Taking one for the team

DBF looooooves the Backlot Tour. Especially now that it's just a shell of it's former self, I'm okay skipping it. But for him, we will go back on Catastrophe Canyon...again...:hug::laughing:

I have to admit it...I am scared to death of ToT...However, I WILL ride it over and over again...Guess I'm a glutton for punishment!:rotfl:
The only reason why I will ride it is because my older son LOVES it and won't do it alone...If you are ever at DHS on ToT at the same time I am there, and want to know who I am, I am the one grabbing the "OH CRAP" handles and screaming louder than anyone on the ride!:lmao:

P.S. I have never been on Rock -n- roller coaster(long story as to why) and Space Mountain(every time I went the ride was closed) But after the dream I had last night, not sure I will go on them for fear of the disappointment...VERY STRANGE DREAM....

Playhouse Disney Live on Stage @ DHS. I really never, never, never want to sit through it again....ever. But I will come November anyways. DD is 8 now, so maybe that'll be the last time.:scared1:

That's really it, I can even stand multiple rides on IaSW. As far as the thrill rides, I'm the only one in my family that likes 'em, so I have the opposite problem there in that I have to go by myself...but it doesn't really bother me.

Playhouse Disney Live on Stage @ DHS. I really never, never, never want to sit through it again....ever. But I will come November anyways. DD is 8 now, so maybe that'll be the last time.:scared1:

That's really it, I can even stand multiple rides on IaSW. As far as the thrill rides, I'm the only one in my family that likes 'em, so I have the opposite problem there in that I have to go by myself...but it doesn't really bother me.

ITA - sitting on the floor for that show was torture. Criss cross apple sauce is only comfortable when you're a kid not even to mention the show itself. When we went it was Handy Manny I think. No sure what is there now...

My dd favorite ride is Rockin Rollercoaster - I don't care for it, that take off is a bit much for me. Kali river rapids I hate to be soaking wet and walking around. Tea cups too.

Mine? Dinosaur & It's Tough To Be A Bug. I hate both of them, but I do them to make the kid happy (even if I have my eyes closed the whole time in both!)

I absolutely cannot stand Stitch's Great Escape at MK! That chili dog burp makes me want to vomit! :eek: But I do it one time every trip because my youngest daughter loves Stitch.

I however do not do anything that goes around and around... the kids know not to even ask me! :sick:

I do reverse taking one for the team, and we don't even have kids yet. My hubby is scared of Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, and Rock'n Roller Coaster, so I skip all those for him even though I love them. We've already talked about what to do when we have a kid, as neither of us likes the tea cups. We still haven't worked that one out. :laughing:

I do reverse taking one for the team, and we don't even have kids yet. My hubby is scared of Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, and Rock'n Roller Coaster, so I skip all those for him even though I love them. We've already talked about what to do when we have a kid, as neither of us likes the tea cups. We still haven't worked that one out. :laughing:

My Mom usually takes one for the team and goes on the tea cups w/ all the grandkids. She lets them spin as fast as they can go, and they love it. We call it tea w/ Nana.

Small World.....no words can describe the pain.

However, my team does Peter Pan's Flight only for me so it's all equal in the end. :goodvibes

Definitely, Carousel of Progress. It's fun but by the second scene I am ready to be done. My kids love it and beg to see it everytime. They end of singing the song, or their version of it, for the rest of the day.

:cool2: OK flame suit on.....Haunted Mansion. I loathe it. I usually keep my eyes open until the ballroom then no light of day until "kindly step aside, step aside". DH loves it and I love him so I take one for the team. The bride in the attic terrifies me :scared1:....yes I have seen then new Bride once.....once.

Has to be the teacups. Rides that run in fast circles have definitely come to hurt me as I age. We have an excellent county fair here every year, and I could forego almost all the rides because everything spins!

However, MS is awesome - it doesn't affect me the same way - maybe because I can't really sense the spin (as long as I keep my eyes open and don't turn my head). I LOVE Disney rollercoasters - they are so thrilling, yet gentle compared to the daredevil stuff at other theme parks. (of course Space mtn isn't gentle, but it's slow enough that it doesn't hurt my head.) I also LOVE ToT - I could do it over, and over, and over, and over again.

IaSW is one that I repeatedly refuse to ride as well. It just has really NO appeal for me. I'll go pee and shop while they ride it.

:) Gee no one has mentioned Ellen's Adventure....that is like nails on a chalk board but at least I do not have to close my eyes....maybe take a nice nap.

And for anyone that remembers that Narnia thing at DHS a couple of years ago....yawn...:sad2: I think I punched DH in the arm after making me wait 30minutes for that. :mad: I am just kidding but we gave each other, the look....

:) Gee no one has mentioned Ellen's Adventure....that is like nails on a chalk board but at least I do not have to close my eyes....maybe take a nice nap.

And for anyone that remembers that Narnia thing at DHS a couple of years ago....yawn...:sad2: I think I punched DH in the arm after making me wait 30minutes for that. :mad: I am just kidding but we gave each other, the look....

Oh gosh such good points...I DO nap during Ellen's adventures and we did the same "look" after the Narnia thing....it was a what the "heck" (a-hem) moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter