Tae Kwon Do (or other martial arts) question

I too have had a rough time w/ TKD lately. My husband is an instructor for my kids and teaches them at home. He told me if he were to work for a different "school" than the one he trained with as a young man (he's now in his 50's) that his master would see it as a disrespect to him. This is despite the fact we now live hours away from that "school" so my kids are completely limited to what they can do locally b/c my husband refuses to work with anyone else. My response - "Wow, that sounds like it is all about money!"

Yeah, there is a very strange set of "ethics" around this. There was a very nice young man who was an instructor there, who decided after several years of teaching that he needed to do something more with his life and went away to college. The Master acted like this guy had murdered someone. While there's nothing wrong with being a TKD instructor, I'm sure they don't make a fortune or have great benefits, so what's wrong with wanting something better out of life?

My friend's husband is a 4th degree black belt and he encountered some of the same "loyalty" issues as your husband. It took him a while to get over it, but he did start learning at a different school eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter