Taking our kids on Suprise trip... help me not forget anything

Globalfootprint

Mouseketeer
Hello.

We are suprising our 4 kids with a family trip to America which will include a trip to Orlando.

Our kids are 12, 8, 5 and 3.

We have never had an international flight as a family before.

What do I or should I not forget to pack in their carry ons?

Im not too concerned about forgetting one of two thinga in the packed suitcase because I can buy it there.

Thanks in advance

A change of clothes and anything you might want that first day or night like toothbrushes, swimsuit, pajamas. Just in case your luggage got lost (or delayed arriving at the hotel). Heck I accidentally spilled a soda on the guy next to me on a plane once (I felt awful)- I bet he wished he could have changed his pants!

Also don't forget some fun entertainment stuff, books, coloring books, little game books, maybe a deck of cards for the older ones. Snacks!

Have fun, sounds like they are in for quite a surprise!!

Hello.

We are suprising our 4 kids with a family trip to America which will include a trip to Orlando.

Our kids are 12, 8, 5 and 3.

We have never had an international flight as a family before.

What do I or should I not forget to pack in their carry ons?

Im not too concerned about forgetting one of two thinga in the packed suitcase because I can buy it there.

Thanks in advance

For kids and carry-ons I always pack things that would be expensive or hard to find once you arrive. I don't want to have to take a taxi because of delayed or lost luggage knwim? In their bag we bring their night time pull-ups (I hate that we still need those!) toothbrush and 1 change of clothing and their "busy" items. Amazon Kindle (like the iPad), crayons and markers and coloring books. A snack, an empty water bottle. On my carry on I bring my camera AND charges for the kids kindle and my camera batteries in my carry on, as they would be too hard to replace. I used to pack the charges in the suitcase but have learned its better to keep them on ourselves! I would say pull-ups are the one thing we would probably have to leave property to get, along with camera chargers.

Coming from Australia?

That's a long flight. Pack a toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste for the plane (trust me, hours on a plane make your mouth feel icky) and a set of clothes (two would be best) I would also bring a blanket and small pillow for each child. They will likely need to nap on that flight since its so long. Also bring lots of snacks and books and crafts, maybe download some movies if you have an ipad or tablet.

Good luck :thumbsup2

Coming from Australia?

That's a long flight. Pack a toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste for the plane (trust me, hours on a plane make your mouth feel icky) and a set of clothes (two would be best) I would also bring a blanket and small pillow for each child. They will likely need to nap on that flight since its so long. Also bring lots of snacks and books and crafts, maybe download some movies if you have an ipad or tablet.

Good luck :thumbsup2

Yes and by the looks of your Signature we will be there on the same dates.

Good tips thanks alot

Personally I wouldn't bother with toothpaste and brush, I've never not been given them on an international flight. A change of clothes is a must, including you, I've been vomited on by my kids on long flights ;) snacks for the flight, obviously meals and snacks are provided through the flight but not necessarily when the kids want them. You'll be given a blanket and pillow on the flight, but my kids have their own fluffy blankets that we wouldn't travel without. Plenty of entertainment, tablets, books etc and for the 3 yr old at least a few wrapped up 'surprises' ( I use cheap things from the dollar store), small toys etc to distract them on the way and break up the trip. For arrival maybe a small sunscreen and swim wear if you are going directly to a resort, in case of delayed baggage. I always try to have travel sized medications too (Ibroprufen, acetametaphin (paracetamol)) just in case we need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter