Talk to me about lounges and bars vs full restaurants

GPC0321

DIS Veteran
I'm interested in hearing about experiences eating meals at lounges or bars vs full restaurants. My parent aren't huge eaters, but they like good food. What are some of the best places to grab small plates?

Spice Road Table in Morocco in Epcot serves Mediterranean inspired small plates that are delicious.
Tutto Gusto in Italy in Epcot is a "wine cellar" that also serves small plates.
Most resort restaurants have bar areas where you can order appetizers with your beverages, but if you offer off the dinner menu it will be a dinner sized portion, not a small plate specifically.
Other than these options I can not think of "small plates" specifically.,
Good Luck

Crews Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club has a menu with both appetizers and entrees. Territory lLounge at the Wilderness Lodge has some very good food items on their menu. We like eating at both those places.

They can always just order appetizers at any TS restaurant, I do it all the time because I'm a light eater as well.

I've eaten at Tambu, Crew's Cup, Trader Sam's, Nomad Lounge, Territory Lounge and Victoria Falls. All offer shareable plates. Nomad is the worst of the bunch for food, but the best of the bunch for drinks. Unfortunately the lounges have gone to a fairly standardized menu for drinks.

I, too, recommend Spice Road Table. Though it's a TS, they have an extensive small plates menu and the portions are definitely big enough to share. They also have great cocktails and the staff is really nice!

I've eaten at Tambu, Crew's Cup, Trader Sam's, Nomad Lounge, Territory Lounge and Victoria Falls. All offer shareable plates. Nomad is the worst of the bunch for food, but the best of the bunch for drinks. Unfortunately the lounges have gone to a fairly standardized menu for drinks.

Nomad Lounge was the worst of the bunch for food? Hmm. I had planned lunch/ drinks there one of our AK days. Will you please give some more information about your experience?

Thanks!

Nomad Lounge was the worst of the bunch for food? Hmm. I had planned lunch/ drinks there one of our AK days. Will you please give some more information about your experience?

Thanks!

The food was good. It was just really small portions. The majority of Nomad's options are around 10 dollars each. Where you can get triple the food for 14 at Territory Lounge or Crew's Cup. Nomad is the one where price plus portion size makes for a poor place to have a light meal. The drinks are universally wonderful, with a great price point on the drinks. Just not the food. Especially compared to what you'd pay at the bars at Disney Springs.

Thanks for the extra info. I appreciate it!

What was your favorite drink at Nomad?

Mizners Lounge at the Grand Floridian. Very nice small plates menu AND if you time it when the band is playing,you get to listen to some wonderful live music as you eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter