on the Disney World site. It does say weapons but this would be used specifically for defense and absolutely no way as a weapon. Anyone know if I should just leave my taser in the room? I would hate to walk to MK and be turned away. Although, BLT is a short walk.

Agree with PP. A taser is a weapon in this context and I'm confident would not be allowed by Disney CMs.

I cannot conceive of why anyone would want or need such a thing at WDW. I mean I know it isn't in some kind of bubble, but still....

there is absolutely NO legitimate reason under ANY circumstances to bring a taser into WDW

and in what universe are you living in that they are not a weapon?! a defensive weapon is STILL a weapon

Disney policy doesn't have the force of law, so for example you wouldn't get arrested for lawful concealed carry. But you could still be banned if discovered. Disney is the only place where I genuinely do not feel the need to carry, despite being licensed to do so.

Someone is concerned about safety and is asking a legitimate question about lawful self defense. I don't get the uproar.

You don't? This wasn't a general question about Tasers. It was a question about bringing a Taser into Disney. On what planet is that a legitimate question?

I go to WDW to get away from the rest of the world where I feel like I might need to carry a weapon for personal safety. WDW is my safe place. Where I take my kids and still believe in magic and wonder.

I truly cannot think of a reason to believe that I would ever be in harms way there. When I worry that WDW is just as unsafe as a theme park near where I live, then the kingdom is lost and we are doomed.

Someone is concerned about safety and is asking a legitimate question about lawful self defense. I don't get the uproar.

The only threat to safety would be someone bringing a TASER into a Disney park. Seriously, I just cannot even fathom.

you have GOT to be kidding. this is as bad as the LEO who declared he never leaves home without his weapon and he was damn well going to wear it inside WDW because he always wore it.

Legitimate self defense?! from WHAT?! who needs tasing? line jumpers??! people who put their kids on their shoulders in the front during parades?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter