Target Black Friday deal

I'll be watching this threa closely. I've decided to go ahead and make the $75 Black Friday purchase of things I was buying anyhow and hopefully will see good news about this deal working on 12/1.

bfads.net claims to have a leaked copy of the coupon. According to that, Apple and Bose products are excluded, the same with video game titles (and the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles), and the coupon is not stackable with other storewide or category/departmental coupons. Giftcards and iTunes cards are also excluded, but that makes me think that Disney cards may still go through as entertainment cards (otherwise there would have been no need to specifically exclude iTunes). But from the sound of things you might not be able to stack pharmacy rewards, since those are a storewide discount coupon.

Here's my plan:

Buy $750 in Target gift cards from Kroger = earn 3000 fuel points, redeemable for $1 off 35 gallons of gas 3 times = $105 savings

Purchase $750 in Disney cards at Target X 20% BF coupon = $150 savings

Earn 3% cash back on Kroger purchase from credit card = $22.50 savings

Save $227.50 TOTAL = Approx. 30%!!!

I don't have a RedCard so this seems like the best way for me.

::evil laugh::

our Kroger does not sell target or Wal-Mart gift cards, I have tried to buy them there before.

I just want to tell you about my experience at Target yesterday with the $15 off $150 purchase coupon from a catalog they sent me.

I bought three $50 Disney gc and when the coupon was scanned, a "red flag" appeared on the register and was not accepted. The front manager approved the purchase; however, she didn't know I bought the gc with a coupon. She only saw the total sale of $150 on the screen. (I hope I'm making sense. :))

Anyway, I wanted to give everyone a heads-up. Target may not accept the 20% off coupon on the Disney "entertainment" cards. It may work, it may not. YMMV

I just want to tell you about my experience at Target yesterday with the $15 off $150 purchase coupon from a catalog they sent me. I bought three $50 Disney gc and when the coupon was scanned, a "red flag" appeared on the register and was not accepted. The front manager approved the purchase; however, she didn't know I bought the gc with a coupon. She only saw the total sale of $150 on the screen. (I hope I'm making sense. :)) Anyway, I wanted to give everyone a heads-up. Target may not accept the 20% off coupon on the Disney "entertainment" cards. It may work, it may not. YMMV

Hmm what was the exclusion list for that coupon? Either way I'm sure it's 50/50 at best this works out. Crossing fingers :)

My question is: if I have some Target g/c to help pay, but not for the full amount, when I scan my Target RedCard and enter "no" for "put full amount on card" will I still get the 5% discount on everything or just the purchase I put on the card?

I'd like to purchase some Target cards at my local Kroger affiliate (they have them, I checked) when they do 4x fuel because my Suburban takes the full 35 gal, so that's a serious discount for me. But of course I'd also love to get my 5%!

My question is: if I have some Target g/c to help pay, but not for the full amount, when I scan my Target RedCard and enter "no" for "put full amount on card" will I still get the 5% discount on everything or just the purchase I put on the card? I'd like to purchase some Target cards at my local Kroger affiliate (they have them, I checked) when they do 4x fuel because my Suburban takes the full 35 gal, so that's a serious discount for me. But of course I'd also love to get my 5%!

I am pretty sure you only get the 5% discount on the amount paid with the Red card.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just want to tell you about my experience at Target yesterday with the $15 off $150 purchase coupon from a catalog they sent me.

I bought three $50 Disney gc and when the coupon was scanned, a "red flag" appeared on the register and was not accepted. The front manager approved the purchase; however, she didn't know I bought the gc with a coupon. She only saw the total sale of $150 on the screen. (I hope I'm making sense. :))

Anyway, I wanted to give everyone a heads-up. Target may not accept the 20% off coupon on the Disney "entertainment" cards. It may work, it may not. YMMV

I wish there was some way to know before I show up on Sunday morning dressed to go church in 1854!

My question is: if I have some Target g/c to help pay, but not for the full amount, when I scan my Target RedCard and enter "no" for "put full amount on card" will I still get the 5% discount on everything or just the purchase I put on the card? I'd like to purchase some Target cards at my local Kroger affiliate (they have them, I checked) when they do 4x fuel because my Suburban takes the full 35 gal, so that's a serious discount for me. But of course I'd also love to get my 5%!
If you purchase the GCs online, the 5% comes off the full amount when you pay with your REDCard and Target GCs. But you can only use a limited number of Target GCs in a single online order.

If you purchase the GCs online, the 5% comes off the full amount when you pay with your REDCard and Target GCs. But you can only use a limited number of Target GCs in a single online order.

Yay! Think I'll do this to get in on the online part of the Black Friday deal.

bfads.net claims to have a leaked copy of the coupon. According to that, Apple and Bose products are excluded, the same with video game titles (and the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles), and the coupon is not stackable with other storewide or category/departmental coupons. Giftcards and iTunes cards are also excluded, but that makes me think that Disney cards may still go through as entertainment cards (otherwise there would have been no need to specifically exclude iTunes). But from the sound of things you might not be able to stack pharmacy rewards, since those are a storewide discount coupon.

I wonder if they are specifically saying iTunes since that is also an Apple product. Maybe iTunes cards are coded "Apple" and Disney cards "entertainment". Still doesn't answer the real question!

Does any one know if Target has a limit on how many gift cards can be used in one transaction? I want to buy the 50 inch tv and some DVDs and my Frys (Kroger) is going to have a 4x fuel points on gift cards coming up, and I was going to buy those to use for Black Friday. The Frys I go to only had the target gift cards in $25 increments or they had one that you could put $100-$500 on it but I am not sure if that counts towards the 4x fuel points....:confused3

It is usually useless to ask a Target employee anything. I really don't remember ever receiving a correct answer from a Target employee.

I was on with Target Cust. service three time on Weds. The last time for over an hour and they could Not give me an answer if I could use the coupon on the Disney cards. And they didn't even know what the sale was going to be. I was on so long with them that the lady who was "helping" me kept forgetting the reason I was calling!!!! :confused3 When I called a couple locations near me the managers all told me that Disney cards are considered entertainment cards.
I'm hopefully.
Nancyprincess:

On deals like this, you really shouldn't call the Target store or customer service.

For those of you familiar with slickdeals, it's a simple rule to follow to never call on deals that have gray areas like this. It only allows them ample time to make it black and white and it almost is always in their favor, not yours.

There are MANY, MANY examples of similar and better deals over the past 3 years involving gift cards. Just "hope" and "try" and don't try to "find out" ahead of time or you'll usually a.) get the answer you don't want, b.) alert them to the problem area and they'll fix it, getting the answer you don't want or c.) You'll get false confirmation that it will work which is not binding until you actually try anyway. Basically, it accomplishes nothing to call.

For those that were in on the Sams Club deal of 2010, you know what I mean. For 24-48 hours, you could basically get free Sams Club/Walmart money to buy Disney gift cards for virtually no cost.

I believe our total that year was $500 invested for a return of over $3000 in Walmart gift cards which could get Disney Gift cards, groceries, merchandise, etc. After 48 hours, they stopped allowing gift cards to purchase gift cards (even though it's Walmart/Sams Club same company). It was a coupon/promo similar to this one that could be recycled with buying Sams Club gift cards. So this ad is smarter in that they disallow Target gift cards (no recycling) but there is still potential for Disney Gift cards.

Based on the many deals I've seen in the past few years, I give this one about a 25% chance of working. There is lots of evidence that says it will not be allowed and I wouldn't bank on it. But I'll sure try that's for sure. YMMV

I had the same experience. The coupon would not work. The restriction said gift cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ
It is usually useless to ask a Target employee anything. I really don't remember ever receiving a correct answer from a Target employee.

I'm sorry "SUSIEQ" contrary to what you may believe, I am a Target employee and I DO have a brain. I have worked for Target 5 years. It has been a wonderful job that has allowed me to have a flexible schedule to be a Girl Scout Leader, Service Unit Cookie Manager, and Confirmation Guide at church, while raising my 3 girls.

I am not a stupid person. I am not a stupid employee, even if I chose to work retail. Shoot, I CHOSE to work at Target because it's my favorite place to shop. (Yay, discount!!!!) I could afford to be a SAHM but instead, I chose a job at my favorite shopping spot. I earn a little 401k money and still have the time (and brains!) to be a contributing member to society and my family.

That said, we Team Members are not always at will to tell you every thing we know. The coupon you are inquiring about doesn't come out until Midnight of Black Friday. It has been held in a private office in the stores, and even if some details have been leaked out on certain websites, it doesn't mean we Team Members are free to discuss ALL the details with everyone. As of today the coupon is officially confidential. We aren't supposed to tell you if it works on Disney cards. And for that matter we won't know (or care!) until you do try Dec 1-7.

If it works for you, great for you. But no one at Target is willing to risk their jobs to give you info we are not authorized to give. And for that matter, we all know that the 20% discount is not "intended" for Disney gift cards. If it works great for you, but the purpose of the promotion was to get people to buy more Target merchandise not fund their vacations.

I personally have no problem if the coupon allows you to buy Disney gift cards. Just don't say "it's useless to ask a Target employee anything" (your quote!) because I cannot answer your question today without getting myself in trouble with my employer.

My plan it to get about $1100 worth, to pay for my DVC dues.
That's what we did last year with the buy $50 and get a $10 gift card. I bought enough for our DVC dues plus another $1000 for our December trip. I actually like this deal better than last year's deal. It's much easier to make one large purchase rather than a bunch of small purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ

I'm sorry "SUSIEQ" contrary to what you may believe, I am a Target employee and I DO have a brain. I have worked for Target 5 years. It has been a wonderful job that has allowed me to have a flexible schedule to be a Girl Scout Leader, Service Unit Cookie Manager, and Confirmation Guide at church, while raising my 3 girls.

I am not a stupid person. I am not a stupid employee, even if I chose to work retail. Shoot, I CHOSE to work at Target because it's my favorite place to shop. (Yay, discount!!!!) I could afford to be a SAHM but instead, I chose a job at my favorite shopping spot. I earn a little 401k money and still have the time (and brains!) to be a contributing member to society and my family.

That said, we Team Members are not always at will to tell you every thing we know. The coupon you are inquiring about doesn't come out until Midnight of Black Friday. It has been held in a private office in the stores, and even if some details have been leaked out on certain websites, it doesn't mean we Team Members are free to discuss ALL the details with everyone. As of today the coupon is officially confidential. We aren't supposed to tell you if it works on Disney cards. And for that matter we won't know (or care!) until you do try Dec 1-7.

If it works for you, great for you. But no one at Target is willing to risk their jobs to give you info we are not authorized to give. And for that matter, we all know that the 20% discount is not "intended" for Disney gift cards. If it works great for you, but the purpose of the promotion was to get people to buy more Target merchandise not fund their vacations.

I personally have no problem if the coupon allows you to buy Disney gift cards. Just don't say "it's useless to ask a Target employee anything" (your quote!) because I cannot answer your question today without getting myself in trouble with my employer.

No one said Target employees didn't have a brain, or that they were stupid. My point was, it's not going to do any good to ask questions.

No one said Target employees didn't have a brain, or that they were stupid. My point was, it's not going to do any good to ask questions.

You could have just said that in the first place.

Instead you chose to say

"It is usually useless to ask a Target employee anything. I really don't remember ever recieving a correct answer from a Target employee."

That is a direct quote from you. I'm sorry, but it offended me. Whether you meant to or not.

I like a good deal as much as anyone. And I can and will, as a Target employee, give a correct answer. In fact, I often do share in the store and here on the Dis boards. It is not "usually useless" to ask me anything. This Target employee is capable of giving correct answers.

However, when a deal gets leaked in an unofficial website (such as the terms of a future coupon we have not handed out yet) I may not be at liberty to share all the details. That still does not make it useless to ask me anything, it means you are just going to have to wait until later for the answer.

Honestly, in the terms of entertainment cards, it is going to have to be trial and error with this coupon. There will be exclusions and it is currently unclear if entertainment cards will be excluded as well.

That is your correct answer as of today.

Hope it helps.

I don't have any inside information or anything. I know all of you are hopeful, but I seriously doubt the coupon is going to work on Disney gift cards. The current coupons aren't working on them and I have no reason to believe this coupon is going to be coded any differently so that it will work. Good luck, though! I may try my luck anyway. I can always use the coupon for groceries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter