Target RED Card...thoughts/ opinions

We have the debit card and have saved quite a bit from it. Another benefit is now if you use your red card you get free shipping on Target orders. With the recent online codes and free shipping, I have managed to get some really good deals lately.

We have the debit card and have saved quite a bit from it. Another benefit is now if you use your red card you get free shipping on Target orders. With the recent online codes and free shipping, I have managed to get some really good deals lately.

I just finished doing my Christmas over spending, I mean shopping. Oh well, this might justify some more spending ;). Only kiddong DH!

I didn't even realize they offered a debit card until reading it here this week. I just went out tonight and signed up (preparing for BF shopping!). It was very quick and easy. They asked for a blank check and your ID, you answer a few brief questions on the keypad, and then you get a printed out temporary card.

I'm looking forward to the 5%. And did I read correctly here that you always get free shipping with it? That's going to be a huge plus for me, if that's true.

I love my Target Debit card, I do most of my shopping at Super Target anyway. I saved quite a bit today between Xmas toy shopping and everything for Thanksgiving dinner. I also love that I get the 5% off if I use my Target debit at Starbucks inside Target. :lovestruc

And if you are looking for a new cell phone, you can get the 5% off when you upgrade there, I think they are authorized for Sprint, AT&T and Verizon.

Does Target run a credit check when you apply for the debit card?

I have it and it's very convenient, the 5% is a bonus as I always used my debit card anyway!

Do you think I'd get flogged if I signed up for one tonight at the checkout? :rotfl2: We have quite a few bigger ticket items we're hoping to grab and 5% off would be wonderful. I had a Target CC but decided to go CC free and I've missed my 5%, seems like the debit option would be perfect!

If you use the Target pharmacy you will also get a card for an additional 5% for every so many prescriptions you get filled I think it is 8 or 10. The cardis valid for about a month but can only be used one day but for multiple visits that same day. You will then end up saving 10% that day on everything except prescriptions.

It used to be 10 and you got a 10% shopping day coupon, but now it's only 5 and you get a 5% shopping day coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter