Target Breach.

I logged into Target and changed my pin. I also called Chase, who was already aware of the issue (thousands of calls!) and they are monitoring my account now for any suspicious activity. I would absolutely call your bank or credit union and make sure they are monitoring for this. Good luck! :goodvibes

rebbyparker said:
I logged into Target and changed my pin. I also called Chase, who was already aware of the issue (thousands of calls!) and they are monitoring my account now for any suspicious activity. I would absolute call your bank or credit union and make sure they are monitoring for this. Good luck! :goodvibes

I love chase!! :)

But yeah, I literally just got my target debit card like 2 days ago specifically to buy Disney gift cards...which ill need in 2 weeks....lol

kaytieeldr said:
So Target was the victim of a breach that's inconveniencing many of its customers but doing everything they can to help those customers; and while they vey clearly exclude Target gift cards from the standard 5% "bonus" discounts they made no such inclusionary/exclusionary distinction with the 20% coupon discount (so some shoppers chose to ignore the words 'gift card' on all the, well, gift cards) - but it's okay to feel no love for the company that really doesn't have to offer any discounts or promotions?

Yep.

I love chase!! :)

But yeah, I literally just got my target debit card like 2 days ago specifically to buy Disney gift cards...which ill need in 2 weeks....lol

Then you are not affected, it only affected people from Black Friday through the earlier part of December.

Anyone following this story? What a hassle. I did a lot of shopping at Target. Think you are better off if you used a Red debit card or worse? I'm thinking better off because it can only be used at Target which makes it less appealing.

We shop at our local Target very regularly. So this whole breach business has us on the uptight in fear of our accounts. We're monitoring them, as everyone should compulsively. But that won't make me give up my REDCard with them- I love saving the 5% off too much.

On Target's FB page, NBC news is recommending that you cancel any card that was used during the three week period. I can't say that I'm happy with the way this all played out. I would expect to be informed by the store in question, Target, which was not done. I found out via the news. I would expect Target to offer some recommendations/solutions to allay concerns that I have. Aside from a PR put out today, they haven't offered anything concrete. Their corporate phone numbers and call centers in India are all constantly busy, the website has been having problems all day and any questions posted on FB are answered with "canned responses". So I'm not feeling sure that Target is on top of this.

Do they mean cancel any credit card like if you used a visa? I only use my red càrd at target. i never use any other credit card there. I don't have a PIN number it is only a target store credit card. Are they recommending we cancel those as well? I did log on to my account this morning and changed my password. I don't have a pin to change.

Do they mean cancel any credit card like if you used a visa? I only use my red càrd at target. i never use any other credit card there. I don't have a PIN number it is only a target store credit card. Are they recommending we cancel those as well? I did log on to my account this morning and changed my password. I don't have a pin to change.

Any card you may have used there. I only use my RedCard, and unless some charges show up, I am not going to cancel it.

Any card you may have used there. I only use my RedCard, and unless some charges show up, I am not going to cancel it.

Same here. I only used my Red (credit) card there and will save my receipts in case any charges that I didn't make show up on my statement.

We shop at our local Target very regularly. So this whole breach business has us on the uptight in fear of our accounts. We're monitoring them, as everyone should compulsively. But that won't make me give up my REDCard with them- I love saving the 5% off too much.

Yup, love Target and my regular 5% savings and occasional extra 5%. I've had other cards breached. I'll take the necessary precautions but not in a million would I cancel my card ;)

Sorry if this was already posted. I just heard on CNN that Target just confirmed PIN numbers were not compromised so in this situation it would appear the Target Red card debit users are safe. If you used a Target Red credit card or any other card I'd be inclined to have the card replaced.

Heather

Sorry if this was already posted. I just heard on CNN that Target just confirmed PIN numbers were not compromised so in this situation it would appear the Target Red card debit users are safe. If you used a Target Red credit card or any other card I'd be inclined to have the card replaced.

Heather

Thank you for this information. This makes me feel a little better.

just hung up with Target card services. ALL REDCARDS have been affected, both debit and credit. I have a debit. they've cancelled it and are sending me a new one. they have been so inundated with calls today, when i told him that i had changed my PIN this morning to try to add a thin layer of security, he was amazed and said, "oh my gosh, that IS a good idea until people can get through to us". now mind you, the website is down or very slow, but i went in to the app on my phone and made the change.

Heather

The ONLY card I used at Target was the RedCard Debit card. I shopped online at Target on November 28 and then in the store on December 12.

Our account was compromised for a total of $470.57 in 5 separate transactions on December 15 in a San Francisco Target. We don't live anywhere close to California.

The ONLY card I used at Target was the RedCard Debit card. I shopped online at Target on November 28 and then in the store on December 12.

Our account was compromised for a total of $470.57 in 5 separate transactions on December 15 in a San Francisco Target. We don't live anywhere close to California.

Ok so this may be a dumb question but how do they use your card info at a store? I just assumed when they stole your info they did online purchases. I have tried to log in all day to view my redcard cc but cannot get thru.

I just got off the phone. Decided to cancel my card. They are offering a special service to keep the old card active until the new one arrives in 7-10 days, so I am doing that. I will monitor my account closely until the new card arrives.

How interesting... I was *just* at Target this afternoon, used my redcard, and had *NO* idea about this until I hear it on the DIS!!! No signs on the doors, no mention from the cashier... no emails...

Hmm... I like the 5% and all, but I don't like being unable to trust a company to play straight with me.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't shop there in that time frame (the store in our town is really inconvenient to park at...) but I'll have to double-check...

Thanks for the info, DISers! :thumbsup2

I used my business card there a few weeks back and they used it 2 days later but my bank took care of it right away. However it was used to order dirty movies and pay there comcast bill. I am thankful I found it right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter