Target offering 10% off this weekend for everyone

Exactly!! I have a red card but the risk of using it is not worth it. They would need to offer 25 percent to get me back

Since I canceled my Red Card and have to wait for a new one, the 10% is only 5% more then I would have received had all this not happened!

Target is offering 10% off this weekend for everyone to make up for the credit and debit card issue. I do not think this even begans to make up for their mistake, however I will be there shopping for Christmas. 10% off storewide purchase only. Saturday 12/21 through Sunday 12/22. Excludes all gift cards, entertainment cards, airtime cards, prepaid cards, iTunes cards, Apple, Bose, all video games, Playstation 4 consoles, Xbox One consoles, Target Mobile(SM), prescriptions, optical, clinic, and alcohol purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other storewide or category/department coupons.

No entertainment cards?
Guess I don't need to stop at Target that badly.

AliceandAriel said:
No entertainment cards?
Guess I don't need to stop at Target that badly.

Same here. They can keep their merchandise at 10% off.

Yup--not a fan, I, as a rule, detest shopping, hate to wait in line and get really annoyed when stores make it hard for me to give them my money. I made an exception and shopped there during the whole debacle. Just great.

Just FYI. If you use a coupon on something, you won't get the 10% off. I bought the 75$ in toys and used the $10 off coupon and the 10% coupon did not work on those items only those items that I didn't use a coupon on.

To each their own as to shopping at Target again. They're not the first store with a data breach, and won't be the last. It doesn't 't change that I still need to keep receipts and watch statements.

Whether or not they had already planned the 10% off or not, it saved me a bit on all the stocking stuffers I was headed there to get anyways. I could also use my red card discount and my pharmacy rewards with it.

Just FYI. If you use a coupon on something, you won't get the 10% off. I bought the 75$ in toys and used the $10 off coupon and the 10% coupon did not work on those items only those items that I didn't use a coupon on.

That's good to know, thanks for sharing. :) Oh course we're getting ice and snow right now so we're stuck at home today. This will help if we decide to go out tomorrow.

My local Target was so busy today, you would have never guessed there was a breach. :faint:

I just used a credit card instead of my bank card today. At least with a credit card, if someone hacks your account, it takes out of the credit limit. I can't afford for someone to steal from my checking account! Ugh, that would really suck. :worried:

To each their own as to shopping at Target again. They're not the first store with a data breach, and won't be the last. It doesn't 't change that I still need to keep receipts and watch statements.

Whether or not they had already planned the 10% off or not, it saved me a bit on all the stocking stuffers I was headed there to get anyways. I could also use my red card discount and my pharmacy rewards with it.

I agree and still love Target. It was packed when we were there today and I used my Red debit card that I have used all during the breach. I do plan to sign up for the fraud monitoring & DH works in the fraud dept at our bank. I like the debit card because I don't want another CC and bill to pay. This way it's just like using my debit but I also get the 5% off.

It stinks that it happened but it's not the first or last time this will happen. Unfortunately, I think it's always going to be an issue with all the electronic transactions these days.

Amen.

Target was a "target" because of their very publicized bf sale. It could've been any entity, hackers are crafty.

They are also smart enough now to go ELSEWHERE.

Also if you plan to shop there double check your purchases. Complaints on FB that it doesn't work on all items and some people are complaining that they didn't get it at all. :confused3

Was able to get some great deals today!

There was a cartwheel for 20% TP, so that, plus the 10%, plus my redcard 5% helped make the pain of spending for TP not as bad. Plus it was onsale!

Redcard discount and cartwheel still seem to work with 10% but not any other coups. Sucks cuz I always use coupons and cartwheel.

Maybe it's just the toy coupon it doesn't work with. A messaged flashed on the screen and said something to the effect of- these items already have a discount applied. But I think if the coupons genetically come off and are listed at the bottom of your receipt, the 10% wasn't effected. Anyway. I bought $130 in stuff and the 10% was only $6.60. I attributed it to the $75 in toys.

I used Cartwheel - saved $6+, the 10%, saved $13+ and then my red card. Can't complain. I had regular manufacturers coupons to use but forgot to bring them with me - the cashier told me that I could bring them back and have them applied to the order - I'm going to try that today. I had no issues with anything rejecting but I primarily bought household items and food.

I agree and still love Target. It was packed when we were there today and I used my Red debit card that I have used all during the breach. I do plan to sign up for the fraud monitoring & DH works in the fraud dept at our bank. I like the debit card because I don't want another CC and bill to pay. This way it's just like using my debit but I also get the 5% off.

It stinks that it happened but it's not the first or last time this will happen. Unfortunately, I think it's always going to be an issue with all the electronic transactions these days.

Totally agree. A breach can and will happen these days. It is unfortunate that it happened over black Friday. If you do not want a breach to happen you are going to have go back to cash.

I was happy to get 10% off today and got a nice deal on groceries (a little cheaper than Super Walmart).

I wanted to pick up the Wii U Mario bundle but they were out. Got it at Best Buy for almost as good of a deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter